The Key Account Officer (KAO) is the counter part of the Key & Enterprise Customer Manager (KCM). The KAO supports the KCM to assure that operations requirements & needs are reflected in new customer contracts & commitments. Once the customer contract is signed, the KAO is responsible to coordinate the customer contracts into execution and manages ongoing delivery. Sales activities relate to secure and develop existing customers. This is executed primarily by phone, e-mail or Internet and in some cases through customer visits, external meetings and events. The role also requires participating in internal business project enhancement activities to secure future revenue growth and satisfied customers. Other relevant tasks within the department and/or company may occur.
• Maintain and develop relationships with existing key customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
• Support the KCM and ECM in customer meetings when it comes to finalization and operationalization of customer contracts.
• Coordinate with customer the amendment of contracts over time. e.g. adding / removing sites, standard transitions. KAO conducts re-calculates and makes the contract amendments or organizes this with the KCM.
• Coordinate and guide the planning together with lead auditors and planning department and assures the administrative set-up in CRM system
• Together with the KCM coordinates all customer related activities as part of a team
• KAO creates an Audit Delivery Plan (scope, context, accountabilities, planning, etc.) and timely agrees with the customer & LA/PM (typically 1 year ahead) the sample plan for the upcoming audit cycle.
• Handle and monitor customer inquiries
• Manage the CRM system, control of sales key figures and data quality, creation of customers and entering data into relevant systems
• Coordinate the administrative internal processes; processing customer orders / purchase orders, audit planning, technical review and issue certificate, issue of invoicing, data quality etc.
• Initiates and follows up operational meetings with customers, follows up any customer feedback (incl. complaints) and drives the customer satisfaction improvement.
• Successfully completed administrative education (e.g. Industriekaufmann /-frau) or bachelor/master degree
• Experiences in the development of long lasting customer relationships
• Several years of experience in Sales and basic knowledge of Management Systems/Business Assurance/Auditing would be of advantage
• Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
• Ability to work under pressure and manage several on-going projects
• Experience in working with various IT-programs (e.g. MS Office)
• Fluent in German and English (spoken and written)
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world’s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers’ organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world’s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.