We are looking for a Senior Gas Consultant to enhance our Markets and Regulation team in Bonn. You will be focused on advisory services for gas market and regulatory analysis for clients in the European gas industry, and including policy makers and regulators.
In this role you will be dealing with a range of client’ questions, for instance related to gas asset valuations, gas capacity allocation mechanisms and operability analysis, and gas market and regulatory design.
You will be responsible for supporting national and international consulting projects, from the initial proposal stage into project delivery and client acceptance. You have the possibility to develop your own focus area of work including supervision of other team members and interactions with DNV GL gas experts. You will be supporting acquisition of new projects and prepare project reports and recommendations with consultant teams for gas industry clients.
• Develop and deliver project reports and presentations including client approval
• Support the acquisition of new projects including preparation of proposals and meetings with customers
• Present at conferences and publish papers
• Academic background in economics, business administration or engineering (Master/PhD)
• Significant working experience in the European/German gas sector, for example from positions within a utility company or energy consultancy, a regulatory authority and/or in gas associations
• In-depth knowledge of past and current developments in the European gas market. Familiar with topics such as gas infrastructure regulation and revenue/tariff setting, market design / network codes, capacity management and balancing.
• Established network in the gas industry and experience in the acquisition of leads and projects.
• Fluent English and German (as an advantage) as well as excellent analytical, conceptual and project management skills.
• Very good communication, presentation and writing skills and enjoy team work in a commercial environment.
• Willingness to travel abroad
DNV GL Energy delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain. Our expertise spans gas and electricity production, network and storage infrastructure, sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support industry operators, regulators and policy makers around the globe.