The HR Advisor shall consult and advise line managers and Business Area HR Managers within a dedicated Business Area and develop an effective and close interaction with the aim of understanding their business needs; and to deliver value adding services within the framework of the service portfolio/SLA.
The HR Advisor will act as point of contact on questions routed via HR Direct and/or HR Office that cannot be answered by the global centre due to complexity and/or need for local knowledge.
The HR Advisor will typically execute the following activities:
• Consult and advise line managers and Business Area HR to support and deliver key business goals
• Recruitment - initial phase and final selection phases
• Support related to individual employment relation cases such as:
o Absence and sickness management
o Disciplinary / grievance cases
o Performance management
o Flexible Working requests
• Advice to Business Areas related to change management, including restructuring and TUPE
• Monitoring local legislation and performance of annual PAG reviews
• Home/host services for international assignees
• Visa management
• Ad hoc HR projects
• Consult and handle country specific statutory topics (pension, insurance etc.)
• Unions/works council topics
• Annual salary adjustment process
• General HSE advice
Travel: approx. 15-20% (within UK)
We are seeking a generalist HR Advisor, ideally with previous experience working within a Shared Services business model.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
• CIPD (or equivalent) qualified
• University degree (or equivalent experience)
• Sound knowledge and practical application of UK employment legislation and best practice
• Proven experience of managing restructures and redundancies, able to guide / coach others through the process
• Proven experience of absence and sickness management
• Proven experience and good practical knowledge of performance management
• Proven experience of managing disciplinary / grievance cases
• Comfortable with TUPE processes and implications of harmonising terms & conditions
• Capable of taking ownership of tasks / projects and maintaining momentum towards satisfactory resolution
• Previous success of working closely with senior stakeholders to gain buy-in and support of HR and company initiatives
• Confident in challenging the status quo and establishing new ways thinking whilst remaining professional and promoting a positive and collaborative partnership with the business
• English: High proficiency, both oral and written
• Willing to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.