DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2300 experts in over 30 countries, aims to be a driving force in the global transition to a safe, reliable, efficient and clean energy future.
DNV GL is owned by Det Norske Veritas Foundation and aims to ensure life, properties and the environment. We offer ship classification, certification, technical / financial services in risk and quality, independent expert advice and software to the maritime, oil and gas and clean energy industries.
DNV GL was created in 1864 and operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 13,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
We combine leading technical, economic and operational insight with risk measurement and industry knowledge, to provide credible support for customer decisions and actions. We invest and participate in national and international research and innovation, to provide customers and communities with operational and technological foresight.
DNV GL Energy aims to be a leading provider of advisory services in the Nordic and Baltic countries, focusing on Norway and Sweden. Delivering services to power industry and government include market analysis, regulatory topics, technical and economic advice for power generation, transmission, risk management and due diligence. Our customers are grid companies, major power consumers, industry organizations, government agencies, investors, power producers and project developers. In addition to the power industry, a number of quality and risk analyzes are also carried out of major investment projects in both private and public sectors.
We would like to hire 5 candidates from the following areas:
1. Project Quality Assurance / Project Risk Management
2. Investment analysis
3. Energy Economics (power market)
4. Cost benefit and economic analyses
5. Climate Strategy and Offset Markets
You will join a motivated and skilled team with extensive experience in the energy sector, from project management and consulting services. You will work in teams where our methodology is adapted to solve the problems efficiently and with good quality.
Depending on the background, your most important tasks and deliveries will be, but are not limited to:
- Have a key role in projects such as project manager, consultant or analyst, with responsibility for delivery, including hypothesis formulation, planning, interviewing, collection and processing of data, analysis and recommendations.
- Help in sales and marketing, and establish customer relations
- Professional development through projects, participation in education
- Participate actively in DNV GL Energy global networking
You will work closely with 40 highly qualified professionals at Høvik. You also intend to collaborate and have extensive contact with other units within DNV GL, and with external partners.
- Master degree or PhD in technology and / or economics
- Work experience from advisory or project management within power sector or engineering sector
- Competent within quantitative analysis and use of data tools
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable in writing reports in Norwegian (or Swedish) and English
- Experience from and / or strong knowledge of the power industry
- Preferably with a network within Nordic power or engineering sector
- Analytical and commercial mindset is required
- Enjoy working in teams
- Enjoy building relations and network -
Curious and eager to try new challenges
- Wish to pursue a career within energy and advisory
- Honest, open and committed to DNV GL's visions and values
- Work in teams with competent colleagues with high education and specialization in an international environment
- High quality of internal education and training
- A combination of projects and training, aimed at providing you with a fast and interesting career path
- Participation in development of services and markets under the brand name DNV GL
- International opportunities - 6 weeks holiday
- Company sports, motor club, company cabins ++ We offer competitive terms and allow you to contribute to a safe and sustainable future for the community. Our working culture is based on respect for each other and an understanding of the need for a healthy balance between work and leisure.
Erling Svendby, BD Manager Market Area Nordics & Baltics +47 41542412
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.