The Power Quality Section consisting of 12 staff, including electrical engineers, technicians and support staff, are active in the area of grid code compliance performance of renewable energy generation units like on- and offshore wind power plants, solar inverters or combustion engines being used in electricity generation. The Power Quality Section carries out fault ride-through (FRT) tests as well as power quality (PQ) measurements around the globe with emphasis in the home region Central Europe and Mediterranean as well as in some areas of Scandinavia.
We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer for PQ and FRT measurements to join our office in Kaiser-Wilhelm-Koog and / or Hamburg who can start as soon as possible who will be responsible for the following main tasks:
• Preparation, planning, installation and carrying out PQ and FRT measurements on power generating units
• Monitoring of PQ measurements by means of remote access
• Analysis and reporting of PQ and FRT measurements using in-house software
• Working with analysis software such as IMC-Famos or powerfactory
• Coding in visual basic (vb.net)
• Management of ongoing projects with along with internal reporting and customer communications
• University degree in electrical engineering with focus on power systems or similar
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and a valid driver's license
• Customer-oriented approach while having a good commercial sense
• Proficiency in MS office
• Good communication skills in English and German, both written and oral
• Knowledge of power systems and power system protection
• Knowledge of power quality measurements including measurement of flicker and harmonics
• Experience with international and national grid code compliance regulations
• Experience with maintenance, service and operational management of wind farms
Join us and you will:
• Work with dedicated and competent colleagues who have a high level of education and specialization in a global set up
• Meet demanding customer’s inquiries, in a complex, technical, commercial and exciting environment
• Have an exciting and attractive working environment which you can actively shape
• Benefit from attractive and individual training and development opportunities
• Learn more every day
• Work in a very good location
• Be protected with high standards in the areas of occupational safety, occupational health management and work-life balance
• Experience exciting challenges and a new way of thinking in the ever-changing energy world
• Enjoy permanent employment with a fair remuneration plan
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.