DNV GL is recruiting a Country Manager for South Korea to address the growth for its activities in the Energy sector in South Korea. The existing team in South Korea has provided advisory services which cover policy and strategy, market restructuring, renewables generation, power transmission and distribution, energy storage and energy efficiency etc.
The successful applicant will work with Regional Management and Korea-based support services to develop and broaden the company's business in its market. Main tasks will be of strategic, commercial, financial and technical nature. The role will combine management and execution of commercial work for clients. The position will be based in Seoul, primarily focused on the Korea market.
The precise responsibilities will depend on the person appointed. The Country Manager will perform the following duties, without this list being all-comprehensive, according to the following job description:
- Establish a strategy and 5-year business plan for the Business Unit, based on the broader DNV GL Energy strategy and development plan; The plan will leverage on the DNV GL's leading position in energy and renewable advisory to expand into the broader power sector value chain;
- Manage the technical team within the business unit;
- Manage all administrative and financial aspects of the business unit, according to the DNV GL Management System, working together with Korea-based and regional support services.
- Manage business development of DNV GL Energy services in Korea;
- Liaise with a wide range of clients from energy / renewable energy developers, utilities, to TSOs, Manufacturers and Governmental institutions;
- Act as Sponsor on a project-level or as Key Account Manager on a customer level;
- Act as representative / speaker at key industry events and in industry working groups;
- Select, qualify and manage subcontractors as required.
- Provide technical mentoring to the team or technical advice directly to customers including:
- General project advice;
- Technical due diligence on pre-construction and operational projects;
- Power systems planning and Project Management & Technical services including HVDC technology
- Operational excellence service including Asset Management, Power Failure investigation, Grid codes compliance etc.
- Coordinate involvement of other internal experts;
- Other ad-hoc advice;
- Supervise the complete product lifecycle from proposal to delivery.
- Manage the technical team, setting annual objectives, performing ongoing reviews and undertaking yearly appraisals;
- Recruit for new positions, as so specified by you;
- Provide advice and guidance to the team, organising training related to skills development and adoption of best practices;
- Ensure statutory and DNV GL QHSE policy is implemented;
- Conduct business reviews with the team and regional management.
- Prepare annual operating plan;
- Continuously manage P&L;
- Prepare monthly financial / management reports and regular forecast;
- Approve annual accounts.
*Note: Expat applicants will not be considered for this position.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.