The Global Centre Finance delivers high quality services to European countries related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Record to Report processes. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS Finance Regional Centers, together developing the Global Shared Service Finance function for DNV GL.
We are seeking Record to Report Accountant for the Global Centre GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
Record to Report Accountant will be reporting to the Team Leader of R2R Section. The Record to Report accountant will be member of a team of R2R accountants, ensuring general ledger accounting activities are performed on time, accurately and in compliance with corporate guidelines.
To succeed in this role, you are to be a team player with ability to create an atmosphere of motivation and enthusiasm. You will be playing a key role in delivering the services within newly created shared service center.
• Month end closing of legal entities and internal reporting, including year-end reporting in compliance with company accounting policies and the application of IFRS
• Preparation and posting journal entries and accounting corrections/reclassifications to ensure accurate accounting records (including fixed assets)
• Working closely with other units to ensure accruals are accurate and complete
• Dealing with daily accounting matters, cooperating with Reginal Center, being supported by senior R2R staff
• Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
• Reconciling and confirming intercompany balances within the DNV GL Group
• Completing or supporting preparation of required VAT filing
• Undertaking ad-hoc reporting and analysis requested by Global Center management or Regional Center
• Developing, maintaining and updating related Record to Report process documentation
• Ensuring accurate, timely and high quality service including KPI management
• Providing internal and external audit support, as required
• University degree (Finance, Accounting or other relevant degree preferable)
• Minimum two years’ experience in finance and accounting, knowledgeable in R2R processes and accounting principles
• Very good English skills required, written and verbal
• Previous experience in a Shared Services Company/BPO is a plus
• Very good in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Oracle (is a plus) or any other ERP system
• Presents ability to work independently, procedures/work instructions based
• Ability to lead conference calls in international environment
• Capability to follow-up on issues
• Experienced in setting up and implementing process improvements, standardization (is a plus)
• Very good communication skills and cultural awareness
• Positive attitude and customer focus
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.