The Global Centre HR delivers high quality HR services to European Countries; service scope is services that are location independent and/or can be digitalized. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS HR Regional Centres within Europe and Centres of Competence, together developing the Global Shared Service HR function for DNV GL.
We are seeking a Head of Section – HR Office for the Global Centre HR. The Head of Section is responsible for a HR Office team delivering HR administrative and competence based services.
The Head of Section HR Office reports to the Head of Global Center HR and is part of the Global Centre GSS HR management team. This is a position based in Gdynia, Poland.
In this role you will be engaged in further developing and maturing the future concept and service delivery model within HR Office services, including resource analysis and planning.
To succeed in this role you will provide leadership, direction and prioritization to your team, creating an atmosphere of motivation and passion to be part of the Global Centre. You will play a key role in service implementation, development and continuous improvement of HR Office deliveries.
• Your focus will be on further maturing and development of service delivery model
• You will build and manage a HR Office team:
- Oversee and steer day-to-day operation and delegate responsibilities across your team
- Build, coach and develop your team including 5 Group Leaders reporting to you
• Ensure that all HR Office requests are handled with professionalism and service attitude while ensuring that delivery is according to defined Service Level Agreements
• Ensure that all HR Office activities are delivered according to DMSG-, Company-, legal- and regulatory requirements
• Be a valuable contributor to the Global Centre GSS HR management team
• Implementing process improvements within the scope of service
• Establish and maintain close and professional partnerships with internal stakeholders
• Some travel will be required
• Master’s degree within HR or Business Administration
• A minimum of 5 years Human Resources or Shared Services experience in a large, preferably international, organization required:
- HR leadership experience, preferably with similar responsibilities
- Experience from HR shared services is recommended
• Profound knowledge of all general HR topics
• Ability to build and lead a team of skilled HR generalists
• Ability to build good relationships with steer different stakeholders
• Excellent English skills required - written and verbal. Additional European language skills will be advantageous
Characteristics of Successful Employee:
• Good people management skills aligned with the DNV GL company values
• Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness
• Positive attitude, customer centric mindset and the willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
• Attentive to detail and deadlines
• Sharp judgment
• Action and quality orientation with focus on continuous improvement
• Desire to get things right the first time
• Ability and willingness to step into the team and support in times of need
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
DNV GL offers an attractive working environment in an international organization that invests in developing our people. To ensure you are equipped both now and in the future to deliver on expectations within your area, you will receive training fit to your level and role. All newly hired employees can expect to receive induction training, facilitating their transition into the new position. We are situated in a modern and attractive office in a certified sustainable building. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, and relocation allowance if applicable.
If you want to be part of actively shaping the future of a dynamic company with more than a 150 years heritage, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services within Human Resources, Finance, IT and Real Estate Management & Procurement. The delivery requirements are based on Global Service Level Agreements between the Business Areas, Group Centre and GSS.
We are driven by our peoples’ competence and motivation to support the Business Areas and Group Centre. As a GSS employee you will act in a professional, international, multi-cultural and service oriented environment. You will have opportunities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise and build network with colleagues around the world.
In Poland, DNV GL has a strong presence with more than 500 employees working within Maritime, Business Assurance, Energy, Digital Solutions and GSS.
From 2016 GSS has been expanding in Poland by building a Centre in Gdynia, delivering selected services within HR, Finance, Real Estate Management & Procurement.
We are looking for dedicated employees with strong skill sets, a professional service oriented attitude and team spirit. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of further development of our centre and working within an international organization with a globally recognized brand.