The individual responsibility will include the following
• Project Management in Power system studies on Renewable energy (onshore and offshore wind, solar) grid integration.
• Expert in Load flow studies, system loss calculations, short circuit analysis, transient & dynamic stability analysis, voltage stability analysis, performing short circuit, arc flash, and voltage drop analysis
• Experience with power system simulation packages such as PSS/E, ETAP, PSCAD/EMTDC and MATLAB/SIMULINK.
• Functional knowledge of Balance of Plant (BoP), Including Transformer, switchgear, cables/overhead, Lines, reactors, STATCOM technical specifications, Earthing design calculation as per IS/IEEE.
• Liaise with industry suppliers, manage bidding processes and provide critical bid assessment
• Coordinate with offices in Europe and APAC for the delivery of services
• Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members reach their potential
• Support the continuous improvement of the methodology and documentation
• Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
• Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Internal & External contacts
• The individual will be in regular contact (phone/email/meetings) with the Client (Lenders and Owners) and Client’s project team as well as construction contractors, stakeholders and other third parties.
• The individual will be in regular contact with his/her own team, Line Manager and other Head of Sections.
• The individual will work closely with other engineers in their local offices, and will have contact with the wider electrical community.
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical Engineering
• More than 5 years of significant practical relevant experience.
• Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English
• Superior organization, coaching and interpersonal skills, combined with effective leadership, decision-making, and communication
• Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment – operating to tight timescales.
• Willingness to work on site.
• Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
• Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages and AutoCAD or Microstation
• Ideally experience in the design and analysis of wind turbine electrical system
• Capable of working as part of an integrated global team
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ideally experience working within the renewables industry
• Health and Safety training
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.