This role is for the operation of Global Operations and Analytics Centre, a state of the art facilities that will monitor and assess the performance of wind and solar plants 24 x 7 located across the world. This facility will house the suite of our software for in-depth performance assessment and will be centre of innovation using big data analytics, machine learning and further application of artificial intelligence.
In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section- Global Operations and Analytics Centre.
• Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
• Traits for being updated, organised, taking risk, integrity and collaborating in groups.
• You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast changing business and technological environment.
The individual role in
• Work with the other team members in the area of renewable advisory to gain technical expertise in the sector
• End to end modelling using machine learning techniques in R or python with good working knowledge of various packages.
• Analyse unstructured and structured big data; architect data intelligence tools to extract intelligent business information; architect big data structures
• Well versed in probability, statistics and applied mathematics; conceptualise, develop and test various statistical models successfully.
• Design and develop machine learning algorithms to enhance the operations of GOAC.
• Find avenues and scope of improvements in delivery of existing services of GOAC, and implement them through internal projects in close collaboration with larger energy advisory team.
• Engage in DNV GL’s various global innovation projects and initiatives, and ensure that new solutions are developed and implemented in Indian region.
• Work in close collaboration with experienced global pool of Data Scientists in Europe and North America; Explore opportunities on experience exchange with the global team through secondments to overseas offices
• Effectively manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Actively participate in the ongoing global energy transition, and contribute in shaping the future of energy.
• Mentoring and training of other employees
• Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members attain their potential • Participate in R&D projects and contribute to publishing of journal papers. • Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Qualifications and experience –
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or related stream
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in developing platforms for large scale data processing and implementing machine and deep learning algorithms.
• 3-5 years- experience in in area(s) of statistical analysis/ modelling/ text mining/supervised and unsupervised learning.
• Excellent programming skills in R/Python
• Should be aware of various techniques used in data wrangling and cleaning
• Proficiency in Probability, Statistics and Linear Algebra
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance
• Willing to work in shifts for a 24x7 environment on a need to basis.
• Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.