In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section- Measurements. Measurement team is actively involved in validation of simulation models through activities that include Measurement equipment installations / operations / maintenance / data analysis, interpretation and reporting (for power performance and load measurements)/hardware assembly/maintenance and workshop activities. The individual would also support business development and other administration requirements pertaining to Measurements.
• Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
• Traits for being updated, organised, taking risk, integrity and collaborating in groups.
• Inquisitiveness, patience and detail-orientation required for field testing and measurement
• You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast changing business and technological environment.
The individual will be responsible for providing services for “Type Measurements”, including Structural Load Measurements, Component testing, Power Performance Measurements, Electrical Characteristics Measurements and Acoustic Measurements, for wind turbine manufacturers and operators.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Project management in the areas of measurements which include management of Customer as well as internal team
• Co-ordinate the execution of mandates/project with the Service Line Leaders
• Manage the local workshop including handling of measurement equipment
• Analyse unstructured and structured big data; architect data intelligence tools to extract intelligent information; architect big data structures
• Well versed in probability, statistics and applied mathematics; conceptualise, develop and test various statistical models successfully.
• Find avenues and scope of improvements in delivery of existing services, and implement them through internal projects in close collaboration with larger energy advisory team.
• Engage in DNV GL’s various global innovation projects and initiatives, and ensure that new solutions are developed and implemented in Indian region.
• Work in close collaboration with experienced global pool of Measurement Engineers in Europe and North America; Explore opportunities on experience exchange with the global team through secondments to overseas offices.
• Effectively manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Actively participate in the ongoing global energy transition, and contribute in shaping the future of energy.
• Mentoring and training of other employees
• Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members attain their potential
• Participate in R&D projects and contribute to publishing of journal papers.
•Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Qualifications and experience :
• B.Tech/M.Tech in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation
• At least 5-7 years of work experience in relevant industry
• Hands on experience in data acquisition system e.g. IMC cronos
• Experience and knowledge of IEC 61400-13 and design load cases for Wind Turbines
• Knowledge of Test of Turbine Behaviour and Safety and Functional Test of Wind Turbine
• Experience in working with Matlab/IMC FAMOS
• Experience in in area(s) of statistical analysis/ modelling/ text mining/supervised and unsupervised learning.
• Should be aware of various techniques used in data wrangling and cleaning
• Proficiency in Probability, Statistics and Linear Algebra
• Willingness and capable of undertaking physically stressful work such as climbing wind turbine / met-mast etc.
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance
• Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international)
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.