We are looking for an HR ADVISOR – India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh
As the HR Advisor you are responsible for advising management of the Business Area’s in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh with a total of approx. 315 full time employees. You are required to support the GSS H.R. Manager, Country Chair and senior country management in India to ensure all advisory, recruitment, C&B compliance and labour law requirements are fulfilled. As an HR Advisor, you will need to understand the various Business Area’s challenges and collaborate with the various stakeholders in the different business areas. You are customer centric, flexible and you need to have very good knowledge in the different aspects of human resources.
You will report to the GSS HR Manager in India. The position is based in Mumbai.
As the HR Advisor you are responsible for executing the following activities:
• Recruitment: advise on recruitment plan, conduct interviews with candidates and negotiate offers
• Handle annual Compensation and Benefit reviews together with the Compensation & Benefits Manager and handle country specific C&B topics like salary adjustments and pension.
• Regular reviews of all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
• Overall responsibility for Global Mobility with respect to International assignments
• Monitor local legislation and ensure local HR requirements are in compliance.
• Health and safety of the workforce.
• Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
• Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
• Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
Characteristics of the successful employee
As a successful HR Advisor you must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Positive, pro-active and flexible attitude, quick adapter to change and willingness to go the extra mile to
meet organizational goals
• Confident in challenging the status quo and establishing new ways of thinking whilst remaining
professional and promoting a positive and collaborative partnership with the business
• Understand customer needs and the sense of urgency; take ownership to ensure solutions for the customer, make things happen and deliver high quality results on time
• Constructive team player, cooperate in open and transparent way with others, support others in the pursuit of team goals
• Structured way of working, able to quickly understand and analyze complex issues and problems and come up with sound, rational judgements and pragmatic solutions
• Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment,
organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
• Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
A challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment.
To apply: Please upload a 1 page cover letter (font size 12) along with your updated CV describing your motivation for this position as well as the relevant experience, behavior and attitudes which you believe makes you a fit for the position.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.