DNV GL Renewables Certification (RC) consists of a total of 210 people with locations in Hamburg, Copenhagen, Dresden, London, Shanghai, Beijing and Bangalore. DNV GL Renewables Certification has the global responsibility for Type Certification, Component Certification and Project Certification within DNV GL Energy. This includes design and manufacturing verification activities resulting in a conformity statement or similar.
Due to growing market opportunities and current work at DNV GL Energy, Renewables Certification is looking for an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer who has experience from working in the renewables industry, preferably in wind energy segment and has a wish to work with certification of wind turbines in particular in India or abroad.
Roles and responsibilities
1) The successful candidate shall be responsible for assessment of support structures for wind turbines (Steel, concrete and hybrid towers, Sub-structures and foundations etc.)
2) The successful candidate shall be responsible for assessment of offshore wind turbine foundations and sub-structures including geotechnical assessment of soil conditions.
3) The successful candidate shall be responsible for workshop inspections such as towers, steel structures and inspection of foundations etc.
4 The successful candidate shall be responsible for working as a team member and Project Management
5) Successful candidate shall be responsible for Business development, customer relationship and Project Management. He/She shall be responsible for preparation of proposals including scope of work, schedule and budgeting etc.
6) Work in a global team with good communication skills in order to collaborate with other teams located at Hamburg, Copenhagen and China.
7) Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within timeline and budget at the same time maintaining the quality work.
8) Any other duties as per the market demands and business needs.
9) Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
10) Must be ready to travel within India and other countries as and when required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Shall have 5-10 years of work experience in the designing, manufacturing and executing of Wind turbine Steel/concrete or hybrid towers, Wind turbine foundation, bolted connections.
2. Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent from reputed institutes.
1) Knowledge of relevant national and international structural codes and standards
2) Hand on experience in designing and manufacturing of foundations of wind turbines.
3) Experience with calculation software (STAAD Pro, Sofistik, Ansys, Abaqus, RFEM, Plaxis, L-pile, Flac3D or similar)
4) Experience with calculation of structures (e.g. jackets and monopile) with dynamic loading
5) Experience with support structure manufacturing and fabrication
6) Experience in managing multiple projects/activities concurrently at different stages. Strong project management skills are required.
7) Must have strong knowledge of IEC 61400-22, IECRE guidelines and other applicable standards.
8) Candidate must be aware of IIW recommendation for fatigue design of welded joints and components.
9) Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including writing clear and detailed technical reports and emails.
10) Must be supportive and flexible to work on self-directed independent project.
Good to have:
1) Very good IT skills in the most popular computer programs
2) Experience in Business development will be an added advantage.
3) Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management system.
4 )Knowledge of project related finance.
5) Having knowledge of wind turbine loads and other structures is added advantage.
6) Having active PMP certification or equivalent.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.