With unprecedented change occurring in the energy industry around the world – from growing energy demand and the globalization of markets, to the expansion of renewables and an increased focus on sustainability, your ability to be nimble while managing risk and complexity is critical to your success. The Iberia and Latin America Inspection Group delivers over 300 inspections per year in Spain, Portugal and an additional several inspections in Europe and Latin America.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Wind Turbine Inspection Service Coordinator to take a lead role in developing the inspections business for DNV GL in the Iberia/Latin American region, will manage a team of inspectors and will be responsible for business development, team and project management, executing inspections and delivering high quality engineering reports.
The job will be based in Zaragoza or Madrid (depending on the preference of the successful applicant) with travelling within Spain, Portugal and other countries in Central and South America or around the world will be required from time to time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Coordinate the work of inspectors and in some cases subcontractors;
· Manage the inspection projects and interface with customers;
· Developing the inspections business in Spain, Portugal and Sout America;
· Perform the following inspections of onshore wind turbine:
o Visual inspections of tower and nacelle;
o Detailed inspection of machinery using videoscope;
o Blade inspection (cherry picker or spotting scope);
o Take oil and grease samples from various rotating equipment;
o Vibration measurements;
o Functional tests of various equipment;
· Supporting construction monitoring site visits;
· Supporting root cause failure investigations through inspection and documentation of field conditions as well as follow-up analysis projects (both desk and field inspection work);
· Meet company required documentation and reporting and administrative responsibilities:
o Author/Reviewer detailed construction monitoring and operational site visit reports, and write memos, emails or technical notes to communicate clearly and objectively internally and to clients with accuracy and technical rigor;
o Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, inspection check sheets, tracking reports and scheduling controls;
· Contribute in improving procedures and aligning QSE system with other Inspection Groups across the DNV GL Group;
· Liaise with other Inspections Centres across the DNV GL Group.
Experience and skills required:
· Engineer qualification (Electrical, Electronic and /or Mechanical). Renewable/Wind Energy master will be highly considered;
· High level of English and Spanish skills both written and verbal are essential;
· At least 2 years’ experience working as either as field technician or field supervisor in the wind industry;
· Must have comprehensive knowledge of wind turbine systems including gearboxes, blades, pitch and yaw systems, generators, towers and foundations, electrical cabling, controllers and SCADA systems;
· Experience in technical inspections, videoscope, thermography and vibrations analysis will be a plus;
· Ability to work at heights to inspect the wind turbine (after appropriate training) and sufficient physical fitness to perform 80-100m turbine climbs;
· Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work;
· Good understanding of Health & Safety regulations (including the Wind Turbine Safety Rules);
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel);
· Requires the willingness and availability to travel frequently throughout the year for periods of up to two weeks at a time. Travel is usually within Spain, Portugal and Latin America and may include more distant trips from time to time. Estimated travel time expected up 40% to 50% of the year;
· Full driving licence.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!