DNV GL Cape Town is looking for a Senior Consultant Energy Storage, to support the Middle East & Africa Storage team with Energy Storage related consultancy services. The MEA storage team is based in Dubai and Cape Town and is part of the larger Norther Europe, Middle East and Africa (NEMEA) storage department, with further offices in UK and Netherlands.
In this role you will have a dual responsibility, focussing on both helping with the delivery of (mostly) energy storage related projects and driving business development for energy storage related opportunities in the (sub-Saharan) Africa region.
You will be based in Cape Town, South Africa. You will be working with diverse customers and colleagues and the role offers an opportunity to be involved in other energy technology related projects.
Most of the work is desk based, but (international) travel for site and customer visits will be required.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
• Execute or manage energy storage related projects, including data analysis, technical due diligence, battery and business case modelling, report writing, presentations, courses, etc.
• You are expected to work the majority of your time on chargeable projects
• Extend your external network and identify, drive and facilitate sales and market led opportunities for energy storage e.g. generating leads, quality proposals and closing deals in cooperation with the Key Value Proposition Leaders and Business Leads
• Analyse new business opportunities, gather market intelligence and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant colleagues
• Achieve sales as per targets agreed with the Storage Team Lead and Head of Department
• Build an internal network to gain and share knowledge and opportunities
Local Benefits: Medical and pension benefits.
Desirable qualifications include:
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!