Do you want to become part of our DNVGL Maritime Advisory team in Trondheim?
In our Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory Section in Trondheim, we are working closely with maritime clients on a day-to-day basis. This includes designers, shipyards, shipowners/rigowners and energy companies. We are combining technical expertise, detailed industry knowledge and understanding of the balance between technical and commercial aspects to provide our customers with the foundation to make the right decisions.
Through our global network, you will be part of exciting projects together with clients all over the world.
You will help us deliver challenging projects by developing simulation models (digital twins) for vessel performance estimation and testing of complex onboard control systems. The work also includes maintenance and development of existing and future technologies and services related to establishing digital twins based on time-domain simulations, using cloud infrastructure and web technologies.
You will be working in a team with activities including:
• Contribution to projects studying vessel performance (station-keeping, motion, fuel consumption, etc.) for different offshore operations
• Contribution to projects involving simulator-based testing of control systems (Hardware in the Loop/Software in the Loop)
• Contribution to the development of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for DP Capability analyses and vessel performance in general
• Development of simulation models
• Follow-up and contribution to improving the established agile framework and best practices
• Collaboration with other teams in Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory and DNV GL
• Business development work for our services/products
• Some travel will be required, domestic/international
• Master’s degree in Marine Technology/Engineering Cybernetics or equivalent
• Some experience in software development, which includes familiarity with one or more of these programming languages and tools:
o Dev ops
• Special interest in web development:
o Front end (UX)
• Fluency in English
Personal Qualities we look for:
• Keen to learn new development tools and products
• Contributing to our development of best practices and finding new and creative ways to improve our way of working
• Ability to look beyond what is apparent to see trends and systemic impacts of underlying facts
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Motivation to take on new challenges
• Pro-active consultant mindset, self-driven, creativity, initiative and quality focus
• Structured and systematic
• High degree of integrity in what you do
• Enjoying working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deliverables, and remaining flexible and service-minded
• General interest in the maritime industry
What we offer:
• Interesting and challenging projects both domestic and international
• Position in an international team of dedicated highly competent colleagues with expert knowledge and specialties within the maritime domain
• Great possibilities for professional development
• Possibility to influence new and creative ways of working
• Be part of a world-leading Maritime company with global reach, headquartered in Norway and more than 12 000 people with extensive international job opportunities.
• New and modern office at Lysgården, Sluppen, Trondheim
For further information, please contact:
Odd Charles Hestnes, Head of Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory, + 47 90 10 12 40
Rune Green, Principal Engineer, Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory, + 47 93 46 72 30
Luca Pivano, Principal Specialist DP simulations, Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory, +47 41 16 05 52
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!