About Approval Centre Poland
The business unit Maritime Ship Classification Approval (M-SA) at DNV GL consists of Approval Centre Poland (ACP) in Gdynia, Approval Centre Germany (ACG) in Hamburg and Approval Centre Norway (ACN) in Høvik. Main competencies of the Approval Centers (AC) are approval, verification and certification for maritime-related assets, mainly newbuilding, conversions, alternations and certification of materials and components.
Digital Class Services unit within Approval Centre Poland is responsible for effective end-to-end process of CO2 reporting verification and NAPA modeling.
We are looking for a temporary support or intern, motivated to learn about marine CO2 reporting regulation, as well as our digital approach for verification of CO2 emissions, which would be the role of the verifier. As the verifier, you will be responsible for handling and ensuring that data reported by our clients have required quality, communicate with clients on comments, work using internal production system and verification tools.
You will have a unique opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the following fields:
• Vessel operational reporting;
• General overview of the technical documentation classification;
• Work with development of digital verification tools;
• Data quality check and identification of the received documents (monitoring plans, emission reports and fuel oil consumption reports) from external companies;
• Close cooperation with international technical departments across DNV GL’s global approval network;
• Cooperation with shipowners around the world.
• Bachelor or Master of Engineering or Bachelor or Master Students of engineering;
• Fluency in English is necessary (both written and verbal);
• Working knowledge of MS Office tools;
• Knowledge of ship and ship systems both operational and technical;
• Attention to details and solution-orientated approach;
• Experience with analyzing large databases will be an advantage;
• Understanding of ship shore reporting systems will be an additional advantage.
What DNV GL Offers:
• Full time paid contract/internship;
• Training within production tools, verification concept and data processing;
• Fruit days, great coffee, multisport card, private medical care;
• Modern working environment at Łużycka Office Park in Gdynia;
• Great working atmosphere and support from your colleagues;
• Impact on Safer, Smarter and Greener future at sea;
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!