In order to contribute, drive and implement the business strategy, the Area Manager will be responsible for the overall Financial and Business Performance of the DASC Division in IME. This includes responsibility for Sales, Revenue and Profit. This person will manage a team of highly dedicated professionals within Operations, Sales and Business Development.
The Area Manager will report to the Global Director, Advisory and Assessment Services who is based in UK.
This role is accountable for:
· Strategy and Performance -
- Develop, manage and drive goals and overall key business performance such as Revenue, Sales & Profitability for IME market to meet and exceed the DASC Division strategy and objectives;
- Lead the team to bring digital assurance and supply chain solutions to market to solve industry and customer challenges related to sustainability and digital transformation;
- Proactively seek out attractive partnerships and marketing opportunities that will help grow and benefit the business;
· Budget management & reporting -
- Responsible for the efficiency and performance of budgets through cost management, analysis of metrics, innovative processes and systems and working closely with other teams to influence and drive activities;
- Responsible for generating and presenting annual plans, monthly, quarterly and annual performance review of IME to the DASC senior management;
· Product/Service & Stakeholder Management -
- Work closely with customers to leverage on expertise and influence product / service development.
- Provide Senior Management with local market insights of both best in industry and best in market developments to ensure we continue to deliver best of products and customer experience, continually improve and adjust our strategy, delivery, and execution of activities in IME;
· People Management –
- Coaching, mentoring and motivating team members to achieve excellence in their work, direction and business continuity;
- Working closely with team members to encourage collaboration in order to achieve business results, growth and innovation;
DNV GL is one of the world’s leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!