In the Hamburg based Section “Plants and Pipelines” we support our clients with independent 3rd party certification and verification. Typical projects in this environment are fixed or floating offshore platforms of the oil and gas industry, as well as platforms for offshore wind farms, onshore refineries and other facilities. The pipelines are typically oil, gas and water pipelines, both onshore and offshore. To grow our V&C team services within Oil & Gas Germany, we are looking for a Junior Fire Protection & Safety Engineer. Always keeping in mind to deliver our services to our customers full satisfaction. You should be motivated to support our business process from sales to billing in a self-driven and commercially oriented manor, presenting eagerness to widen your knowledge with focus on areas/countries in our responsibility. While integrating well into our existing team you should be keen on reaching out to DNV GL’s network and provide our services in cooperation with other sections in Hamburg as well as the various offices within our region and global organization.
Field of activities in this position include:
• Project management with deployment of internal and external staff
• Proposal preparation and interfacing with clients
• Design, drawing and calculation approval
• Risk assessment and participation in safety studies such as HAZID or HAZOP
• Technical expert advisory services
• Inspections of manufacturing and site surveys (onshore / offshore)
• Witness acceptance / functional tests
• Graduate engineering degree with a focus on naval, civil or mechanical engineering
• Knowledge of applicable local and international codes and standards in this field
• First years of professional experience in a similar activity
• Good team working and communication skills, ability to work independently
• Proactive customer focus including ability to present and sell our services to the client
• Fluent German (at least C2 level) and good command of English language
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.