Do you want to become a part of our world leading team of Maritime technical consultants?
DNV GL is a world leading company within and is the world leading Maritime classification society with headquarters in Norway and offices in 100 countries around the world.
Since the DNV GL was established in 1864 our objective has been to safeguard life, property and the environment. We live in a world that is becoming ever more complex, where new solutions and challenges influence the way we develop, operate and control ships and offshore units and adopt to a digital renewable energy future. As industry segments are becoming more and more integrated, we in DNV GL utilize our multi discipline competence across maritime, offshore and renewable energy to help our clients solve operational and strategic challenges. We in DNV GL emphasize the need to see the total perspective including technology, people and organisation. Our purpose of Safeguarding Life Property and the Environment is as important to us today as it was more than 150 years ago.
Our Maritime clients need our help now more than ever, we are therefore looking for new highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic colleagues for our Maritime Advisory Ship Lifecycle Management consulting unit in Oslo.
In Ship Lifecycle Management we are working closely with maritime clients on a day-to-day basis. We are combining our world leading technical expertise, detailed industry knowledge and understanding of the balance between business and regulatory issues to provide our customers with the foundation to make risk-based decisions on operational issues in all phases of the ship lifecycle, from early newbuilding stage, during operation, life extension and cost-efficient sustainable recycling at the end of the vessel life cycle.
We always work as a team and collaborate closely with our colleagues in other parts of the world sharing ideas and local knowledge to ensure we provide cost efficient and timely support to our clients.
As a consultant in Ship Lifecycle Management Advisory you will be challenged in all aspects of project management from proposals, project planning, project execution and client follow up. Our client projects vary greatly, we take pride in understanding and dealing with emerging challenges in the maritime industry. You will contribute to idea generation, innovation and service development. We emphasize the importance of close interaction with our clients. We believe that detailed problem understanding ensures good solutions for our clients. Through our global network you will be part of exciting projects together with clients all over the world.
You will help our clients to find their way as the industry moves towards digitalization and decarbonisation of shipping. Following our mission of safeguarding life property and the environment you will be helping our maritime clients sustain a healthy business while navigating the complex regulatory landscape, timely and cost efficiently implementing new technology, utilizing the value of digital technology, ensure better utilization of their assets and safe operations. This will require risk management, project management, change management, safety management, maintenance optimization, technology qualification, reliability management, efficient logistics, smart sensoring, connectivity, remote witnessing, service automation and technical due diligence. You will likely be involved in all of these aspects.
Accounts Receivables (AR) follow up within Middle East & Africa, actively chasing an assigned portfolio of accounts, to ensure payment to terms and maximize collections in order to achieve monthly and quarterly targets.
AR Follow ups including calling clients, sending reminder emails to the clients, registering AR Disputes, cooperation with cash allocator for ontime regiseration of the payment received and liasing with Legal for sending demand letters/legal notices in case client refuses to pay.
Purpose of the role:
To actively chase an assigned portfolio of accounts, to ensure payment to terms and maximize collections in order to achieve monthly and quarterly targets
- Overseeing the collection efforts made at Local level, including dunning procedures & follow-up
- Build, strengthen and improve customer relationships
- Creating and executing collection plans in co-operation with Businesses
- Focus on maintaining and developing excellent relationships with customers and resolving any queries accordingly in an efficient and effective manner
- Update Regional Management weekly on Vital Few customers within assigned portfolio
- Leverage (stop working) in liaison with BA management
- Write-offs in co-operation with BA
- Turning accounts over to an outside Collections Agency or local solicitor after x days of collection efforts and amount greater than x days
Are you the consultant who is looking for a new challenge? Do you want to support DNV GL’s customers to improve their asset management performance within the Energy sector? Then we have the job for you.
As a Senior Consultant for Network Asset Management in DNV GL’s Energy Advisory Group in Singapore and Asia Pacific, you will act as the trusted senior advisor to our customers and support them with solutions in optimizing their asset reliability and performance linking to their business drivers.
The role will involve working along with other specialists within the organization to provide technical consulting services in the Power, Energy and Renewable sectors. The role also has business development responsibilities. This includes working within the team to establish long-term customer relationships, keeping abreast of industry needs and trends, as well as participation in industry events to ensure that DNV GL's service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the power and energy industry.
You, as Senior Consultant, will work within a team of professionals where you will be responsible for the acquisition, management and execution of projects. You will analyse and give advice to customers on how to manage their assets in the most optimal and reliable way. Understanding the market, operating in, technical know-how, and delivering high quality contents are key characteristics of an Asset Management Consultant within our team. You, as an asset management specialist shall have knowledge of international standards in the field of Asset Management. You shall have in-depth knowledge of business processes related to asset management specifically to electrical utilities and industries.
You will also:
- Lead and deliver projects related to Power System Asset Management and Asset Management processes for utilities or industries.
- Lead and deliver projects related to Business Process Improvements, Asset Management Decision Support, Maintenance Optimisation and Asset Lifecycle Management
- Have technical knowledge in the field of Power System Asset Diagnostics
- Participate to perform field tasks of Substation Diagnostics, Condition Assessment, analyse and interpret measurement- and diagnostic results obtained from field work for remaining life time determination and related recommendations
- Perform Power Failure Investigations
- Support with business development as a technical consultant
Do you have passion for managing enterprise wide Infrastructure solutions and love to work with multiple technologies? Do you keep a close eye on trends and opportunities combined with daily operation and support? Do you value quality in your delivery? Come and join our Cloud Infrastructure team.
DNV GL is going through a digital transformation and new digital services and solutions are in the making. The multi-cloud strategy we have, using a combination of our Private Cloud, Microsoft Clouds, and Oracle Clouds, serve as basis for our managed IT platform named VerIT Enterprise. We are running a highly standardized global IT infrastructure platform. GSS IT is the internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. We are seeking to add Infrastructure Cloud Specialists to be part of our global IT organization, working from our North America headquarters in Houston (Katy), Texas.
Tasks May Include
- Manage, operate and support DNV GL’s “VerIT” IT infrastructure platform as part of our virtual team setup
- Deliver advisory services to the business areas within the infrastructure domain, globally or within the region
- Drive automation in all areas of the services provided
- Perform knowledge transfer and interact with other parts of the IT organization
- Address escalated technical support incidents
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Certification group is seeking a Project Manager with an engineering background, to join our Renewables Certification (RC) team in Boston (Medford), MA. We seek a highly-motivated candidate with the ambition and capability to contribute and support the initiation and execution of new and ongoing CVA (Certified Verification Agency) contracts.
RC will grow its business in the US offshore wind market and therefore seeks a person to represent RC services in the rapidly growing CVA offshore wind market. Since CVA work is a highly-specialized competence area, most of the design review work will be delivered out of RC in Europe in the short to mid-term. Work tasks related to manufacturing and surveillance will depend on actual production location for the projects but is expected to become predominantly US-based.
Renewables Certification belongs to Business Area Energy providing advisory, and certification services within wind, solar, energy management and transmission & distribution systems with 2500 people globally.
Renewables Certification (RC) has the global responsibility for Type Certification (TC), Component Certification (CC) and Project Certification (PC) within DNV GL Energy. Project Certification resulting in formal conformity statements or project certificates, has a similar work scope executed as a Certified Verification Agency required by BOEM in US.
Currently RC consists of 200 experts with locations in Boston, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Dresden, London, Shanghai, Beijing, Bangalore and Taipei. DNV GL is a market leader in Renewables Certification and work with the leading OEM’s in the TC wind market in addition to being involved in more than 80% of PC for offshore wind parks in the world.
Tasks may Include
- Overall responsibility of the position is to help grow the RC business in the US offshore wind market in accordance with the RCs strategic objectives. Extended collaboration and coordination is anticipated with relevant US-based Energy advisory colleagues within the offshore wind area, the Offshore Wind Segment Leader, the Global Manager for Sales & BD in RC, relevant Energy Key Account Managers, Oil & Gas and Maritime colleagues in the US as well as line managers within RC
- Perform as Project Manager for (one or more) US CVA projects supported by design review leads/managers in Hamburg/Copenhagen
- Provide coordination of work tasks and deliveries from other DNV GL units in US and abroad
- Prepare CVA nomination package including coordinating responses to BOEM with RC Europe on behalf of customers
- Delivering technical review in one or more of the CVA work tasks related to the certification of Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) & Support Structure, Electrical Service Platform (ESP) and/or offshore power cables
DNV GL – Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join their Program Development and Implementation team, currently helping commercial and industrial DTE customers save energy and money. This position is based out of our Detroit, MI office.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Educate applicants, trade allies, and contractors about the program
- Provide flexible support to other team members on an as-needed basis
- Submitting requests for payment for those applications that pass inspection and meet all program requirements
- Perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency projects and programs involving: lighting, industrial process equipment, pumps, fans, compressed air systems, complex central plant systems, and advanced HVAC equipment
DNV GL Energy Northwest Europe, Middle East & Africa is looking for a Finance Manager - Business Partner who will be responsible for the following areas:
- Focus on value creation, acting as business advisor and integrator to drive financial performance improvement
- Business Partner from Bidding stage until Project completion - to ensure proposals and project portoflio are commercially viable and will contribute to business targets.
- Managing and acting on Accounts Receivable and Work-in-Progress to improve cash flow and minimise write offs / risks.
- Line management of revenue/project controllers to ensure objectives are achieved, training and coaching of staff.
- Ownership of P&L and key financial processes (reporting, budgeting, forecasting, etc) with robust, accurate data on time & compliant with Corporate Practices & IFRS.
DNV GL - Business Assurance is seeking an experienced Social Auditor - Lead Assessor who is responsible for achieving growth in sales through new business development, delivery of services, managing projects and playing an important role in development of others through training and technical reviews. You will get the opportunity to develop our work on a wide range of sustainability service including but not limited to, labor issues, human rights, safety, health & environment. This position is part of the Supply Chain and Assurance Service Team (North America) and may be based in any home (remote) office in the continental United States.
Tasks May Include
- Achieve growth targets in sales through new business development
- Delivery of assessments on own or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and challenging situations under pressure
- Ability to work professionally with top brands and communicate brand owners requirements internally
- Deliver target utilization across areas of Supply chain and Assurance services
- Conduct social compliance audits based on international recognized schemes and initiatives (SA8000, RBA-Responsible Business Alliance, Wrap, BSCI-Amfori etc. ..) or based on company’s social compliance internal programs. Additional competence as auditor in environmental / Health and safety management scheme is preferred.
- Execution of training and technical review to develop other assessors
At the heart of DNV GL Group's Business Assurance organization, you will be responsible for meeting the objectives, visions and values of DNVGL and adhering to the DNVGL policy, principles, procedures, local standards and laws, and the needs and expectations of clients. While working in this position you will report to the Planning Coordinator.
Your activities will include:
- Plan audits and evaluations according to the objectives and rules of DNVGL Business Assurance,
- Assign the audit activities in accordance with the deadlines imposed by the different accreditations for each activity
- Guaranty of the quality of the information flow between DNVGL (support services) and the various persons (auditors, clients)
Customer relationship management:
- Understand the needs of customers in terms of planning
- Update the computer database with useful documents and any changes related to clients
The role will involve working within the Solar Department to provide technical advisory services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of solar projects. The services will include technical advisory work including owner's engineer and independent engineer assignments for a range of customers spanning developers, financial institutions and government entities.
The work will involve the management of complex commercial and technical projects, resourced from multiple internal business units, alongside the management of customer interfaces. These projects are expected to be mostly in solar PV but may also involve coordination of hybrid projects including wind, battery storage, CSP or other renewable projects. In addition, the candidate will be required to provide commercial and technical leadership for a team of up to 11 engineers, ranging from junior to senior levels.
Work with the renewable energy team to promote and deliver DNV GL’s Technical Advisory Services and work with solar experts worldwide to develop the MENA market. Deliver contracts in accordance with agreed budgets, profitability and time frames and to the satisfaction of the Customer.
Lead provision of technical advice to Customers including:
- Feasibility studies, preliminary and final energy production assessments, technology review
- Specification assistance for all aspects of solar project design, procurement and construction
- Assist Customers with procurement including contract negotiation and tendering
- Technical due diligence of pre-construction and operational projects, identifying project risks and suggesting risk mitigation strategies
- Support with Commissioning and testing
- Other ad-hoc advice and general project advice
- Due diligence activity to include: data analysis, documentation review and risk analysis.
The work also involves:
- Liaising with a wide range of clients from solar project developers to financial institutions
- Wins new external work by identifying opportunities, defining solutios for customers and bidding for contracts
- Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines.
- Producing written reports and other documentation for delivery to the Customer
- Supporting the continuous improvement and development of group procedures and documentation
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
- Develop the solar work in MENA by generating and developing new opportunities develop proposals leading to contracts.
GreenPowerMonitor is an international company that offers products and services in the renewable energy sector, with a specific focus in the photovoltaic space. With more than 10 years’ experience, GreenPowerMonitor has consolidated its position as the independent leader in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy installations with more than 26GW globally managed and more than 4.000 facilities across the globe.
GreenPowerMonitor has a great depth of experience with renewable energy plants ranging from 2kW to 600 MW capacity across the globe. The company offers a market-leading integrated solution set for the management and maintenance of renewable energy installations that includes Hardware, Software and Services unmatched in the industry.
GreenPowerMonitor merged forces with DNV GL to make world safer, smarter, greener.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com and www.dnvgl.com
Are you interested in being part of both the technological and green revolutions? Do you consider yourself to be as passionate and customer centric as we are? Do you look for a Start-Up mindset at the core of the strategy of a multinational corporate body? At GreenPowerMonitor you might be lucky enough to find them all! In addition to the above, we have fun providing state-of-the-art monitoring solutions for the renewables industry: come join us!
The position is a part of Software Development Unit.
The main areas of this unit include:
- Design and implement our own software products;
- Keep and scale own IT infrastructure to run our products;
- Assess and provide technical support to KAMs and Project Manager units.
GreenPowerMonitor is looking for a talented and passionate candidate with leadership skills, who will coach and lead our QA team. Members of the team will ensure quality of new releases by defining and implementing functional test plans for our software products.
- Collaborate with product owners to define the development roadmap from QA perspective;
- Automate tests and integrate them in CI/CD pipeline;
- Define test strategies at multiple levels (end to end, API, load, performance, …);
- Drive test architecture definition;
- Hire, manage and coach a guild of testers working inside Agile Teams;
- Evangelize test adoption through the organization;
- Provide product support;
- Perform live demos.
Structural Integrity and Materials Technology, Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC) - the OGTC department is part of O&G Region South East & Australia operations and holds an important and strategic position for us in the marketplace, both locally and globally. It was established in January 2015, with the ambition of becoming a leading competence centre and prime technical advisor in Asia Pacific. It is one of Business Area Oil & Gas most diverse departments in terms of services (VCA, VMC, Risk Advisory, Technical Advisory including lab services), segments (Upstream, Midstream, Downstream) and assets (Pipelines, SURF, Fixed Offshore Structures, Topside of Floaters, Petrochemical & Refineries, etc).
We are a team of 74 permanent employees and a large pool of subcontractors, organized in 4 sections located in 3 different locations (Singapore Science Park Office, Singapore Laboratory and Jakarta Office in Indonesia), serving customers from the entire Region and beyond. In OGTC, we work in synergy to solve different technical challenges and we are the innovation powerhouse for the region, with several new and on-going Joint Industry Projects being run in parallel each year.
Structural Integrity and Materials Technology (SIM) - Home of laboratory testing and materials experts
DNV GL operates more than 10 laboratories and test sites in a global network across three continents. As the only DNV GL Lab in Asia Pacific region, Singapore lab is differentiated by its multi-disciplinary capabilities covering Mechanical, Structural, Metallurgical, Material & Corrosion, Sour Service, Additive Manufacturing (AM). Broad range of lab services are provided under one-roof - from microstructure to mega structure and from laboratory testing to field services. In addition to lab testing, the unit also provide materials and integrity related advisory services such as failure investigation, engineering criticality assessment (ECA), fitness-for-service (FFS) assessment and technology qualification. Singapore lab has also been actively involved in various joint-industry projects (JIP) for development of guidelines and standards. To further strength our position as leading testing, consulting, advisory and research partner, we are seeking a motivated engineer with relevant expertise to join us.
Position: Senior Engineer (Materials and Corrosion)
The senior materials and corrosion engineer is expected to support laboratory metallurgical, corrosion and failure analysis as well as other materials and corrosion related advisory services. He/she will report to group leader to manage client/project and develop service with his/her core competence.
The Senior Engineer will hold as main responsibilities, which are not limited to :
- Interact with customer to understand and clarify the enquiry/RFQ
- Lead the bidding and develop commercial proposal
- Manage and/or execute projects of failure analysis, metallurgy testing/evaluation, corrosion testing/analysis, and materials advisory service
- Provide advisory support to other teams of lab with his/her core competence
- Involve and support cross-unit projects requiring materials and corrosion expertise
- Develop capability and grow service in the field of materials and corrosion
Malaysia is part of O&G Region South East & Australia operations and holds an important and strategic position for us in the marketplace, both locally and globally. We are a team of 22 colleagues organized in 2 sections.
We hold a diverse portfolio of customers in Malaysia and other countries in the Region, delivering services on asset integrity within the onshore and offshore oil, gas and process industries.
- Acting as a senior engineer for static equipment in asset integrity management projects
- Supervising junior engineers
- Acting as project manager
- Drive business of asset integrity services
- Take part of the digital transformation in the Region
- Secure projects to enhance DNV GL's competence and recognition in the industry
For our Global Centre HR Nordics team, we are seeking (Senior) Specialist that will combine the roles of HR Direct and HR Office. (Senior) Specialist HR Direct/ HR Office will be part of the HR Nordics Team responsible for the delivery of day-to-day quality services to employees, line managers, HR managers and stakeholders in the Regional Centre.
This is maternity cover for 1,5 year.
The Global Centre HR delivers high quality HR services that range from day-to-day support related to HR queries, personnel administration, employee lifecycle management, onboarding and offboarding.
- Contribute to the day-to-day activities of the HR Direct and Office Teams
- Provide 1st line support with highest attention to customer centricity, time and quality standards
- Communicate effectively with employees, line managers and HR managers, and respond to their HR-related queries in an efficient and professional manner
- Work collaboratively with team members across GSS HR and across other GSS streams
- Share ideas for continuous improvement of processes in HR Nordics team
- Prepare and deliver HR documents
- Register and maintain employee data in the HR system (Oracle HCM) while assuring its quality and consistency
Enterprise Risk Management is a department of 60 plus people. The department consists of four sections (Asset Performance Solutions, Asset Data Analytics, Transaction Advisory and Risk Management Consulting). Due to growth in our services, we are looking to recruit one consultant within our Asset Performance Solutions section (as part of the Performance Forecasting team).The team covers a variety of services including RAM modelling, Operational Performance, Transport Logistics, FMEA/FMECA, Data Analysis, etc. The focus will be primarily the O&G industry (upstream, midstream and downstream), but the team also covers other process industries and utility sectors.
The Performance Forecasting team uses a variety of in house RAM modelling software (in particular TARO, MAROS and OPTAGON) to help clients maximise performance of their assets throughout their life cycle.
The role will be based in London (but applicants that wish to be based in Loughborough will also be considered). There will also be a requirement to travel in the UK and occasionally overseas for the client-related work.
- Delivery of multiple projects;
- Analytical skills to draw conclusions and develop recommendations for our clients;
- Excellent verbal communications skills – ability to communicate with all levels in an organisation;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Support and contribute to the sales process for the Enterprise Risk unit including bid development;
- Flexible attitude to working in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Creative mindset with a willingness to work outside your comfort zone;
- Be open to working with clients both in and outside the UK;
- Managing internal and external communications on technical matters;
- Actively seeking to improve delivery processes through innovation.
We are looking for STAGE to join our team.
We see a growth in demand for our services and therefore we are looking for a new, enthusiastic colleague.
The goal of the internship will be to support the management of various operational activities within the department:
- Support in Planning process (75%),
- Support Team in daily duties: contact with clients, phone calls, certificate, administrative task (25%).
As a geotechnical engineer you will form part of a multi-disciplinary team engaged in design review activities related to offshore wind energy facilities. The focus of this position will be on the design phase by application of various geotechnical software tools and programming and maintaining pre- and post-processing scripts. The geotechnical knowledge should cover some of the below listed items:
- Verification of geotechnical analysis related to offshore structures for wind turbine foundations
- Performing analyses of soil-foundation-interaction using latest FE software tools
- Verification of design basis involving knowledge of relevant structural codes and standards
- Verification of pile driving analysis
- Verification of analyses of seismic impact
- Participation in standard development
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
We are looking for a Senior Subsea Engineer with good experience/knowledge of:
- Subsea technical analysis and assessment of products such as subsea trees, wellheads, tubing hanger systems, subsea control systems, subsea connectors, flowlines, manifolds, riser bases, PLEMs, PLETs, SSIVs etc;
- Offshore pipeline technical analysis and assessment such as subsea/submarine pipeline systems, third party threats due to trawling, anchoring etc, free spans, VIVs, expansion and global buckling, tie-in methods etc.
Previous and specific engineering experience with subsea production systems, pipelines, riser analysis would be highly desirable.
You will work within an interdisciplinary team of Engineers with various levels of experience within the UK Verification Department, based in London. It is critically important for the role to be able to interpret data from various sources and develop the most effective and appropriate approach required for the task in hand. A strong ability to break down a problem into its component parts, whilst undertaking appropriate self-checking of the deliverable is required.
You will be client facing on a regular basis and will be expected to actively manage your own projects. Attendance at meetings and preparation and delivery of presentations may be required. An enthusiastic and cooperative approach to working with other members of the team is vital.
- Perform design verification of functional specification, design drawings, analyses, material specifications, validation testing etc for SPS and SURF;
- Perform verification of wall thickness, on-bottom stability analyses, free-span analyses, pipeline expansion and rigid riser stress analyses, installation analyses, global buckling analyses, cathodic protection and evaluations for pipelines and their components;
- Perform verification of material specifications, data sheets, fabrication specifications, installation specifications, pipeline design and installation analyses, material takeoffs, pipeline reports and installation manuals for pipelines and their components;
- Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings and occasional offshore site surveys may form part of the role;
- Prepare estimates or CTRs for bids/proposals requests related to subsea projects, including handling of technical query reviews, clarification on work scopes to maintain compliance with specifications, standards, and operational requirements, and any other project-specific requirements;
- Review project schedule / fabrication schedule in relation to construction sequence, milestones, and engineering scope. Also, recognise changes to work scopes, raising variation orders including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates to meet project requirements;
- Regular face to face communication with customers, client meetings, chairing internal & external meetings, interface with other departments and building of customer relations.
Completion and delivery of high-quality technical reports;
- Management of own contracts and projects in line with DNV GL Management Systems.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment. We enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smatter and greener.
Our Oil & Gas Services department, located in Katy, Texas, is a market leader in delivering cutting edge services across the value chain, including upstream, midstream LNG and downstream in North America. Driven by our passion to make the industry safer, more reliable and execute more efficiently we provide second and third-party service to operations, engineering firms and service companies. We establish best practice in process safety and reliability through our consulting services. Our assurance services help customers obtain and maintain their license to operate.
DNV GL is seeking a Technical Assistant (Document Controller) to join the Oil & Gas Services department. This position is located in our office in Katy, TX. (Houston, TX area).
Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Handle client inquiries via phone or email for reports
- Process/prepare project documentation, file in database and update spreadsheet for invoicing
- Maintain verification log
- Initiation of Engineering projects working with Affinitas, NPS, and Team Center
- Cross train in the standard work processes of the group to support the scheduling of resources
We are currently looking for structural engineers and technical project managers to work within our world leading project certification team based in London.
We deliver project certification and verification services for offshore wind, wave and tidal projects. Activities cover all steps in the certification process from review of early designs to design verification, certification, fabrication surveillance, commissioning and periodic inspection of installations in operation including project management.
- Review and comment on project documentation
- Design evaluation including parallel analysis
- Attend client meetings
- Task and project management
What We Offer
- Small and relaxed immediate team
- Extensive technical training and project exposure
- Wide support network with world leading technical expertise – we have worked on 80% of all offshore wind farms installed to date
- Travel to other offices to work and learn from colleagues – primarily Hamburg & Copenhagen but possibilities exist further afield for the right candidate
- Opportunity to work in a key role on a wide range of offshore projects with industry leading experts
- Opportunity to help shape future design standards to support the industry