The DNV GL GTR (Group Technology and Research) Renewables Group carries out longer-term research within Wind and Solar Energy and is located in Bristol, Barcelona, Hövik and Copenhagen. The GTR group is the Renewables part of the Power and Renewables GTR team, with team members located in Arnhem.
Within the solar PV domain we are currently working on predictive maintenance, anomaly detection, satellite data, individual health monitoring of PV plants and floating solar.
We are looking for a machine learning expert, who will join our team as a Researcher to work in the Solar group located within and in close cooperation with GreenPowerMonitor. Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com
This is a full-time position located in Barcelona. Due to the multinational character of our team, we communicate with each other in English.
To apply for this role you will need to submit an application including an explanation (within a covering letter) of your interest in and qualifications for the job.
Do you want to become a part of our world leading team of Maritime technical consultants?
DNV GL is a world leading Maritime classification society with headquarters in Norway and offices in more than 100 countries around the world.
Since its establishment in 1864, DNV GL’s objective has been to safeguard life, property and the environment. We live in a world that is becoming ever more complex, where new solutions and challenges influence the way we develop, operate and control ships and offshore units, and adapt to a digital renewable energy future. We in DNV GL utilize our multi-disciplinary competence across maritime, offshore and renewable energy, to help our clients solve operational and strategic challenges. To answer the needs of industry segments that are becoming increasingly integrated, we take a holistic perspective, emphasizing the relationship between technology, an organisation and its people. In DNV GL, we strive every day to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
As our maritime clients are asking for our help now more than ever before, we are looking for new highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic colleagues who would like to join our Maritime Advisory Safety, Risk and Reliability consulting unit in Oslo.
In the Safety, Risk and Reliability unit, we work closely with maritime clients to provide them with the foundation to make risk-based decisions on operational and technical issues. Our customers come to us for a unique combination of world-leading technical expertise, detailed industry knowledge and understanding of the balance between business and regulatory issues. We work to ensure that safety is at the core of all developments in the maritime industry.
We always work as a team and collaborate closely with our colleagues in other parts of the world to share ideas and local knowledge. This helps to ensure that we provide cost efficient and timely support to our clients.
As a consultant in Safety, Risk and Reliability, you will be challenged in all aspects of project management from proposals, project planning, project execution and client follow up. Our client projects vary greatly, and we take pride in understanding and dealing with emerging challenges in the maritime industry. You will contribute to idea generation, innovation and service development. We emphasize the importance of close interaction with our clients. We believe that a detailed understanding of the problem ensures good solutions for our clients. Our global network will allow you to take part in exciting projects together with clients all over the world.
You will help our clients to find their way as the industry moves towards digitalization, autonomy and decarbonisation of shipping. Following our mission of safeguarding life, property and the environment, you will be helping our maritime clients to sustain a healthy business while navigating the complex regulatory landscape, timely and cost efficiently implementing new technology, utilizing the value of digital technology, ensure better utilization of their assets and safe operations. These responsibilities will require the successful candidates to have working experience with in at least one area related to risk management, project management, safety management, technology qualification, reliability management, efficient logistics, smart sensors, connectivity and/or cyber security. You will likely be involved in all of these aspects.
We’re looking for a Structural Engineer / Project Manager who helps our customers world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their AC and DC overhead lines.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology team at our DNV GL Energy headquarters in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
The diverse team includes 50 professionals (a mix PhD, MSc and BSc level) with different backgrounds and various cultures. Together we deliver specialized and innovative project consultancy services to our customers world-wide. Who are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries. We are responsible for preparing design and specifications for structures related to high voltage electricity transmission & distribution, such as overhead line towers, supports and gantries. We also check and review designs prepared by others. During implementation phases of projects, we regularly take on the role of owner's engineer, where we are responsible for quality control of the services and equipment delivered by others.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will perform mechanical and civil engineering tasks and give advice to our customers related to AC and DC overhead lines. Next to that, you will:
- Act as a technical expert for structures related to high voltage electricity transmission & distribution
- Execute projects as project leader
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high-quality reports and commercial offers
- Identify market opportunities and develop our existing services and establish new services for both the team and our company
We are looking for a proactive engineer who is eager to learn and has the ambition to become our expert in the fields of 3D, BIM and Systems Engineering (SE). In order to help our customers, located worldwide, secure and improve the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their Transmission & Distribution network. Our customer network includes, for example, Tennet, RWE, Vatenfall, CLP (Hong Kong) and Sec (Saudia Arabia).
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology (TDT) team in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
The TDT team includes over 50 professionals and is continuously growing. The team is a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc levels with different backgrounds and various cultures. Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
We are responsible, among other things, for drawing up designs and specifications for systems and constructions for high-voltage transmission and distribution, such as switching stations (substations), HVDC installations (interconnectors), high-voltage connections (towers or cables). During the implementation phase of projects, we regularly assume the role of “owner's engineer”, where we are responsible on behalf of the client for the quality control of the services and equipment provided by others.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Carrying out engineering, design tasks and advice for high-voltage structures and / or substations for electrical transmission and distribution.
- Advice and operational work for the 3D, BIM and System Engineering (SE) design and practical aspects
- Preparing specifications and tender documents
- Writign (or contributing to) clear high-quality reports and commercial offers
- Drafting and implementing process models for 3D, BIM and SE
- Enthuse TDT consultants & engineers for 3B, BIM and SE working methodology
Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consulting firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Then you may find the Project Manager in our Energy Storage Advisory Team position to be a great fit for you!
The energy storage markets are growing faster than anyone has predicted; at DNV GL we are committed to supporting this growth with the best data, advice, and expertise on the planet!
The DNV GL Energy Storage Advisory group is seeking a Project Manager to join our Energy Storage Engineering (ESE) team. DNV GL is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and DNV GL’s ESE team holds a substantial market position for independent engineering services to support financing and construction of stand-alone, solar + storage, and hybrid storage projects in North America and our staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for energy storage and solar + storage project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision making process. The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review process to support the finance and construction of stand-alone storage and solar + storage projects in North America; communicating and resolving technical issues with clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections plants.
This position is based out of our Toronto, ON office. Remote locations in Canada may also be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, battery safety, etc.).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing site visits.
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the ESE team, including leading tool development, process refinement, and lessons learned activities.
GSS (Global Shared Services) HR is seeking for a Payroll & Benefits Analyst for our unit in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro). The Analyst will be responsible for delivery of day-to-day quality service within Payroll according to legal and company requirements. In addition, you will be part of projects establishing and improving our services with an end to end perspective. This position will report to the Head of Section HR Payroll.
Payroll is responsible for the operational payroll end-to-end process and management of the process linked to time management. Payroll is a key function making sure DNV GL is compliant according to local regulations.
• To participate in monthly salary processing, guarantying the correct procedures related to vacations, terminations, 13º, transfers, new hires and all related payroll activities
• To guarantee all the necessary conferences and comply with the labor legislation, including autonomous
• To manage all activities related to benefits
• To guarantee the correct tax collection of labor charges (INSS, FGTS, IRRF, DIRF, RAIS etc.)
• To schedule and generate vacation receipts
• To manage employees’ cases related to payroll and benefits
• To clarify employees' doubts, supporting and providing the proper guidance
• To keep updated with regards to labor legislation and social security matters
• To attend labor inspection and internal/external audits
• To provide update work process procedures within payroll and time management
• To support the accountant and financial areas with regards to company benefits control and employee deduction
• To support activities related to time and absence management
• To support internal communication
• Documentation for contracts: to manage, prepare and organize documentation requirements related to contract in a monthly basis to business areas
• E-Social / DCTFWEB: declarations and submission
• Continue the good cooperation with HR and finance units internally as well as with external providers
• Ensure compliance with audits and legislation
• Other business-related activities
GreenPowerMonitor offers products and services in the renewable energy sector, with a specific focus in the photovoltaic space. With more than 10 years’ experience, company has consolidated its position as the independent leader in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy installations with more than 40GW globally managed and more than 3,000 solar facilities worldwide.
GreenPowerMonitor has a great depth of experience with renewable energy plants across the globe and delivers a market-leading integrated solution set for the management and maintenance of green energy installations that includes Hardware, Software and Services unmatched in the industry.
GreenPowerMonitor merged forces with DNV GL to make world safer, smarter, greener.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com and www.dnvgl.com.
The position is a part of Grid Integration Team.
The main areas of this unit include:
- Being part of the Power Plant controller development team
- Creation of algorithms to control and interact with several plant devices, like turbines, Inverters, FACTS or BESS
- Direct Contact with customers
- Providing support to customers and other GPM Project Execution members.
- Generation of Technical Reports and Grid Code Compliance Studies
- Developing and enhance the capabilities of the actual tools in place to automate PPC commissionnings.
If you want to be involved in big data projects, learn from and work with a skilled team. If you want to call Barcelona “home”, but work with wind and PV farms across the world. Want to apply your skills as developer by running complex projects and are excited to work for a company whose technical expertise spans the energy industry. You can find it with us.
If you are a trained engineer or scientist with a keen eye for detail and a sense of urgency to effectively communicate what you see and what options you propose to move forward. You never compromise on safety, quality or integrity. You thrive in a dynamic environment being flexible and adaptable to deliver timely results to our clients, building their trust and confidence to ensure continued relationships. Join our team!
DNV GL - Energy is seeking for a Team Lead to join our rapidly growing Energy’s Civil Engineering team. Our team is comprised of highly skilled geotechnical, structural and civil engineers charged with ensuring the foundations of the wind and solar industry are consistent with current standards and prepared to operate well into the future of the renewable energy industry. We mitigate risk and are the keystone to helping some of the largest, most technically complex renewable energy projects develop successfully. Our team is engaged, dedicated, focused, and is driving the industry in the application of advanced structural engineering to the wind, solar, and energy storage industry.
We are seeking a Technical Manager for the Civil Engineering team. This person will be an engaging, Customer-facing, motivated leader with demonstrated management experience to lead a world class Civil Engineering team.
At DNV GL, we here for more than just the engineering. What makes us different?
- Foundation values and funding, in the private sector. With no shareholders to pay out annually, our profits are recycled into employee profit sharing and innovation. 5% of our revenue every year are invested in research and development, that are accessible to our staff to fund their cutting-edge ideas
- Technical rigor and independence. Our customers and the industry at large rely on DNV GL’s impartial insights to navigate current and future technology. At DNV GL, our quality is never compromised by profits or commercial pressures.
- Flexibility and autonomy. Our team consistently identifies technical autonomy and personal work hour flexibility as key drivers that keep our retention rates and employee satisfaction high. As our team grows, so do the opportunities to support each other’s work and family life.
- Progressive values. Our leadership proactively drives our family- and community-centric culture. Among other annual benefits, every employee is encouraged to utilize a paid volunteer day every year, improving and supporting our communities.
In addition to a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, matching 401(k) and over a month of paid time off annually, how our team collectively influences the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position could be based in any of the following offices: Oakland, CA; San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Houston TX; Medford, MA.
Tasks May Include
- Responsibility for growth and profitability of the Civil Engineering Team;
- Develop vision and goals for the civil engineering team, in alignment with broader company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Develop and incubate nascent service offerings with the civil engineering team members originating directly from the Civil Engineering team (e.g. offshore wind feasibility, concept design, technical advisory and design review; earthquake engineering and seismic risk analysis; repowering services)
- Developing project management skills among the Civil Engineering team members, on complex, multi-service civil engineering projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV GL’s comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility through to decommissioning
- Acting as key account manager and supporting business development for customers within DNV GL’s Civil Engineering team
- Connecting with customers, investors, and designers on a variety of business development, industry alignment, and in the context of project development and financing
- Provide mentoring and coaching to 10-15 individual team members, including regular performance reviews.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking an Energy Advisor to join our Program Development and Implementation (PDI) team. PDI helps commercial and industrial utility customers save energy and money. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and will be responsible applying program resources to identify and initiate energy efficiency projects in an electric and natural gas utility’s service territory. This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan office.
Tasks May Include
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the company’s Sales Process, including but not limited to:
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment—i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required
- Build quick rapport with customers and contractors; quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager
- Assist Program Manager in the training of new team members
- Lead presentations promoting energy efficiency programs for targeted groups
DNV GL is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our London’s Jack-Up, Geotechnical and Metocean team.
The team of 18 engineers is at the forefront of implementing the green energy transition around the world today and has a focus on the installation and operation of jack-up vessels, providing sophisticated solutions and engineering assessments to support offshore renewable energy installation projects around the globe, as well as ensuring safe operations for our oil and gas customers.
One of the unique aspects of these jack-up vessels is that the foundations are designed to penetrate down into the seabed during installation, and a key aspect of our work is to accurately predict the penetration depth and any risks that could occur as the foundations penetrate into the soil. There are relatively few areas of geotechnical engineering where you deliberately load the soil to failure and receive feedback on your predictions and it’s satisfying when you see reality match your predictions! Another aspect is that the seabed and jack-up cannot typically be modified, so the accuracy and refinements in the geotechnical analyses we perform are critical to the outcome of the engineering assessment; your input will consequently be valued by the team and our clients.
The seabed can present a variety of risks and issues; your role will be to understand these and analyse them following the relevant international standards and/or latest research. This involves reviewing and interpreting geotechnical data to produce a ground model and design soil profiles of the seabed and identify any risks related to the seabed. You would then perform foundation analyses to determine the appropriate foundation capacities and stiffnesses that would be used in the assessments of the structure that we perform. You will also be engaged with performing other types of calculations for issues such foundation interactions with uneven seabeds, cyclic soil behaviour, liquefaction, scour, or the forces required to extract the legs from the seabed. For these calculations we often also use 2D and 3D finite element analyses.
You will be trusted and supported to lead projects and liaise with our internal and external clients directly so that you can develop further as a well-rounded engineer and also gain an appreciation for our clients’ key concerns and needs. As a senior engineer you would soon be expected to review the work of others in the team, actively develop solutions to issues and lead initiatives related to internal technical developments. An ability for critical thinking and attention to detail, both to scrutinise the supplied site information, ensuring that all risks have been addressed, and to produce smart solutions, will be most valuable in your work.
As the quality of our work is paramount, you will be actively supported by the seven geotechnical engineers in our team who are experts in the various aspects of jack-up foundation behaviour. We also collaborate closely with our geotechnical colleagues within the wider DNV GL organisation.
Your main duties will be:
- Review and interpretation of seabed and site investigation data.
- Successful delivery of geotechnical analyses of offshore foundations in accordance with international codes and standards.
- Completion and delivery of high-quality technical reports detailing assessment approach and key findings and outcomes.
- Identification of geotechnical hazards and risks, and proposal of means of mitigation/ potential solutions.
- Develop innovative solutions to geotechnical issues.
- Enhance and develop existing ways of working.
- Support preparation of technical proposals.
- Ongoing technical development to support and enhance the cutting-edge in-house analysis capability of the Jack-Up, Geotechnical and Metocean team.
- Regular client interaction for current and new projects.
- Management of own projects in line with the DNV GL Management System and ensuring delivery on-time and within budget.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a Midstream Program Lead to join our Program Development and Implementation (PDI) team. PDI helps commercial and industrial utility customers save energy and money. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and will be responsible for leading a team of admin and outreach individuals, setting team goals, and leading process improvement efforts for the department. This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan office.
Tasks may Include:
- Responsibility for growth and profitability of the Midstream Team
- Develop vision and goals for the team, in alignment with Section- and Department-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Monitor project billing and resource utilization
- Provide mentoring and coaching to individual team members, including regular performance reviews, in collaboration with the Program Manager and Head of Section
- Gather intelligence and obtain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the client's business issues and challenges
- Monitor the quick, accurate and timely data entry of project work and supporting documentation of the admin staff
- Monitor application data entry, database management, database update and maintenance
- Implement outreach strategy to generate leads and support market participants; guide outreach staff activity and reporting.
- Assist managers with effective facilitation of team and client meetings, including preparing agendas, taking minutes, tracking action items, and proactively following up on action items
- Monitor the fielding and logging of telephone calls from customers and contractors
- Monitor General office duties, including greeting visitors, receiving packages, managing mail, office supplies and logistics
- Preparing and mailing correspondence
DNV GL – Business Assurance is seeking a Physical Environment (PE) Surveyor to join our Healthcare team. This position may be based remotely, from any home office.
The primary function of the Physical Environment (PE) Surveyor is to participate as a member of the NIAHO® hospital survey team ensuring provider compliance with the guidelines, principles and written instructions established by DNV GL. The PE surveyor partners with hospital staff in assessing compliance with the Life Safety Code and other non-patient care related functions. As a new surveyor, you will be trained and then partnered with an experienced surveyor as an observer and then a participant. Once you have proven your ability to conduct surveys to DNV GL’s standards you will become a fully qualified clinical surveyor and team member.
Tasks May Include:
- Conduct survey activities focused on non-patient care units and activities
- Ensure that survey work is performed in accordance with the quality requirements of the activity, and the procedures governing the activity.
- Plan and execute surveys, reports the results of the surveys and follow-up, as required, within agreed timescales and economic budgets
- Where applicable, supervise the work and provide guidance and/or training to other survey team members
- Ensure that the independent nature of the survey is not compromised at any time.
We are seeking Tax Analyst to join the Finance Governance & Projects Team
You will be part of a dynamic international team, DNV GL Global Shared Services (“GSS") and provide tax support primarily on transfer pricing for our foreign legal entities as well as support on other tax related areas as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and advising GSS Regional Tax Managers on Transfer Pricing (“TP”) documentation requirements;
- Coordinating and planning the production of TP documentation for DNV GL Group entities across the world;
- Assisting with analyzing data in order to produce TP documentation;
- Commissioning and reviewing benchmarking analyses when required;
- Assisting with drafting TP documentation for certain countries, as well as reviewing transfer pricing reports/sections prepared by external services providers or in house;
- Working with Group Tax and Group Accounting to ensure all intercompany policies and transactions are captured in the TP documentation;
- Working with Chief Accountants to review transfer pricing disclosures made by DNV GL Group companies to ensure consistency with TP documentation, and assist to define a policy to review them every year in the future.
- Developing a sound understanding of DNV GL’s existing TP policies and their application to DNV GLs business
- Partnering with various stakeholders across the business, Group Tax and Group Accounting and external advisors in managing global transfer pricing matters
- Participating in tax process improvement projects in the TP area
- Assist in central coordination towards our regions, eg. Bridging 3rd party tax compliance advisor with our regions, including monitoring of tax compliance tool, keeping track of tax audit status and other coordination activities
- Other tasks related to tax processes in the DNV GL group, as required
We are seeking a Regional Labour Law Advisor / Expert to the Nordic region.
In this role you will be a part of a dedicated and professional team of 11 HR Advisors and 2 Labour Law Advisors who are driven by competence and motivation to support 3,300 employees in the Business Areas within the Nordic region. The team delivers proactive, customer centric and efficient advisory services to our customers, enabling them to achieve their business goals.
In your role you will:
- Give advice on labour law and union issues to management and HR in the Nordic countries at all levels of the organization
- Ensure labour law and HR compliance in the Nordic countries
- Advise, organize, and conduct consultations with unions, contributing both to regularly scheduled and ad-hoc meetings
- Manage and support negotiations (salary adjustment processes and revision of tariff agreements)
- Build and maintain good relations with employee representatives
- Contribute with labour law advice in Nordic and global projects
The Real Estate Analyst should ensure a well-balanced working environment for the employees in the countries within his/her responsibility.
The candidate is an individual contributor supporting corporate real estate activities in countries/cities and provides expert advice/support.
Based in Singapore, the region presently has 17 offices in 9 countries: Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, New Zealand and Brunei.
This role is part of the regional team and will report directly to the Regional Manager, Real Estate & Procurement, based in Singapore.
- Conduct market research, analysis, and benchmarking of new/existing leases vs external market
- Monitor market trends to support formulation of short to long term strategies
- Involved in lease acquisitions and disposals process
- Support review of lease documentation
- Lease documentation administration using outsourced database
- Liaison with landlords on leasing related matters
- Financial controlling, budgeting and spend analysis for real estate
- Support preparation of approval templates, financial analysis, and business cases
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and/or internal processes and requirements
- Support portfolio optimisation and transformation initiatives where applicable
- Active support and collaboration with local and regional stakeholders
The Regional Sales Manager will contribute to the unit’s goals for order intake, revenues, profitability, and market penetration in Greater China & APAC by the following activities:
- Promote and sell the company’s existing software and services products by identifying and managing opportunities in targeted industries and geographies.
- Successfully and professionally manage the entire sales process in accordance with company systems and policies and manage RFx processes and other tender processes
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Consistently building and delivering an accurate opportunity pipeline.
- Assisting with executing short and long-range sales and marketing plans.
- Work closely with other Business Areas in DNV GL to extend the DNV GL portfolio of applications and services
- Support and promote established relationships with industry and solution partners to maximize sales and sustain a leading position in the market
- Meet or exceed the revenue target for our products and identify short-term as well as long-term business opportunities
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Use the corporate CRM tool (SalesForce) to manage and record all stages of the sales cycle
- Develop and grow relationships within the global sales team and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
Are you passionate about renewable energy? Where others see problems, do you see challenges you want to solve? Are you an outstanding communicator and influencer? If so, maybe you will be the one who will join this extraordinary journey and help us making the world safer, smarter and greener?
Before you scroll this page down, please note that the advertisement you are currently reading refers to the vacancy in the USA. Should you be interested in applying for this role in Europe, please click this link: https://careers-dnvgl.icims.com/jobs/14725/head-of-windgemini/job
DNV GL Energy is in the middle of an exciting digital transformation! We are creating a brand-new position - the Head of WindGEMINI who will focus on the future growth of the WindGEMINI product (check out the video below) and drive the expansion of this wind farm digital twin service.
This is not a typical role within the company. We are looking for someone to scale a new digital service. The individual should have a good understanding of wind farm operational performance as well as business model innovation, while at the same time be capable of penetrating customer organisations (for example, investors and renewables asset owners) at decision-making level. The position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude and digital mindset. Demonstrably strong influencing and business development skills will be required too as the Venture Manager must grow this business globally while refining the business model and value propositions. Moreover, you will have proven managerial skills to successfully lead the Product and Business Development team and a virtual team of technical and business leads based globally.
What will you do?
A combination of the following activities:
- Secure extraordinary growth for the Venture as measured by order intake and revenue globally
- Lead a multi-disciplinary digital product team, including the product management, operations support, business development and marketing
- Take care of financial planning and control of the Venture, to ensure it meets agreed targets
- Develop additional investment cases as required
- Identify and analyse new business opportunities
- Develop strategic plans for the product development and business/ market development constantly learning from customer and market feedback to adapt and inform the approach
- Define and revise growth tactics
- Direct the marketing and sales staff and campaigns
- Represent the Venture to DNV GL Energy’s senior management and all staff
- Keep up to date with industry trends and developments relevant to the Venture
DNV GL - Digital Solutions is seeking a candidate for a Project Manager (Delivery and Recurring Revenue Engagements). Collaborating closely with project teams, the Project Manager (PM) will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Most are software implementation or operational support projects (On Prem, SaaS / Recurring Revenue, Solution Support) for new or existing clients and may cover all DNV GL product-based solutions but primarily our Asset Integrity products and solutions such as Synergi Pipeline (SP). This position is located at our office in Mechanicsburg, PA or Katy, TX.
The Project Manager will report to the Head of Section for Project Management Consulting Americas with the main objective of being the responsible for the entire project and customer engagement cycle right from RFP/Bid Review/Proposal Management, Project planning, execution and deployment, Extended Solution Support to Operational Management post Go-live. The specific focus for this position will be management of projects primarily related to DNV GL’s Synergi Pipeline product platform for transmission and distribution integrity solutions. The ideal candidate will be the one with extensive practical experience of having delivered both large (>~1m USD) and small size (~ $10K to $200K) projects in involving Software Solutions and preferable in the Asset Integrity space. A strong knowledge of demonstrative Project Management Concepts and Principles is a must. The candidate would also be responsible for being the primary liaison with our clients’ solution sponsor for on-going commercial, operational, scope and relationship management of our SaaS software solutions.
Tasks May Include
- Work Collaboratively with the Sales and other project teams and lead the Proposal Management and delivery activities during the Pre-sales stages of a project opportunity.
- Prepare plans, supervise project team members and their execution of tasks, prepare project budgets and analyze financial data, and direct and control the outcome of a project
- Effectively negotiate changes to project scope and change orders including opportunities for new sales
- Collaborate with DNV GL’s Product Development and Oil and Gas Advisory team throughout the pre-sales/project cycles and be responsible or the successful delivery to the end customers satisfaction.
- Successful Risk Management and Execution of all projects (of various types and sizes) within the agreed boundaries of scope, time and cost resulting in a high degree of customer satisfaction whilst achieving the agreed internal project profitability.
- Manage the customer relationship and financial aspect of operational support. Ensure that the client’s needs and requirements are adhered to per the agreed contract. Identify expansion opportunities for existing customer solutions.
- Proactive involvement in the client’s future roadmap planning efforts, to
- Ensure alignment of client needs with DNV GL solution roadmaps
- Plan, propose, negotiate and deliver extensions and enhancements to the operational solution to accommodate the client’s updated IT and business process requirements
- Actively communicate DNV GL’s value proposition of SaaS products with clients on our product capabilities and future direction
- Liaise with DNV GL’s solution operations department to ensure that the most cost-efficient SaaS operating platform environment is delivered to the customer. Develop and grow relationships with key stakeholders and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities.
Do you want to become a part of our world leading team within Operation and Technical Management Consulting?
Maritime Advisory Bergen
As our customers are asking for our help now more than ever before, we are looking for new highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic colleagues who would like to join our Maritime Advisory unit in Bergen.
- We are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated senior consultant with strong analytical and interpersonal skills, to join our section for Maritime Advisory Bergen.
- We are looking for someone with technical education and preferably experience within both: management consulting and analytical projects. The candidate must have the flexible mindset that is needed to solve complex issues in advanced projects with customer centricity skills. The candidate must also be flexible related to traveling.
The section works closely with customers to provide them with the foundation to make risk-based decisions on operational and technical issues. Our customers come to us for a unique combination of world-leading technical expertise, detailed industry knowledge and understanding of the balance between business and regulatory issues and a broad and deep understanding in risk management. In the global transformation, we work to ensure sustainable business to be the core of all developments.
The section works within different industries but mainly with ports, ships and the energy sector. In addition, we have engagements within advanced project decision support related to Defence and Navy organizations.
Maritime Advisory Bergen are engaged within advanced management decision support as; technical due diligence, project risk, decision support/improvements related to operations including strategy and organization development, safety assessments, safety culture and management systems, optimization of maintenance, digitalization, environmental decision support and technical compliance analysis for safe, reliable, sustainable design & operations.
We always work as a team and collaborate closely with our colleagues in other parts of the world to share ideas and local knowledge. This helps to ensure that we provide cost efficient and timely support to our clients.
As a consultant in Maritime Advisory, you will be challenged in all aspects of project management from proposals, project planning, project execution and client follow up. Our engagements vary greatly, and we take pride in understanding and dealing with emerging challenges in the maritime industry. You will contribute to idea generation, innovation and service development. We emphasize the importance of close interaction with our customers. We believe that a detailed understanding of the problem ensures good solutions. Our global network will allow you to take part in exciting engagements all over the world.
You will help our customers to find their way as the industry moves towards digitalization, autonomy and decarbonisation of shipping, energy efficiency with use of new technology. Following our mission of safeguarding life, property and the environment, you will be helping our clients to sustain a healthy business while navigating the complex regulatory landscape, timely and cost efficiently implementing new technology, utilizing the value of digital technology, ensure better utilization of their assets and safe operations. These responsibilities will require the successful candidates to have working experience (senior) or interests (jr. consultant) within several areas.
Business Development is a function in Business Assurance Division, Morocco dedicated to grow the business in African French speaking countries through proactive actions to capture new clients and develop existing ones. Sale responsibilities include Market watch, Sales Channel development, Territory Prospective coverage and Key Account management.
The main objective is to define and implement local commercial actions in line with group strategy in order to capture local market growth opportunities.
The Business Development Manager will be assigned a group of existing clients to grow and a territory covering French Speaking countries in Africa with the key tasks to attract new business and secure new contracts.
Key tasks include:
- Achieve sales target for the assigned Area
- Increase visibility of DNV GL brand on the market with the support of marketing team by attending local events, visiting market stakeholders and through a strict market watch
- Implement effective sales channels to identify & capture new leads
- Proactive follow-up identified leads and visit potential clients to secure new contracts
- Develop relationship with existing customers to generate new opportunities and extend scope of activity with them.
- Liaise and coordinate with clients to ensure a smooth delivery of the services working closely with the operation team