DNV GL - Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our team in executing a marketing strategy with the goal of increasing awareness and engagement of our business energy efficiency programs to our commercial and industrial customers. The proposed Marketing Specialist will aid in the tactical execution role for our customer-first, integrated marketing campaigns. You will join a team that drives functional marketing efforts, supporting the development, implementation and assessment of annual marketing strategies and integrated campaigns. You will collaborate closely with our creative team on projects requiring design, copywriting and production support to bring plans and ideas to life. Once events can be safely attended, you will be in charge of a robust event calendar. This position is based out of Okemos, MI.
Tasks May Include
- Establishing and developing relationships with industry market influences and growing the network
- Activating a go to market events strategy, coordinate and manage events
- Contribute to implementation of content tactics as part of a campaign, including content creation, graphic design, publishing and promotional assets
- Contribute to implementation of email, social media, paid search, display ad or other digital tactics as part of a campaign, including content creation, basic template design/updates, call-to-action, landing page form/development, workflow automation, A/B testing and metrics reporting
- Participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for digital and traditional advertising, branding efforts and marketing materials while working closely with fellow creatives to solidify designs
- Work with vendors to source, print materials and order giveaways
DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use is seeking a Business Analyst to join our Program Delivery and Implementation (PDI) team. PDI helps commercial and industrial utility customers save energy and money.
The successful candidate will think strategically and apply skills in project management, business analysis, requirements gathering, functional testing, change management, troubleshooting and training to implement business processes and applications. This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan office.
Tasks May Include
- Business Requirements documentation
- Interview business stakeholders to gather detailed product requirements (scope, background, business case, etc.)
- Define business rules and objectives, current operational procedures, risk, input and output requirements, system access, etc.
- Translate Business Requirements into functional requirements by developing As-Is and To-Be process documentation, use case scenarios, data models, logic details, work instructions, etc.
- Create test case documents to facilitate quality assurance and user acceptance testing prior to product release
- Project Management
- Manage projects, including client interaction
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Data Analytics & Reporting
- Analyze data from energy efficiency programs, including energy savings, incentive calculations, technology cost impacts, and application processes/statuses
- Perform a variety of quality control checks to maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data in tracking systems
- Perform database queries (SQL server) and program data analysis as requested
- Gather and prioritize user requirements
- Write reporting requirement documents, create product specifications and technical mock-ups for new business intelligence tools to support decision making and performance tracking
- Maintain existing reporting tools, identify enhancements, track and promote usage across company
- Perform and/or manage user acceptance and regression testing
- Write user manuals, train users, and provide technical support on reporting tools
- Working in the newly established Customer Service Centre (CSC) in Singapore, the candidate will be responsible for sales and business development activities towards Regular Accounts (formerly called Transactional Accounts) assigned to CSC.
- The role will primarily, but not exclusively, be office based, with strong reliance on digital and remote means of customer interaction. There is expected to be one full time trainee account manager reporting into and supporting the Account Manager.
- The role reports into the Area Business Development Manager and will be an integral part of the Singapore commercial team.
- Opportunities for future progression to Key Account Manager in Singapore, after a period of strong performance in the Account Manager role, can be expected.
- Ensure regular sales and marketing interaction with the assigned Accounts through various rather standardized interaction channels to gain a solid understanding and foresight of their needs and wants and to maintain long-term business relationship. Utilize the relevant DNV GL organization to ensure relationship development and targeted interaction with the accounts across all organizational levels, including CXO-level.
- For the group of assigned Accounts have an overall high level simple but impactful activity plan in place that assists in identifying and securing new business, retaining existing business (priority, but not limited to NB, TOCA, PSA, Advisory) and maintaining high customer satisfaction. Lead and work collaboratively with the relevant DNV GL organization to ensure that the plans and actions are executed.
- Continuously identify and develop sales opportunities to capture new business and keep track of customer’s existing contract portfolio to ensure renewal of agreements within due date. Take the lead and rigorously drive the actions towards capturing those opportunities. This includes but is not limited to activities such as conducting impactful customer interaction, developing, presenting and negotiating compelling sales offers and sustainable sales contracts, as well as coordinating and motivating the opportunity sales team and the wider DNV GL organization and resources towards securing the business.
- Monitor the sales funnel and the performance of the assigned Accounts.
- Lead and support the formal process of customer satisfaction review for parts of assigned Accounts, as selected by the Business Development Manager and on an ongoing basis identify and cascade within DNV GL any major challenges and concerns related to the DNV GL interaction with the accounts. Follow-up with the findings and ensure that related improvement activities are executed under utilization of the relevant DNV GL organization.
- Hand over all standard technical issues to DATE and the Operational Centres to facilitate timely response and adequate solution. Elevate complex and critical technical issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Sales Back Office (SBO) to support with administrative tasks as defined in the SBO role description.
- Pro-actively stay up to date with industry and market trends and best practices as well as DNV GL products, services and processes to remain relevant towards customers and prospects.
- Be responsible for the accuracy of customer master data and activity data in the CRM related to the assigned accounts as defined in the DMSM-9-4.
- Support resolving critical invoicing claims and follow up critical accounts receivables in close cooperation with Finance to ensure timely payment and solution.
Part of the Sales team of Business Assurance Singapore (Management System Certification), the Sales and Business Development Executive will report to the Business Development and Key Customer Manager in Singapore.
Main Responsibilities :
- Responsible for driving the sales, developing the business relationships, establishing and maintaining both sales and business development strategies to meet sales targets and implement the marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for driving the recertification / retention of existing clients / customers by managing the queries or requests to renegotiate terms and conditions to a successful conclusion of remaining with DNV GL.
- In a proactive mode, approach targeted companies, identify and generate business opportunities in line with DNV GL services portfolio;
- Develop a local network of partners (consultants, channels);
- In respect of DNV GL’s rules, prepare, submit and defend added-value proposals;
- Follow-up, negotiate and conclude business contracts to achieve individual targets;
- Sustain existing customers’ loyalty, deal with sales requests in coordination with other DNV GL departments;
- Take part in local communication actions (events, tradeshows, conferences, exhibitions, etc).
- To support sales coordination activity.
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Wind Turbine Inspections Specialist to join our Wind Turbine Technology team, which includes our wind turbine inspections services. This position is based out of our Seattle, WA office (remote is possible for the right candidate).
Tasks May Include
- Provide project-related field inspection and support within Renewables Advisory North America with a focus on wind turbine condition, site operations, and project construction phases. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing End of Warranty inspections and testing on condition of wind turbine equipment on-site.
- Performing incoming goods inspections at wind project sites.
- Performing operational site assessment site visits to inspect equipment and operations and maintenance processes to objectively assess project conditions.
- Supporting/Performing construction monitoring site visits.
- Supporting root cause failure investigations through inspection and documentation of field conditions as well as follow-up analysis projects (both desk and field inspection work).
- Meet company required documentation and reporting and administrative responsibilities.
- Author detailed construction monitoring and operational site visit reports, and write memos, emails or technical notes to communicate clearly and objectively internally and to clients with accuracy and technical rigor.
- Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, inspection check sheets, tracking reports and scheduling controls.
- Adhere to DNV GL and client safety procedures, and foster a safe working environment.
The Project Manager must be a Principal/Senior SHE Consultant, he/she will lead a cross functional consulting team involved in project delivery, project management and customer services, supporting clients primarily in the local onshore and offshore Oil, Gas and Process industry. This position will include a large variety of projects and offers great opportunities for personal and professional career development.
We are interested in people with the ability to deliver services within the following areas:
- SHE management consulting and improvement
- SHE system construction (including the writing/preparation of SHE management manuals, procedures and guidelines)
- SHE performance assessment or audit
- Safety culture improvement consulting
- Emergency Response Management consulting
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- SHE related training etc.
Job Location: Beijing or Shanghai
Global Shared Services IT is the DNV GL IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units and end-users worldwide. GSS IT with nearly 400 employees worldwide is the internal service provider for IT support globally in DNV GL and has a key role in system evaluation, development, and integration.
GSS IT has established a VerIT Hybrid Platform (consisting of VerIT on premise, VerIT on Azure and VerIT on Oracle) which serves as the Platform for hosting our current services and the new Digitalisation Services.
Within this context both IT operational tasks and project work are part of the assignment, organized through a International Virtual Team setup with team members spread across the globe and from various cultures.
We are seeking System Engineers Windows (2 positions)
for our Windows Services Backend team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The Windows Backend team is responsible for the Operational Services globally on the Windows Platform in these environments and for the Office365 backend part.
The objective is to cover the traditionally developed Windows services in VerIT (including roadmap changes) and stronger embrace the Cloud Services in MS Azure and Office365 moving forward in our Cloud journey.
Main tasks will be, but not limited to:
- System Administration
- Handling Operational Incidents, Tasks and Changes
- Implementing Business Requirements
- Project Execution
- Windows Server OS Administration and troubleshooting (on premise and in MS Azure)
- Active directory governance and troubleshooting
- Office 365 System Administration
- Azure IAAS and PAAS and system administration
- Hyper-V Management
- PKI/Certificate Management
Lead Auditor - Automotive Quality Management Systems - IATF 16949
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL - Business Assurance is seeking an IATF Lead Auditor to work in our Automotive division. As independent, third-party, auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to guarantee the quality of their products.
Our ISO/TS 16949 auditors certify quality management systems for all manufacturers in the automotive supply chain worldwide – for cars, their parts, components or systems. Our auditors are generally based remotely allowing them to work independently as they travel to client sites while receiving a full complement of administrative support from our central office in Katy, TX
Tasks May Include
- Perform 3rd party ISO/TS 16949 audits for North America clients
- Document and report audit activities and results
- Interact directly with clients at all levels of management in developing timely, complete, and accurate report of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with clients
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of client corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursue advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
DNV GL – Energy is seeking an Energy Inspector to join our Program Design and Implementation (PDI) team, responsible for implementing utility energy efficiency programs throughout the US. This position is based out of our Reno office and will cover the NV Energy service territory in/around Las Vegas, Nevada. Tasks May Include
- Take direction from the Head of Section and Project Lead for workload tasks
- Review and verify technical merits of energy efficiency applications from the business sector, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Meet with local governments, municipalities, and private parties to demonstrate the benefits of the programs offered by Business Energy Efficiency Program.
- Install residential energy efficiency measures such as lighting and smart power strips
- Conduct customer site inspections to verify existing conditions, both before and after the installation of energy efficient equipment
- Conduct database queries and program data analysis to ensure application accuracy
- Produce inspection reports that capture onsite conditions
- Interact with customers, Community Action Partners and Trade Allies alike to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Educate contractors, Community Action Partners and customers about the program
- Allocate time and resources according to the workload. Plan, organize, and complete tasks within defined time frame
- Develop and attend program events to promote energy efficiency offerings
We are looking for an experienced Compensation/Reward professional for the role of Group Leader – Compensation and Benefits. In this role you will be responsible for the European compensation processes in DNV GL. You will lead a team of compensation specialists who support the global DNV GL compensation processes and provide analytical services to the DNV GL Organization, including senior management. To succeed in this role, you will provide leadership, direction and prioritization to your team. You need good people management skills, a customer centric mindset and the willingness to go the extra mile to contribute to the success of DNV GL.
In your role you will:
- Combine operational (hand-on) work with people management. Lead the team of 4 Specialists including staff development, setting goals, performance reviews, and supervisory responsibilities.
- In the first year approximately 30% of time shall be dedicated to leading others and 70% dedicated to work as the Senior Specialist within the team.
Start with coordinating a project to consolidate Compensation processes (incl. some of the benefits processes) and relevant knowledge from various European countries in a global framework into the central, newly established, Global Centre Compensation Team.
Be responsible for monitoring the quality, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness of the processes.
Be responsible for conducting workforce compensation processes, incl. documentation for European countries.
Model salary adjustment frames (budgets) and distribution criteria based on the Business Area and country specific needs.
Understand legal compensation rules of various countries across Europe when providing the service.
Support global profit share scheme processes including local checks on salary, employee data and parameters.
Maintain and monitor benchmarks in relation to DNV GL business needs, external market statistics and internal salary analyses.
Support and advise on country specific application of global compensation and benefits processes (for example implications of long-term absence, country specific legal requirements, works council agreements).
Develop market insights and stay updated on market trends and situations relevant to compensation services and continuously develop the service.
Stay updated on market trends in compensation, applicable country legislation and evolving business needs.
Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with HR Advisors in various European countries, senior managers in the business areas and other stakeholders in Finance, Payroll, Group, and externally.
Work towards standardization, digitalization and further improvements of the compensation processes.
DNV GL Energy is seeking a Technical Manager for the Civil Engineering team. This person will be an engaging, Customer-facing, motivated leader with demonstrated management experience to lead a world class team comprised of highly skilled geotechnical, structural, and civil engineers. Charged with ensuring the foundations of the wind and solar industry are consistent with current standards and prepared to operate well into the future of the renewable energy industry, we mitigate risk and are the keystone to helping some of the largest, most technically complex renewable energy projects develop successfully. This position could be based in any of the following offices Oakland, CA; San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Houston TX; Medford, MA.
At DNV GL, we here for more than just the engineering. What makes us different?
- Foundation values and funding, in the private sector. With no shareholders to pay out annually, our profits are recycled into employee profit sharing and innovation. A portion of our revenue every year are invested in research and development that are accessible to our staff to fund their cutting-edge ideas.
- Technical rigor and independence. Our customers and the industry at large rely on DNV GL’s impartial insights to navigate current and future technology. At DNV GL, our quality is never compromised by profits or commercial pressures.
- Flexibility and autonomy. Our team consistently identifies technical autonomy and personal work hour flexibility as key drivers that keep our retention rates and employee satisfaction high. As our team grows, so do the opportunities to support each other’s work and family life.
- Progressive values. Our leadership proactively drives our family- and community-centric culture. Among other annual benefits, every employee is encouraged to utilize a paid volunteer day every year, improving and supporting our communities.
Tasks May Include
- Responsibility for growth and profitability of the Civil Engineering Team
- Develop vision and goals for the civil engineering team, in alignment with Section- and Department-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and incubate nascent service offerings originating directly from the Civil Engineering team (e.g. offshore wind feasibility, concept design, technical advisory and design review, earthquake engineering and seismic risk analysis, repowering services)
- Developing project management skills among the Civil Engineering team members, including their abilities to act as Project Manager on complex, multi-service civil engineering projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV GL’s comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility through to decommissioning
- Acting as key account manager and lead business development for customers within DNV GL’s Civil Engineering team
- Leading meetings with customers, investors, and designers on a variety of business development, industry alignment, and in the context of project development and financing
- Provide mentoring and coaching to 10-15 individual team members, including regular performance reviews
DNV GL has a wide experience in consulting in the Brazilian solar industry, providing since 2012, a diverse range of services, including prospection of new areas, measurement campaign monitoring, energy production assessments for ANEEL auctions and financing, assessment of solar farm operation and due diligences.
DNV GL is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Engineer to join our Solar Team in Porto Alegre and be part of an International Team of Solar Experts providing independent and owners engineering/advisory services to our Customer.
The position is a full-time position that reports to the Solar Head of Section of Iberia and Latin-America, located in the Barcelona Office.
- Direct Project Work. As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Solar Engineer will be involved in technical advisory tasks related to independent and owners engineering services, which may include project analysis, data analytics, components technical evaluation, site inspections for root cause analysis. It would be also expected the Solar Engineer to perform Project Management, preparing and delivering reports and presentations as well as direct contact with the Customers.
- Required critical knowledge of construction contracts, project quality plans and as built designs. The engineer will be required to understand project management, evaluation of project earned value against current performance and milestones accomplishment and payment certificate submission.
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the Solar Business
DNV GL - Energy's “Operational Excellence” group is seeking an engineer for technical asset services deliver services in the areas of high voltage interference, electromagnetic fields, electromagnetic compatibility and earthing and lightning protection systems. We are a team of 20 Engineers with a mix of highly motivated career beginners and very experienced senior engineers guiding our young colleagues and transfer their knowledge. The team supports network operators, equipment manufacturers, power companies and utilities to improve and optimize operations, to ensure a high level of human security and to increase the lifetime of the equipment. To ensure quality assurance before commissioning and during the long-term operating phase, our employees analyze, calculate, measure and verify the electrical equipment and verify that customer systems meet all normative and regulatory requirements.
This position will be based in our Dresden office.
Your tasks include:
- Analysis, appraisal, interpretation, calculation and evaluation of earthing and lightning protection systems
- Calculation and design of high-voltage earthing systems in the sense of personal protection, operation and lightning protection
- Occasional support of grounding measurement
DNV GL - Energy's “Operational Excellence” group is seeking an engineer for technical asset services deliver services in the areas of high voltage interference, electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic compatibility.
We are a team of 20 Engineers with a mix of highly motivated career beginners and very experienced senior engineers guiding our young colleagues and transfer their knowledge. The team supports network operators, equipment manufacturers, power companies and utilities to improve and optimize operations, to ensure a high level of human security and to increase the life time of equipment. To ensure quality assurance before commissioning and during the long-term operating phase, our employees analyze, calculate, measure and verify the electrical equipment and verify that customer systems meet all normative and regulatory requirements.
This position will be based in our Dresden office.
Your tasks include:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), especially electrical and magnetic fields of high voltage systems (26th BIm-SchV) and their effect on the human being
- Checking/measurement of high voltage influences (overhead lines, cables, pipelines etc.)
- Calculations in the area of high voltage influence and EMF observation in the sense of the 26th BIm-SchV
The purpose of the role is to deliver an efficient and effective metocean service into customer organisations in order to secure repeat business and project targets for the metocean business line. The metocean business line in London is considered to be the centre of excellence in this field within the DNV GL business worldwide. The Metocean Specialist will be part of a small team of Metocean Engineers (part of a larger team of multidisciplinary engineers) based in London undertaking metocean studies using sophisticated oceanographic modelling techniques for the offshore oil and gas and renewables sectors. Clients are both within the DNV GL businesses and external. The successful applicant will spend approximately 75% to 80% of their time undertaking technical Metocean analysis work with the remainder spent developing metocean tools. The role is office based.
- To project manage studies as requested by the Senior Metocean Engineer.
- To be responsible for carrying out metocean studies to produce data used for the design and/or assessment of fixed, floating and mobile offshore structures, pipelines, windfarms, etc. and the associated report writing in a timely, concise and efficient manner to be within budget and timescale for existing and new clients worldwide.
- To be responsible for developing data analysis tools using matlab, and carrying out numerical modelling studies using MIKE 21 software or similar.
- To assist the Senor Metocean Engineer and Team Leader with the business development by preparing proposals and with client and project management.
- To collaborate with peers, juniors and colleagues to deliver high standard work.
- To be responsible for ensuring personal safety and that of direct report staff and subcontractors working for the company.
- To comply with the DNV GL management system and standards
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our team in Barendrecht as Key Account Officer.
The Key Account Officer (KAO) is the counter part of the Key & Enterprise Customer Manager (KCM/ECM). The KAO supports the K/ECM to assure that operations requirements & needs are reflected in new customer contracts & commitments. Once the customer contract is signed, the KAO is responsible to prepare, coordinate and monitor the customer contracts into execution and manages ongoing delivery.
The KAO initiates, in close communication with K/ECM and LA, the sales activities to secure and develop existing customers.
The role also requires participating in internal business project enhancement activities to secure future revenue growth and satisfied customers.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing key/enterprise customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Support the KCM and ECM in customer meetings when it comes to finalization and operationalization of customer contracts/Service Delivery Plans
- Coordinate with customer the amendment of contracts over time, e.g. adding / removing sites, adding/removing standards, transitions to new/other standards, initiate sales of other services (cross selling) etc.
- Prepare, coordinate and guide the planning together with lead auditors and planning department and assures the administrative set-up in CRM system
- Together with the K/ECM coordinates all customer related activities as part of a team
- KAO creates an Service Delivery Plan/Audit Delivery Plan and timely agrees with the customer & LA/PM the sample plan for the upcoming audit cycle
- Handle and monitor customer inquiries
- Manage the CRM system, control of sales key figures and data quality, correct set-up of the accounts, projects and activities, and entering data into relevant systems
- Coordinate the administrative internal processes: processing customer orders / purchase orders, audit planning, technical review and issue certificate, issue of invoicing, data quality etc.
- Initiates and follows up operational meetings with customers, follows up any customer feedback (incl. complaints) and drives the customer satisfaction improvement
We’re looking for a Senior Consultant High Voltage (HV) in the role of HV Team Lead who helps our customers world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology (TDT) team. The position is available in Arnhem (The Netherlands).
The TDT team exists out of over 50 professionals and continuously growing. The team is a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level with different backgrounds and from various cultures. You will be part of and leading the High Voltage cluster within the TDT team.
Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
You will be involved in national and international projects where you will also collaborate in and with other teams within DNV GL. Like working jointly on substation projects, asset management or renewable energy.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will transform deep technical knowledge, curiosity and hands-on high voltage equipment experience, into clear customer solutions and/or solid business opportunities
- You turn customer’s needs into concrete consultancy projects, as well execute these in the field, lab and/ or in the office
- You will give advice to our customers related to their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution equipment and systems (e.g. substations, overhead lines and cables, EMC, HVDC systems)
- You will also perform the electrical functional design of HVAC/HVDC components and substation
Next to that, you will:
- Lead business development and know how to get the orders in
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
- Carry out failure investigations, both in the field as well as in the office
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Execute or witness tests such as type, factory - or site acceptance tests (FAT/ SAT)
- Monitor and anticipate on market developments and decide on market approach
- Develop our service portfolio/roadmap and the annual plan
- Be a mentor to support and develop the (technical) career path of other team members
- Co-lead the TDT team
The Support, Training and QA section is currently located in Stavanger and Gdynia. This vacant position is in our Support team at our office in Gdynia. The working environment is informal, highly competent and internationally focused.
We are seeking an Application Support Engineer for DNV GL Digital Solutions Synergi Life and EasyRisk products. Synergi Life and EasyRisk are module based applications used to collect, process and analyze information related to QHSE and risk management. You will work in the Support team closely together with sales, product management and the development team.
Key responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Customer support and problem solving
- Configuration and general administration of Synergi
- Cooperation with other team members in support and 3rd line resources from development
- Conduct Basic Training in use of the Synergi products
As our market is global some travel may be required.
We are looking for Global Process Owner Accounts Payable for our GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
To succeed in this role, you should be passionate learner, a team player with excellent communication skills and cultural awareness. You will play a key role ensuring compliance of internal finance processes. So, you have to be customer oriented, attentive to detail, and work well under pressure.
Global Process Owner Accounts Payable will own the design of the global finance process flows specific to the relevant GSS service portfolio and consistent with the Group governance.
When employed, you will be a member of GSS GC Finance Management Team and as an expert drive the global execution of governance, standardization and process excellence.
Some travel will be required in this role.
In work you will:
- Drive and ensure end- to- end finance processes are compliant with organizational governance;
- Strive to achieve the high quality, efficiency and standardization of processes;
- Make informed decisions on working practices, documentations for specific areas which cover global, regional and local processes;
- Establish relevant KPI’s to drive organizational performance;
- Regularly monitor KPI’s and take corrective actions if necessary;
- Provide input to SLA within relevant area of responsibility;
- Identify best practices and support global implementation;
- Drive and support change management across Organization;
- Set regular meetings with other GPO’s, Subject Matter Experts and relevant stakeholders to ensure effective global cross-function communication;
- Act as a leader towards business and global professional network.
With more than 2,500 experts in more than 30 countries and more than 300 technicians and engineers in Germany, DNV GL Energy supports players in the energy industry with the aim of making energy supply safer, more reliable and more efficient while at the same time reducing CO2 emissions. DNV GL Energy Advisory GmbH Germany is part of the DNV GL Group.
We are looking to expand our measurement and diagnostic teams and looking for you:
As an employee of the measurement and diagnostic team of DNV GL Energy, you assume the following tasks and are responsible for:
- Checking the safety of assets and equipment in the medium, high and extra high voltage level
- Compliance with technical regulations and requirements for personal safety (earthing)
- Carrying out measurements and tests on electrical equipment, e.g. wind turbines and solar systems (sound measurements, EMC measurements, thermography, etc.)
- Review and evaluation of lightning protection and grounding measures (substations, industrial plants, transmission towers, etc.)
- Execution of diagnostics, measurements on transformers and bushings.