Are you looking to join a global, growth-oriented company focused on creating a sustainable future for our planet? DNV’s Energy Systems group is seeking a Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer to direct activity, oversee staff in support of an emerging commercial and industrial energy efficiency incentive program portfolio in New Jersey. This role requires an experienced professional with strong technical acumen and excellent leadership and customer service skills. Part of this exciting role offers you the opportunity to recruit and engage new talent to support multiple programs.
This position is based out of our Newark, New Jersey office.
Tasks May Include
- Interact with facility engineers / building managers to motivate them to implement energy efficiency upgrades in existing buildings
- Perform customer focused, site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency opportunities involving commercial/industrial lighting, HVAC, building management and control systems, and process equipment
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Conduct customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment. Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Conduct on-site energy assessments of the energy performance of commercial buildings to identify cost-effective energy efficiency upgrade opportunities
- Plan and deliver presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies, customers, clients, and others
Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consulting firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Would you like to influence the solar industry and have the opportunity to grow and thrive as a thought leader?
Then an engineering position on our Solar Independent Engineering and Technology Team to be a great fit for you!
DNV – Energy’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a PV Module Engineer to join our Solar Independent Engineering and Technology team. DNV is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and our team members are respected as experts and thought leaders in the industry. DNV GL’s Solar IE and Technology team holds a substantial market position in North America as a leading provider of independent engineering services to support the financing and construction of solar energy projects. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and due diligence on behalf of project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely on our reports in making investment and risk assessment decisions. This solar technology team also takes a leading role in conference participation, participation in codes/standards committees, and in establishing internal and industry guidance on assessing technology risk for our teams in North America and globally. Renewables Advisory is a high-performing, innovative team that strives for equity, respect, and diversity.As a member of the Solar Technology team, the successful candidate will be a thought leader at DNV in the field of photovoltaic (PV) module technology, testing and operations, and will provide technical advisory and other consulting services associated with PV modules used in solar projects. The work will include technical due diligence of solar PV modules for use in pre-construction, construction and operational projects on behalf of lenders and investors. This position will also provide technical support and advisory services to project developers and product manufacturers, including bankability studies, failure analyses, and support for RFPs and technical specifications.
The role will include working with product manufacturers to opine on product design and expected reliability, and managing relationships with applicable manufacturers and other stakeholders.Performing technical reviews will require candidates who can assess detailed aspects of PV module design including cell processing methods, cell interconnection approaches, encapsulants, and environmental protection. Candidates should possess a solid fundamental understanding of the manufacturing processes for both crystalline and thin-film products, and be able to model device performance. The technical review will include evaluation with respect to relevant codes and standards, so the candidate should be familiar with UL 1703, IEC/UL 61730, IEC 61646, IEC 61215 and the National Electrical Code (NEC). The successful candidate should be familiar with the major suppliers of PV modules and with the primary technical differences between products and market segments.
This position will be loacted in our Oakland, CA; San Diego, CA; Portland, OR ; Austin, TX; Medford, PA office.
Tasks May Include
- Employ excellent English-language written and verbal communications skills to provide technical advice to customers including commenting on design, reliability, manufacture, installation, and testing of PV modules, to include:Assessment of manufacturing methods (e.g. thin-film deposition, laser scribing, encapsulation)
- Review of manufacturing facilities for compliance with quality/safety procedures and practices
- Review manufacture and installation documentation for solar PV modules
- Review engineering documentation relating to:
- Cell design, processing and manufacture
- Cell interconnection
- Encapsulation, framing and front/back glass/polymer
- Performance test reports
- Product compliance testing
- Thermal (infra-red) imaging evaluation
- Electroluminescence (EL) imaging evaluation
- Accelerated testing reports
- FMEA and related reliability documentation
- Operation and maintenance documents
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of the solar PV modules
Recommendations for product improvements and/or suggestions for how to mitigate risk
- Relating PV module characteristics to holistic project design and energy production
- Travel to engineering/manufacturing facilities to review product design and manufacture, and to field sites to review installation, operation and maintenance.
- Relate the results of PV module technical reviews to broader technical due diligence scopes by making recommendations regarding commercial and technical risk mitigation and financial model assumptions for investors, lenders, developers and owners in a relatable manner.
- Manage stakeholder relationships to develop new business opportunities and promote complementary services from other parts of DNV GL, including preparing scopes of work for technical services.
- Work as a supportive team member in a collaborative environment, as well as on self-directed independent projects.
- Contribute to internal process development and documentation, including innovation and digitalization efforts.
DNV Maritime Region Americas is seeking a Surveyor and Auditor to join our New York or New Jersey location.
As a fleet in service Surveyor you will be member of a highly qualified team of surveyors and auditors serving the maritime industry and various ship types (eg: tankers, bulk carriers, containers) calling at ports in the US East Coast. (ref to all ships)
Tasks may include
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management.
- Work on-site surveys during dry-docking and in service.
- Work on major vessel conversions, alterations or any technical matters involving all type of vessels.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation at all times.
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner.
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of the organization.
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting DNV GL onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions.
- Support Key Account Managers (KAM) as Technical Support Manager (TSM)
DNV-Energy Systems is seeking an Energy Engineer to join the team that is helping DTE’s commercial and industrial customers save energy and money. DNV has been retained by DTE to implement its energy efficiency programs. The utility’s commercial and industrial customers will be eligible for technical and financial support to make their facilities more energy efficient.
This postion will be based out of our Detroit, MI office.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications.
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information.
- Complete technical and financial analysis of customer applications.
- Educate applicants, trade allies and contractors about the program.
- Provide flexible support to other team members on an as-needed basis.
- Submit requests for payment for those applications that pass inspection and meet all program requirements.
- Perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency projects and programs involving: lighting, industrial process equipment, pumps, fans, compressed air systems, complex central plant systems, and advanced HVAC equipment.
- Other duties assigned
Our Risk Management Advisory (RMA) Team in Hamburg works in all kinds of risk studies from Qualitative screenings via PHA towards software based full quantitative risk analysis. Setting up and improving safety management system of our clients is part of the work as well as analyzing incidents towards the root causes in the management system. We support our colleagues in conducting RAM studies, RBI projects and asset integrity work. To support our team specifically in the field of PHA studies we are searching for a senior consultant with the following skillset:
- Good and prooven knowledge in industry standards PHA methodology leadership (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL/LOPA, FMEA)
- Safe usability of standard software tools (PHAPro and further)
- Presentation of approaches and adaptations of industry best practice approaches against client/project specific requirements
- Take own responsibilities for project parts in projects from the RMA group
- Take responsibility in the process of digitalization of RMA services
- Client contact within projects with a client focus and strong quality mindset
- Support of tender processes and proposal preparation for RMA services
- Build up a network within DNV both on national level with the target to perform cross learnings throughout units and on international level to cross work with specialists
- Support of projects with logical oriented mindset and self-motivated work attitude
The Risk Management Advisory team is further growing to strengthen our overall advisory service branch. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated German-speaking candidates for our growing team of highly skilled colleagues with a focus on setting up, improving and auditing of PSM and HSE management systems.
To provide our customers with the best results and to stay ahead we encourage open-minded thinking in our social working environment, an environment where all fresh ideas are welcome. We believe that you can help us and our clients to safeguard and improve their performance.
We are looking for an experienced Consultant with a strong passion and interests in working in the field of risk management. A focus in auditing/developing (process) safety management system would be beneficial. In the field of HSE management systems, DNV can rely on the International Safety Rating System (ISRS) which includes decades of experience in best practice management systems.
Overall, the section Risk Management Advisory covers, among others, consulting and training in the following service areas:
- Implementation, Improvement and auditing of (process) safety management systems
- Process Hazard Analysis (HAZID, HAZOP, FME( C)A, FTA, ETA etc.)
- Functional Safety
- Reliability analysis
- Incident investigation
As a competent project partner, we support our clients through the whole project lifetime from feasibility studies during the design and operation to the decommissioning of plants. Our client portfolio ranges from design companies to operators for Oil and Gas upstream plants, storage facilities and refineries as well as chemical processing plants (whole downstream sector). Services for reliability and incident investigations are also provided to other industries.
The section Risk Management Advisory works closely together with other disciplines in Hamburg as well as the worldwide network of DNV’s risk consultants. Excellent German and English skills are therefore an essential part of the required qualifications. The wide range of tasks offers several interdisciplinary activities, technical challenges and good development opportunities for an open and flexible engineer/consultant who likes to work in technical fields and already has a profound knowledge of one or more of our service areas.
The job covers in-depth teamwork and:
- Management and processing of our key clients in the field of risk management
- Technical and relationship based responsibility in the area of new client development and during the setup of proposals
- Set up and implementation of solutions for technical and organizational challenges of our clients including project management of large scale projects and leadership of project teams
- Analysing of incidents using DNVs SCAT/BSCAT methodologies or industrial best practice including trainings
- From improving single processes and/or procedures towards overall auditing of complete safety management systems
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world? Do you enjoy collaborating with market leading clients and competent and engaging colleagues? Then you may find the role as Communication Test Engineer inrenewable Energy & Electricity Grids in DNV GL Energy to be a great fit for you!
In running and operating electricity grids Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) are deployed in great numbers. These devices play a very important part in the electricity process automation and communicate real-time process information to each other and other involved automation systems. This communication and related interoperation needs to work flawlessly and is to be based on international communication standards. The DNV Intelligent Network & Communications team are the experts on utility communication and the applied protocols. Our Protocol Competence & Test Lab in Arnhem is looking for new enthusiastic colleagues to help test and certify the world’s utility communication protocol implementations and deployments.
In Arnhem we operate the world’s first accredited IEC 61850 Level A test lab and we are the centre of excellence on utility data communication protocols. Our lab is recognized as leading the industry on utility protocol testing and tools. To keep up with market demand, we’re looking for a Protocol Test Engineer to strengthen our team.
The overall purpose of the job is to support Intelligent Networks & Communication unit in its DNV role to safeguard life, property and the environment and achieve our company vision: To be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations. .
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Communication Test Engineer in RENEWABLE Energy & Electricity Grids for Intelligent Networks & Communication unit you will first learn about all the protocols, learn how to use our test tools, then execute tests alongside your colleagues and eventually you will be responsible for executing interoperability and conformance tests by yourself.
- you will write test reports and support in writing test plans and proposals
- maintaining close contacts with your customers during the execution of a test and follow-up
- maintaining our quality systems and contribute to the development of current and new services and testing tools
Are you looking for making real impact on how companies do business?
We're looking for a Consultant to join our Sustainability team in the UK.
This is an exciting role and you will be supporting the delivery of projects, ensuring service excellence for clients whilst developing and maintaining new and existing relationships from day one.
We help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability. You will work on a wide range of services including: supply chain sustainability, green bonds, reporting and assurance, strategy, human rights. You will also get the real opportunity to work with many of the world’s leading companies and brands across a wide range of sectors.
Our UK team comprises 20 members, based predominantly at our offices on the south bank (central London near Blackfriars/Waterloo). The UK Sustainability team sits within our Business Assurance division and works closely with our global DNV GL sustainability teams in the Nordic countries, USA and Italy.
You will be expected to work across our range of sustainability services, which include:
- Sustainability reporting and assurance
- Digital Assurance
- Sustainability strategy
- Supply chain management
- Green Bonds and finance & climate risk
- Human rights and social responsibility
You will be expected to support the team on client projects as well as helping to grow our business through the following activities:
- Ensuring projects are executed to clients’ expectations, on time, on budget and to DNV GL quality standards
- Delivering the target level of utilisation on fee paying work
- Managing and communicating effectively with clients
- Working with existing and potential clients to help establish their individual needs, identifying and recommending appropriate solutions
- Preparing responses to business enquiries with the support of other team members
- Helping to deliver tailored solutions to help address our clients’ challenges
- Contributing to thought leadership published by the team
The role would report (for line management and personal development) to one of the existing Senior Consultants.
Are you passionate about renewable energy? Do you often see opportunities where others see problems? Do you have deep insights and experience in the solar energy industry? Are you thrilled by the idea of identifying the problems worth solving and creating the next generation of software-based solutions using digitalization? If so, come join us on this extraordinary journey and help DNV make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV Energy Systems is in the middle of an exciting digital transformation! The future growth of our digital twins, management, monitoring and control solutions for renewable energy assets is in our hands. We are creating a brand-new unit focusing on digitalization and innovation within GreenPowerMonitoring. By closely liaising with our customers, we will be creating solutions that will become part of our future software offering. Combining our deep domain expertise in wind, solar, storage and grid integration with the unlimited potential of digitalization, we will be creating trustworthy actionable insights that will enable best-in-class operational performance of our customers’ assets.
This is not a typical role within the company, and we are looking for someone with very specific skills and experience. You are on a mission to improve the way renewables assets operate and for that reason you are willing to fail fast and learn quickly, to ensure that the unit, the wider DNV and the industry, will get clear benefits utilizing the solutions you will develop. You should have a good understanding of solar installations operational performance or solar technology. You are a confident relationship builder and you proficiently use your soft skills, combined with deep technical knowledge, to understand your customers’ problems and goals, turning them into opportunities to develop software solutions. You have a digital mindset and can create valuable python-based code. You will be working with relevant colleagues to hand over the successful code and solutions to ensure they will become commercial software as part of the GPM suite of solutions. Demonstrably strong influencing and technical skills will be required alongside a high level of resilience, as successful innovation can come at the expense of many short-term failures. You are used to learning fast and to lean on the knowledge of a global team of multidisciplinary colleagues including machine learning and artificial intelligence experts that will support our journey towards success.
GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring & Solutions) offers leading products and services in the renewable energy sector. With more than 10 years’ experience, the company has consolidated its position as the independent leader in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy installations with more than 42.2GW globally managed and more than 5,800 facilities worldwide.
GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring & Solutions) has a great depth of experience with renewable energy plants across the globe and delivers a market-leading integrated solution set for the management and maintenance of green energy installations that includes hardware, software and services unmatched in the industry.
GPM&S (GreenPowerMonitoring & Solutions) merged forces with DNV in 2016 to facilitate the green energy transition through digital solutions.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com andwww.dnv.com.
The position is a part of the Product Domain Knowledge Team.
The main remit of this Team is:
- To create value in renewable energy digital tools
- To innovate and disrupt the industry with best-in-class solutions and breakthrough market opportunities
- To provide analytics and tools for the suite of GPM solutions
- To leverage the potential of data analytics
Do you want to be involved in data analytics projects, learn from and work with a highly skilled and successful team? Do you want to apply your skills in data analytics to improve the operations of renewables assets and to produce the market leading asset operation and management solutions? We are almost certainly the right team for you!
- If you are a data expert with deep knowledge of SQL and Python, an analytical thinker, and an expert in solar technology
- If you never compromise on safety, quality, personal and professional integrity, and thrive in a dynamic environment by being flexible and adaptable to deliver timely results to customers
- If you are a relationship builder, you inspire trust and confidence to promote strong working relationships
- If you want to work for an agile team within a flat and successful organization because you believe that a sustainable future will be possible thanks to innovation
Then Join our Team!
Your day to day will include:
- Design innovative algorithms that will add value to customers when managing solar assets and portfolios
- Interact with and understand customers to discover market requirements/needs at the base of the innovative solutions that you will be developing
- Ensure that DNV’s solar technology expertise flows into algorithms and eventually into software offerings
- Be able to transform the designed algorithms into Python code
- Convey GPM’s plans in an easy to understand manner and help deploy our analytics solutions to the portfolio of our Customers
- Maintain close technical collaboration with the GPM software teams to integrate algorithms into products
- Participate in internal and external feedback sessions to ensure solar specific algorithms are scalable and easy for broad implementation
- Be part of the Key Account Management process to ensure GPM are providing value to our Key customers and partners
- Continuously evaluate what GPM can deliver in our platforms
- Maintain a close working relationship with DNV Energy Systems Renewables Advisory colleagues and GPM’s Product Team to plan the integration of solutions within the GPM offering and ensure their alignment with our overall strategy
- Work closely with other analytics departments within DNV and in the industry to share developments, find synergies and standardize solutions
DNV has a wide experience providing technical consultancy in the Brazilian solar industry. Since 2012 DNV has been performing prospection of new areas, measurement campaign monitoring, energy production assessments for ANEEL auctions and financing, assessment of operational solar projects and due diligences.
In this context, DNV is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Engineer to join our Solar Team in Porto Alegre and be part of an International Team of Solar Experts providing independent and owners engineering/advisory services to our Customer.
The position is a full-time position that reports to the Solar Head of Section of Iberia and Latin-America, located in the Barcelona Office.
- Direct Project Work. As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Solar Engineer will be involved in technical advisory tasks related to independent and owners engineering services, which may include
- Technical Due Diligence processes, involving technology and design review, project contracts review and financial model.
- Owners Engineering services focus on detail design review and construction supervision.
- Project construction monitoring and on-site inspections.
- Root cause analysis.
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the Solar Business
We are looking for an ambitious and knowledgeable Service Manager Windows Backend (AD and email) located in Oslo / Norway. This role related to Windows Services in DNV’s hybrid model (on premise AD, Azure AD, O365 and other Cloud based Services) is a key role developing the DNV IT platform further whilst delivering excellent and secure IT services to DNV. You will work in close interaction with our global IT organization and business stakeholders. DNV has a Digitalization Strategy driving towards Cloud Services with Security excellence as basic condition.
Your key tasks and deliveries:
We expect a leading member of our Windows team to have an in depth (Senior Engineer level) understanding of Windows Services in the Hybrid setup regarding operational, security and architectural aspects. The key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the Virtual Team Windows AD and email (with 12 members across the globe) regarding operational Windows Services delivery as well as contribution to Projects.
- Be the Group Lead for the colleagues the Høvik / Norway and Gdynia / Poland based Windows backend team (6 people)
- Work closely with other virtual teams in GSS IT in order to deliver and improve the operational IT Services in the Windows Backend scope – but also other IT Infrastructure Services
- Actively Participate in development activities in the Cloud Infrastructure scope
- Be an Advisor and Consultant for the DNV Business and IT Colleagues regarding their requirements and solutions in the hybrid setup
- Be part of the CSIRT activities related to Windows Services
We are looking for a capable and highly motivated engineer with a sound knowledge of wind turbine design (or related fields) who will provide dedicated software product support on engineering topics to our existing users, and to the Bladed development team.
Bladed provides worldwide wind turbine and component manufacturers, certification agencies, design consultants and research organisations with a design tool that has been extensively validated against measured data from a wide range of turbines. It is the global industry-leading wind turbine design tool.
We are seeking an engineer who is able to build excellent relationships with customers by providing a high-quality product support service (including training) on engineering topics, and actively contribute to enhancing our online support experience. The successful applicant will also support the Bladed development team by carrying out testing and analysis relating to new software features.
As a member of the Bladed team the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary (software and engineering) product support team by providing engineering analysis and product knowledge support to customers
- Build an understanding of the software usage through support work and customer interaction in order to contribute to the software development roadmap
- Provide Bladed training for customers
- Travel to customer offices within China to support training and sales activities
- Contribute to the online documentation and support customer experience
- Provide expert testing and analysis of new Bladed engineering developments
- High-quality technical support with strong customer focus
- Helping maintain and improve links between customers and the development team in Bristol
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Medical Doctor to perform assessment and review of clinical data of medical devices according to the requirements given in the European Medical Device Regulation, and the process requirements given in DNV’s Quality Management System.
- Assessment and reporting on clinical aspects of manufacturers technical documentation according to the requirements given in the Medical Device Regulation and the process requirements given in DNV’s Quality Management System.
- Evaluation of the summary of safety and clinical performance reports for high risk medical devices.
- Review of periodic safety update reports
- Communication and follow-up of external clinical experts.
- Communication with the customers, technical assessors with regards to requirements, status and clinically relevant aspects
- Plan and execute assessment of clinical data as required, within agreed timescales and economic budget.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit technical and experienced Non-Active Medical Device Assessors. The successful candidates will be responsible for assessments against the manufacturing of medical devices, in accordance with MDR 745/2017, enabling the delivery of assessment and certification services that meet customer requirements and appropriate accreditation standards.
- Conduct assessments (either desk-based or on client’s sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Conduct Technical File reviews specific for products being authorized.
- Complete all chargeable work within the required budget and timeframes to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
- Complete specific projects in relation to medical device procedures, processes, systems and documentation as requested by the Medical Devices Operations Manager.
- If required, undertake reviews of packs and make certification decisions within target timescales and in line with DNV policies and accreditation/approval requirements.
- Project manage auditing teams, as appropriate, to maximize efficiencies, enhance client satisfaction and ensure compliance with standards.
DNV Digital Solutions business area is seeking a Sales Coordinator to our EMEA Pipeline and Plant solutions sales team, to be based in our office in Marseille. This team is responsible for selling all software solutions and related services into our target markets.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Coordinating contracts for existing customers by:
- Creating leads and opportunities
- Creating work items for estimation
- Creating and sending contracts to clients
- Following up with clients and PM
- Serving as a main contact point for the Estimation team and Resource coordinator.
- Updating OPP to closed won / lost
- Coordinating contracts for new customers by assist Sales Managers with contracts
- Assisting Sales Managers with bid coordination
- Coordinating public training courses by:
- Planning training dates (together with TCPL): What, Where and When
- Publishing training calendar online
- Booking venues
- Coordinating registrations
- Delivering participant list to trainer
- Sending course instruction to participants
- Preparing certificates
- Printing and sending training documentation/preparing USB's
- Sending Qualtrics Link to participants
- Registering participants into CRM to reflect participation
- Coordinating private courses by:
- Creating leads and OPPs
- Creating work items for estimation
- Creating and sending contracts to clients
- Following up with clients and PM
- Updating OPP to closed won
- Creating participant list
- Updating OPP with participant names
- Sending survey link to participants
The Consultant shall be responsible for providing a variety of solar energy-related consulting services associated with
- PPA, EPC and O&M contract reviews
- Technology review
- Site assessments
- Technology evaluation and risk assessment
- EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring;
- Technical report writing
- Business development activities including
- Manage and develop customer relationships of lenders, developers, funds and investors.
- Understand their development and investment plans and discuss services that would best suit their requirements in markets that they are investing.
- Establish customer relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the solar industry.
The Approval organization within Maritime Ship Classification consists of Approval Centre Norway (Høvik and Ålesund), Approval Centre Germany (Hamburg) and Approval Centre Poland (Gdynia). Total number of employees is ~430 with the two bigger units in Norway and Germany, and a smaller unit in Poland. The main delivery from the Approval organization is approval, verification, and certification services for different maritime related assets, mainly newbuildings, systems and components.
The Approval organization in DNV is driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the Approval organization you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
We are seeking two skillful, curious, and agile Document Controllers in our Pre-contract and Project Management section located in Gdynia, Poland. You will be part of our cross-border team of highly qualified colleagues, who are responsible for digital distribution of technical drawings within the maritime approval organization
As a part of our team you will be involved in our main deliveries and responsibilities, such as:
- Support and assist the project management team, approval experts and our customers
- Perform administrative evaluation of technical documentation received from the customer
- Identify technical disciplines, multidiscipline content, and check if the received documentation is within the agreed scope.
- Check that document quality corresponds with the DNV Maritime Production Platform which is constantly under development
- Distribute evaluated technical documents within global DNV organization
- Actively cooperate and communicate in a multicultural cross-borders team
Do you love to analyze marketing data, build customer personas, and create marketing campaigns that will drive business growth and enhance reputations? Are you passionate about renewable energy and sustainability and want to help companies find solutions to create a greener world? DNV is looking for a seasoned Field Marketer that can effectively communicate DNV ’s solutions and capabilities and create revenue opportunities.
As an integral part of the Energy Systems North America regional field marketing team, you will develop and refine marketing strategies, set SMART marketing targets, and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns based on market data and customer analytics that will drive lead generation and revenue. You will identify, prioritize, and manage marketing activities including email, social media, content development, and events that will contribute to the goals and KPIs of the business and the marketing team. This position can be remote from continental U.S.
This position will report to the Regional Communications Manager as part of the global Energy Systems Marketing Communications team.
Tasks May Include
- Be a professional advisor to the business and collaborate closely with business leaders to develop, implement, and measure dynamic and effective marketing campaigns
- Understand market conditions and identify customer challenges to effectively communicate solutions by developing and defining optimal, strategies, messages, and tactics.
- Able to define, plan, and execute cross-channel campaigns, especially for social media and digital platforms
- Apply account-based marketing techniques to a key account or customer portfolio
- Monitor and report on project KPIs to measure marketing ROI
- Tailor global brand campaigns for regional use
- Assure quality by understanding and applying global brand standards
- Promote cross-selling and include relevant services from other markets, customer segments, and business units where appropriate
- Manage the budget for activities as part of the larger regional marketing & communication budget
- Work with the Event Manager to develop and implement strategy for events (virtual or in person) to ensure ROI and lead generation
The Portuguese office is one of DNV’s chapters in Iberia, serving not only the Iberian market but also Latin America and Africa. Although, the actual physical location of DNV in Portugal entails people providing services for the Energy and Maritime businesses, originally the Energy team worked in a distinct location in Lisbon, being part of former KEMA. The energy practice was launched in 2008, already in straight collaboration with the Madrid office, with the main goal of supplying technical advisory services for the Portuguese market, in particular to EDP, the Portuguese DSO, and main generation company, and REN, the Portuguese TSO and system operator. The team was composed of local people that had worked in KEMA headquarters at Arnhem, The Netherlands, and other consultants and engineers that have had experience in other KEMA offices (e.g.: Bonn), international organizations, and/or have a good knowledge of the electricity sector in Portugal. Over the years, the team gained an international dimension and has worked with key players in Spain such as Naturgy, Iberdrola, REE, and Acciona and has also achieved several references in Latin America, providing very relevant assistance to players such as Energisa in Brazil or the Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional in Chile. On a less regular basis, the teamwork outside its native region, engaging in projects for the network operators in Portuguese spoken African countries, such as Angola and Mozambique. Outside Portuguese/Spanish speaking countries, the team has experience with working on projects in the Middle East, in particular in Dubai and Oman.
- Direct Project work. As part of the daily work and after proper training, it is expected that the Engineer will be involved in engineering and advisory tasks for Energy, mainly Solar projects.
- Technical due diligence processes focused on system electrical design review, main equipment review, project contracts review and financial model review.
- Owners engineering services focus on detail electrical design review and construction supervision.
- Project construction monitoring and on-site inspection;
- Operational data analytics to assess project performance trends and component behavior; and
- Site inspections for root cause analytics.
- Project Management. The Senior Engineer will coordinate and manage internal resources for the execution of projects and ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget, as well as meeting Customers’ expectations in terms of quality.
- Business Development. As part of the Energy Team, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for tracking business opportunities, market intelligence, develop services according to Industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with a focus on the Portuguese Energy market.
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the solar business.
As an Independent Wind Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical reports and consulting relating to due-diligence, bankability reviews, construction monitoring and other services for onshore wind turbine technologies. Billability targets will be established on an annual basis taking into account the level of effort required for high value non-billable activities.
The ideal candidate should be an engineer/consultant with a solid educational background in and strong affinity to renewable energies and minimum 2 years of professional experience in wind energy field, wanting to apply his or her technical skills to a rapidly growing and prospering renewable energy technology consulting field.
You will be responsible for providing project deliverables on time and under budget and to the high-quality standards of DNV GL. The candidate will also be responsible for Client interactions, including technical review and discussion and review of project deliverables, in addition to providing support in resolving project-related issues. DNV GL applies the seller-doer principle, meaning that the technical staff is also responsible to a certain degree for business development and sales.
Candidates need to have an understanding and working experience with wind turbine systems including the corresponding infrastructure. Typical duties may include:
- Technical review and consulting;
- Preparation of technical reports for Customers;
- Support the preparation of offers and tenders;
- Conduct site visits and construction monitoring activities;
- Participate in wind projects due diligences,
- Project responsibility;
- Support in and administration of project-documentation;
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary;
- Completing projects in budget, time and quality;
- Attending meetings with Clients;
- Assuming business development and sales tasks;
- Support teamwork throughout the immediate and greater organization, including international projects.