DNV GL – Business Assurance is seeking a Aerospace Auditor, Aerospace Quality Management Systems to join our team.
- Perform 3rd party AS9100/9110/9120 audits for South Asia customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Provide customers with timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of conformity / implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Maintain appropriate auditor credentials / qualifications and pursue advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Contribute to the growth and development of a world-class, industry-leading auditing team
- Conducting AS9100, AS9110 & AS9120 Foundation Training and AS Internal auditor course
- Provide sales support when required
Are you eager to learn about globally standardized data communication protocols that enable smart grids and are key for the interoperability between devices in the power industry? Apply now and become our new colleague!
In a typical energy IT environment, several components and devices from different manufacturers have to interoperate flawlessly. Communication standards are a basic requirement to realize open infrastructures and device interoperability. Energy companies often require that a product passes a conformance test before they will proceed to purchase. The test will reveal any interpretation problems and bugs in the software at an early stage (before implementation on the customer’s site). In DNV GL’s experience, more than 90 percent of devices fail the first test. It has been proven that using certified products significantly reduces communication problems when a device enters service.
In Arnhem we operate the world’s first accredited IEC 61850 level A test lab and within DNV GL we are the centre of excellence on data communication protocols. Also externally our lab is recognized as leading the industry, this is shown in the higher number of tests/year compared to our direct competition. To keep up with market demand, we’re looking for a Protocol Test Engineer to strengthen our team.
As a Protocol Test Engineer you perform interoperability and conformance tests on products to analyze and determine if they confirm with globally standardized communication protocols, such as IEC 61850 and DNP3.0. Our customers are either manufacturers who require their products to be tested, or utilities who are applying those products in their grid. You will execute the tests, with test tools that are developed by DNV GL, in our Arnhem lab or at the customer site. Next to working with our test tools, it is also possible to play a role in the development of our test tools.
Based on your background, experience and ambition, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Protocol Test Engineer you will first learn about all the protocols, then execute tests together with colleagues and eventually you will be responsible for executing interoperability and conformance tests by yourself.
And also you will:
- Support with the development of proposals.
- Write test reports
- Remain in close contact with your customers during the execution of a test
- Maintain our quality systems
- Contribute to the development of current and new services
DNV GL- Energy’s Intelligent Networks & Communication (INC) section offers business and technical advisory and test services to national and international Transmission System Operators, Distribution Network Operators as well as technology providers. This team supports our customers with the transition towards the smart grid. One of the standards that will facilitate the transition towards smarter grids is the IEC 61850 standard, together with other important standards and protocols like IEC 60870-5-101/104 and DLMS. DNV GL is the global thought leader in providing software test tools and test services for these standards and also provides related advisory services and trainings.
As a Junior Software Engineer / Developer you will develop and maintain the DNV GL test tool software. In addition, you will be trained in the aforementioned standards and the Quality Assurance guidelines (test procedures, test cases, etc.).
You will be working in a small team or individually on client-oriented solutions with a commercial approach in the customer’s organization. The work will be carried out in the Netherlands (software development) and internationally (when required by customers) in collaboration with both DNV GL and clients’ experts and consultants.
The position allows you to acquire detailed knowledge that might be leveraged towards advisory projects or further training.
We are looking for a R&D Certification Technician in our office in Madrid, Spain. This offering covers for a determined period of time.
The major areas of responsibility are:
- Operational management of R & D projects for its Certification
- Search and qualification of technical experts
- Keep update on new procedure
- Respect the deadlines of each activity.
DNV GL Energy in France has been advising developers, owners, operators and financiers of renewable energy projects, specifically in onshore and offshore wind, solar, storage and electricity networks, to enhance our customers' projects, technology and operations.
DNV GL is now recruiting four (4) Renewable Energy Engineers with some prior knowledge in renewable electricity generation, transport, storage or use, specifically related to wind and solar systems.
The roles are based in Paris (75013) and focus on French and francophone markets. The successful applicants will work with the local team and colleagues around the globe to provide energy consulting services.
If you enjoy the diversity of an international team, a flat company hierarchy and independent working in a French/English environment, this role may be for you!
Team members provide technical advice to customers throughout the energy value chain. The responsibilities will be aligned with the applicant’s prior experience and work preferences and may include:
- Follow market trends and define service offerings for customers in the energy domain, drawing from DNV GL's service portfolio
- Analyse resource and performance data of wind and solar farms and gradually move these services onto digital platforms
- Carry out conceptual engineering for energy projects such as storage and hybrid applications
- Identify potential transactions, prepare offers and contribute to due diligence projects
- Manage risks of projects and assets, e.g. in offshore wind developments or electricity networks
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Founded in 1863 and currently operating in more than 100 countries, our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers in the maritime, oil & gas, energy and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener. DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. DNV GL is the world’s largest provider of independent renewable energy advice. We take pride in investing 5% of our revenue in research and development. We are at the forefront of embracing technological advancement like AI, big data analytics, machine learning and digitalisation in areas we operate in. Please refer our website for further details www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL-Energy, Bangalore office is looking for a bright and passionate Senior Data Scientist to be a part of Technology and Innovation team. (S)he will be instrumental in identifying and developing advanced analytics statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions to improve our existing services and eventually help the team create new avenues of services.
In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section- Technology & Innovation.
- Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
- Traits for being updated, organised, taking risk, integrity and collaborating in groups.
- You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast changing business and technological environment.
The individual role in
- Work with other team members in the area of renewable advisory to gain technical expertise in the sector
- End to end modelling using machine learning techniques in R or python with good working knowledge of various packages.
- Analyse unstructured and structured big data; architect data intelligence tools to extract intelligent business information; architect big data structures
- Well versed in probability, statistics and applied mathematics; conceptualise, develop and test various statistical models successfully.
- Design and develop machine learning algorithms
- Find avenues and scope of improvements in delivery of existing services, and implement them through internal projects in close collaboration with larger energy advisory team.
- Engage in DNV GL’s various global innovation projects and initiatives, and ensure that new solutions are developed and implemented in Indian region.
- Work in close collaboration with experienced global pool of Data Scientists in Europe and North America; Explore opportunities on experience exchange with the global team through secondments to overseas offices.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Actively participate in the ongoing global energy transition, and contribute in shaping the future of energy.
- Mentoring and training of other employees
- Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members attain their potential
- Participate in R&D projects and contribute to publishing of journal papers.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
DNV GL Energy delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain. Our expertise spans gas and electricity production, network and storage infrastructure, sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support industry operators, regulators and policy makers around the globe.
Find out more about our energy Storage unit at: DNV GL - Storage
As a consultant for Energy Storage:
You will be a key person in driving the development of our energy storage business in your Region, interacting with customers and working internally with colleagues to win and deliver new projects.
Working with a wide range of customers and internal staff you will grow your skills as you work on securing storage projects either on your own or as part of a larger team, drawing on the expertise of highly technical individuals.
Your primary challenges will be:
- Business development for energy storage services:
- Working with regional Business Lead and senior consultants on business development, focusing on Spain, Portugal and LATAM, but frequently including international opportunities as well
- Leading proposal development to win new projects, supported by junior and senior colleagues
- Conceiving and developing new services
- Extending our external network and finding project opportunities
- Content contributions to energy-storage-related projects depending on customer needs and your background and preferences
- Managing smaller and larger energy storage related projects
- Participation in professional bodies such as trade associations or technical committees Tracking and responding to new industry/market developments
- Establishing tender and pricing methodology including analysis in the region including Greater China, South Korea and Japan
- Define main procurement category(s) in the region including initiating project, implementation, cost control, etc.
- Responsible for tracking of spend patterns for Contracted Categories to reach annual cost savings targets
- Vendor management and vendor compliance with DNV GL Standards through vendor scorecards, business reviews, contract compliance and other key metrics to ensure objectives are being met
- Category & contract management to ensure value is being delivered to the business under the Vendor Agreements
- Support of global procurement projects
- Spend and savings management of current contracts
- Consult and advice to BA managers in the region
- Insurance certificate management and support
- Analysis of current spend to identify areas of opportunities
DNV GL Business Assurance, Region Asia & Pacific, India and Middle East comprises of 370+ employees operating in 6 main Geographies, i.e. Korea, Japan, Australia, South East Asia, India and Middle East.
DNV GL Business Assurance Singapore and Malaysia are comprised of about 20+ full time employees and more than 50+ subcontractors. We are currently looking for a successful candidate to take on the Operations Manager role. The Operations Manager is part of the SEA Management Team and reports to the Country Representative, SEA. This role is responsible for driving and achieving business results through people.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading a highly professional team of individuals and will be responsible for all matters concerning Operations i.e. Quality, Technical and Resource Planning Activities in Singapore and Malaysia. He/she will also be responsible for initiating, driving and implementing change projects within operations to ensure simplification, improved operational efficiency and effectiveness. He/She will also be responsible for the financial performance of the unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading, developing and driving the Operations Team activities in Singapore and Malaysia;
- Support the market growth by assisting the sales / marketing teams in approaching existing or new customers and building the DNV GL brand and services by providing the operations expertise;
- Project Management of new contracts or existing contracts by working with global teams and implementing global contracts;
- Project Management of new internal systems, programmes and initiatives to ensure successful roll out;
- Ensuring that the audit data in the system is correct and updated in Concert, TEAM, e-LOF, and other systems;
- Manage and develop the Operations team by mentoring and coaching less experienced members;
- Support the digitalisation transformation and initiatives;
- Ad hoc reporting and other related activities
DNV GL – Digital Solutions’ Electric Grid Ecosystems Software group is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. The Software Developer will work with a collaborative team of digital craftspeople to develop, enhance, and deliver industry-leading applications to customers in the electric power industry. This position is based out of our Corvallis, OR office.
Tasks May Include
- Working creatively with domain experts and users to build innovative, exceptional cloud-based solutions
- Writing browser-based application front end code or microservices back end code, or both (full stack)
- Writing behavioral unit / integration tests
- Working with source code management, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Building and/or using application performance & health monitoring tools to support development, test and production use
- Working with a team of independent test engineers to troubleshoot and fix issues that arise
DNV GL – Digital Solutions’ Electric Grid Ecosystems group is seeking a Software Test Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of our Corvallis, OR office.
Tasks May Include
- Learn DevOps and automated testing for future of Electric Grid Ecosystem operations on Azure.
- Take direction from Test Manager and Test Team on reported problem, potential causes and troubleshoot the issue
- Write up defects in defect tracking system
- Communicate with Test and Development Team on defect findings
- Basic database skills including SQL
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Testing: unit, regression, and acceptance
- Experience in writing and executing automated and manual test
- Ability to do documentation review and edits
- Report to Test Manager on daily activities
Job location - Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai
- Oversee the planning, execution and reporting for multiple SOC 1 / SOC 2/ attestation reports
- Conduct assessment, review reports and attest reports for SOC1/SOC2 and together with ISO 27001.
- Evaluate SOC 1 / SOC 2 results and obtain formal management responses
- Respond to client inquiries on SOC 1 / SOC 2 scope and results.
- Participate in client presentations, as required.
- Attend status meetings and liaise with prospective clients and business unit management to achieve project milestones.
- Participate in various SOC 1 / SOC 2 strategic initiatives.
- Support to achieve business results
DNV GL Business Assurance Group (DNV GL BAG) is part of DNV GL group providing Certification, Training and assessment services. Major service lines include Management System Certification, Training, product certification, Assessments, supply chain assessments.
DNV GL operates in regions globally. The position is based in Middle East Business Unit office in Dubai within Asia, Pacific, India & Middle East region.
DNV GL BAG has ambitions to establish a foot print in product assurance service offerings in Middle East countries as part its service expansion beyond Management System certification.
Aims of this position is to create market and customers for DNV GL BAG in Middle East from its global service portfolio related to product assurance in construction products, electrotechnical equipment, Ex equipment, mechanical equipment, and pressure equipment. Manage the service delivery directly and with other resources while developing local resources for service delivery. Candidate need to be self-driven and motivated person to achieve goals and objectives, Candidate shall maintain high integrity and conformity to quality of services of DNV GL.
The position will need extensive travel within the country and within Middle East by road or air as required.
- Create and establish product assurance service line of BAG business area
- Marketing activities to attract prospective customers who require certification of construction products, electrotechnical equipment, medical devices, hazardous area equipment, mechanical equipment, and pressure equipment.
- Business development and sales for service diversification beyond Management System
- Create sales pipeline, convert sales enquiries into contracts in product assurance offering of DNV GL BAG
- Deliver inspections and product assurance activities
- Manage the Product Assurance service portfolio to ensure revenue targets are achieved
- Develop sales plans and forecast analysing the market’s needs and expectations. Achieve defined yearly KPIs
- Ensuring that sales actions are carried out by developing contacts and approaching new potential markets.
- Delivery a high quality and competitive Certification Service.
- Be the primary contact for product assurance enquiries in Middle East.
- Responsible for Quotation, inter-office coordination for delivering complex projects
- Interact with global DNV GL offices on product assurance service technical matters and business development.
- Manage customer relations related to work performance, customer complaints and feedbacks.
- Ensure all work process in country is in line with DNV GL Management Systems and certification procedures.
DNV GL – Business Assurance is seeking a Strategic Resourcing Specialist to join our team. Business Assurance utilizes an expansive network of independent contractors to complement our fleet of auditors who deliver certification and assurance services to clients throughout the North America region. Our auditors maintain a high level of competence in delivering services. The Strategic Resourcing Specialist will achieve a full understanding of the industry and contribute to the success of building a resource network. This position is based out of our Katy, TX U.S. Headquarters.
Tasks May Include
- Proactively gain understanding of governing requirements within competence process
- Contribute to the continued growth and success of Business Assurance by working to secure contractors who reflect the values of DNV GL and deliver high-quality results to our clients
- Respond to resource planning and procurement requests related to subcontractor acquisition and utilization
- Network extensively throughout the subcontract auditor community in North America; identify, filter, develop, maintain, and secure relationships resulting in business-to-business engagements with subcontractors who deliver services across all industry verticals served
- Engage with Hiring Managers, Operations personnel, and HR to understand current and future business needs requiring subcontractor resources; plan and execute campaigns and consistent activities designed to fulfill these needs with minimal lead time, optimal efficiency, and maximum quality
- Recommend, implement, manage, and maintain relevant infrastructure resources to optimize efficiency of processing and record-keeping, while maintaining strict compliance with all relevant legal and DNV GL procurement, data handling, and confidentiality requirements
- Contribute to growing the onboarding program for Business Assurance and facilitate delivery to all levels of employee and contractor
- Engage and support managers and account representatives to gain results based on utilization, resourcing, and development of auditors
- Develop method to determine capacity needs by working closely with operations manager and key stakeholders
- Skillfully maneuver through qualification process to maximize auditor industry experience and present development to appropriate managers
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a dynamic and experienced HR Business Partner, reporting directly to the North America Regional HR Manager (RHRM). Working alongside other seasoned HR, QHSE experts, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for developing and implementing various projects providing strategic support on core HR initiatives such as Leadership and Talent Development, Competence Assessment and Development, Performance Management, Succession and Workforce planning and Culture Assessment and Development. The HR Business Partner will also provide front line support to an assigned business line(s), aligning business objectives between employees and management, all to fulfill the company’s overarching purpose to safeguard life, property and the environment.
This position will preferably be based in one of the following DNV GL offices: Chalfont, PA; Katy, TX; Medford, MA, Oak Brook, IL.
Tasks May Include
Provide strategic support to the various business lines on core HR initiatives, such as:
- Leadership and Talent Development; Competence Assessment and Development; High Performance & Commercial Mindset
- Performance Management, Succession and Workforce planning (provide coaching and counseling to managers on performance process/goals setting/continued feedback, succession and retention plans, etc.)
- Culture Assessment and Development (identify trends and implement initiatives geared toward improving the company culture)
- Support the delivery of ad-hoc HR projects in conjunction with the business area and RHRM
- Assist in facilitating business change initiatives (e.g. policies, transfers, reorganizations and restructures)
- Participate in training needs analysis with managers, coordinate, deliver, evaluate and monitor training programs
- Cultivate strong relationships with DNV GL Global HR community
- Maintain good knowledge of US legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees; partner with internal Legal and/or Employee Relations departments to assist managers addressing compliance issues. Knowledge of Canadian labor law a plus.
- Analyze HR data trends/metrics and inform business decisions on policies, programs, etc.
- Serve as the interface between business lines and global shared services teams to facilitate day-to-day business interactions and ensure that targeted solutions are being presented and implemented
- Work with Compensation experts to develop relevant salary market data for all positions
- Provide HR policies guidance and interpretation
- May be involved in Quality and/or QHSE initiatives, committees and reporting, as required
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Advisory team is actively looking for an Head of Section, Environmental and Permitting Services (EPS). (Head of Section might be considered Director-level). This position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the EPS discipline, including all technical, commercial, R&D, and human resources activities. The DNV GL EPS Team undertakes development activies including site selection, site characterization, technical studies, wildlife studies, federal, state, and local permit documentation preparation and management, stakeholder engagement, compliance tracking, and operational support for onshore and offshore wind farms, solar facilities, and energy storage projects. The DNV GL EPS team also plays a key role in supporting project financing and M&A activities, as well as serving as an expert witness periodically.
The Head of Section reports to the Head of Department, Project Development and Engineering Services and provides regular updates on the business activity of the EPS section. The Head of Section is responsible for the commerical and strategic direction of the EPS Teeam, and primary responsibilities include maintaining consistent work products, final technical approval of all EPS reports/deliverables, establishing and planning the EPS organizational structure and delivery model, setting R&D priorities, attending stakeholder engagement sessions, planning and approving staff recruitment, coordination of business activity and strategy across departments/disciplines with other section heads, approving staff performance reviews and setting staff salaries/compensation, maintaining key client relationships in line with core company strategy, and setting EPS department budgets. The Head of Section should have expert knowledge of environmental assessment regulatory frameworks in most jurisdictions in North America (and global knowledge of renewable energy markets would be a plus), thorough understanding of permitting processes, exceptional commercial awareness and business acumen, and excellent organizational and management capabilities.
This position may be located in San Diego, Houston, Chicago, Boston, or any DNV GL office in the United States; remote locations will also be considered.
Tasks May Include
Operations, Business Development and Project Delivery (65% of working hours)
- Establish and plan EPS section’s organization structure and delivery model, subject to approval from Head of Department
- Setting EPS section’s budgets, including:
- Revenue targets
- Annual expenses
- Conference participation
- R&D budgets
- IT equipment, software, and field equipment budgets;
- Coordinate workload and staff resources to minimize bottlenecks and optimize responsiveness;
- Maintain work product quality and consistency across entire EPS section;
- Perform final approval of all deliverables, unless appropriately delegated;
- Coordinate the overall execution of mandates by making optimal use of our multidisciplinary technical & scientific resources (internal and external) working in a matrix structure;
- Coordinating the work of available resources and external experts in charge of specialized aspects of environmental impact studies;
- Organizing consulting activities with different stakeholder groups, including regulatory agencies, local communities and Tribes/First Nations;
- Establish and maintain sustainable relationships and good communication with clients, vendors, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders;
- Coordinate business strategy with other department heads and support other departments (e.g. Project Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions department) in completing multidisciplinary deliverables;
- Final approval of proposals and bids;
- Promote new EPS section services and cross-sell other DNV GL services to clients;
- Oversee list of EPS section’s clients in order to maintain good client relationships, identify and prioritize key clients, and pursue new clients.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion, review, and approval of time sheets and WIP reports.
Business growth and R&D (10%)
- Plan the business growth by proactively analyzing and monitoring the staff headcounts versus business outlook;
- Set R&D priorities and direct R&D activity for the EPS section;
- Give technical presentations and participate in panel discussions at industry workshops and conferences;
- Support EPS Team Leaders to select and propose staff for R&D activity and participation in industry workshops and conferences.
Staff development and human resources (15%)
- Direct training and staff development for the EPS section;
- Set coordination meetings and communications with the respective team(s);
- Define job position descriptions, perform recruitment, and review and interview applicants;
- Establish and review salaries for all EPS section’s staff;
- Supervise annual performance reviews of department.
- Coordinate workshops/action plans following the annual PEP survey.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (also known as QHSE) (10%)
- Implement and adhere to the DNV GL system for quality management, including liaising with QHSE leadership on developing procedures, instructions, guidelines, and checklists in order to ensure quality of services produced in the EPS section.
- Ensure that personnel are aware of the QHSE procedures and the importance of their contribution to the achievement of quality objectives.
- Identify and implement preventive and corrective actions in response to deviations, observations and nonconformities as relevant to Head of Section responsibilities and tasks.
- Follow-up on incidents, hazards and occupational health issues, including implementation of appropriate actions.
DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use is seeking a Customer Acquisition Manager - to join our Program Development and Implementation (PDI) team. The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring energy efficiency projects into the business programs, overseeing outreach strategies and tactics, leading a team of outreach individuals, delivering on gas and electric energy savings targets, and ensuring that business customers are satisfied with their experience in our program. This position will be based out of our Okemos, MI office.
Tasks May Include
- Promote and sell the business energy efficiency programs by identifying and managing opportunities in targeted industries and geographies
- Successfully and professionally manage the customer engagement and recruitment process and outreach team in accordance with company systems and policies
- Responsible for energy efficiency project forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Consistently building and delivering an accurate opportunity pipeline
- Assisting with executing short and long-range customer recruitment and marketing plans
- Actively engage with the Outreach team and other colleagues, sharing knowledge and ideas in support of innovation and customer success.
- Support and promote established relationships with industry and solution partners to maximize energy efficiency project implementation and sustain a leading position in the market
- Gather intelligence and obtain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the client's business issues and challenges
- Use the CRM tool to manage and record all stages of the energy efficiency project implementation cycle
- Develop and mentor the outreach team and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
- Participate in global sales team gatherings and sales initiatives
- Other sales and business development activities as required, in support of program strategies and goals
DNVGL Business Assurance North America is seeking a Sector Lead for our Management System Certification service line for TL9000 scheme. As third-party certification body, we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications to guarantee the quality of their products.
Tasks May Include
- Support and maintain TL9000 scheme globally through interaction with Telephone Industry Association (TIA)
- Perform technical reviews of certification proposals and certificate decisions
- Perform 3rd-party TL9000 audits for clients in the Americas
- Support sales and business development for new or existing clients seeking TL9000 certification
- Contribute to the growth and development of a world-class, industry-leading auditing team
The energy landscape is in transition. But the rate at which it will do so, and with what means, are a matter of contention, and that creates a large source of uncertainty for many of our customers.
We focus on five market challenges that drive our customers: Increase of Power Transmission, Increase in Renewables, Digital Transformation, Decentralization, and Optimizing Networks & Aging Assets. As an independent and trustworthy partner we support our customers for each of these challenges with decision making and managing risks in balancing the Energy Trilemma of affordability, sustainability and reliability.
Want to join us and help balance the Energy Trilemma? We are looking for a Technical Consultant with a background in Electrical Engineering, Electric Power Engineering, Energy, Power Systems, or similar.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
As a Technical Consultant you will be working in projects for our customers and contribute to the success of our team. We aim to perform most of our projects in-house. You will also help identify market opportunities, develop our existing services and establish new services.
In doing so, you will:
- Develop your knowledge on the Energy System.
- Develop new tools or models, e.g. to optimize contribution to frequency control.
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high-quality reports and commercial offers.
- Be given the opportunity and guidance to grow to a consulting role where you execute, lead and sell projects.
The consultancy projects typically consist of:
- Theoretical studies and investigations, mainly related to:
- power system analysis
- energy efficiency
- fault clearance
- power electronics
- Measurements and validation
- Courses and education at universities and companies.
- Project Management.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
In the Hamburg based Section “Project Management and Technical Advisory Services” we support our clients by either directly integrating into our customers’ project organization or provide technical support with our broad service portfolio closely working together with other offices in DNV GL.
To grow our portfolio of advisory services within Oil & Gas Germany, we are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer. Always keeping in mind to deliver our services to our customers’ full satisfaction, the candidate should be motivated to support our business process from sales to billing in a self-driven and commercially oriented manner also developing new and existing clients with focus on areas/countries in our responsibility. While integrating well into our existing team you should be keen on reaching out to DNV GL’s network and to provide our services in cooperation with other sections in Hamburg as well as the various offices within our region and global organization.
Provide own technical expertise to consult clients in staying on top of their challenges throughout the entire value chain. The Candidate shall focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Mid- and downstream of gas value chain (gas transport / pipeline, underground storage and/or local distribution networks) including planning to construction / commissioning and/or operation
- Asset Integrity Management, condition monitoring, life time investigation and/or risk based inspection
- Technical due diligence services and asset valuation
- Failure investigation (RCA)
- Consultancy for process, operation and repair services (e.g. in the petrochemical, process and/ or power industry)
- Sales and marketing activities (incl. publications & conferences)