Company: DNV GL
Job Title: Senior Renewable Energy Analyst ID 2019-12817
Job area: Energy, Engineering
Job Location: Bristol BS2 0PS, United Kingdom
Posted: 05th of July 2019
Closing Date: 2nd of August 2019
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future.
The Renewable Energy Analytics team provides a range of data analysis services and products that span the entire wind or solar project lifecycle. These services are based on over 30 years’ experience and more than 300 GW of projects. Our recognised excellence and independence makes us the preferred consultancy of many industry players. The multidisciplinary team is composed of about 45 engineers and analysts, responsible for providing consultancy services for pre-construction and operational renewables assets. Services include pre and post construction energy assessments, site meteorological conditions assessments, online meteorological data management, measurement campaign specifications, performance monitoring, reliability analysis, day ahead forecasting and turbine inspections.
Our customers are developers, banks, investment firms, utilities, energy traders and independent owners and operators. Geographically the team is primarily focused on the Northern European, Middle East and Africa markets, but also serving global markets for day-ahead forecasting and WindGEMINI (online digital twin) services.
We are now looking to expand our team with the recruitment senior engineer/ analyst. The successful applicant will undertake wind energy assessments and site meteorological conditions work for both onshore and offshore wind farms at the pre-construction and post-construction stage. This will involve analysis of high resolution meteorological data, assessment of SCADA and other wind farm datasets, and writing high quality reports.
The objective of the work is to enable customers, and interested third parties, to understand the expected energy output of a project and optimise its performance.
This is full time position. Working hours are flexible, with starting times between 8.00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., 37.5h per week, Monday - Friday.
Duties will include:
- Undertake pre or post-construction energy production assessments which include the following:
- wind data or turbine data processing and quality checking
- correlation analysis
- wind flow and wake modelling
- review of energy losses
- statistical analysis
- report writing
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also a review of:
- extreme wind speed
- ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity
- wind shear
- temperature range
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which may include:
- feasibility studies
- site meteorological measurements
- shadow flicker assessments
- noise modelling
- visual impact assessments
- Short-term forecasting
- SCADA analysis
- Monitoring the performance of operating wind farms for owners and lenders
- Proposal writing
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
You want to take on a challenge? You want to be part of a dedicated team with a high supportive team spirit? Prove your skills and hand in your application.
We are looking for developers to grow our existing team in the maritime software business in Rostock. You will be part to develop, document and test new features into our software package.
- A positively rated onboarding plan and training concept for our used technology.
- A flex-time account with the actual possibilities for taking overtime or use flexible working hours (family obligations are accepted).
- Working in a state-of-the-art office in Rostock with water view and good public transport connection.
- A highly motivated mixed team with experienced specialists and rookies; very good team cohesion and an open and positive failure/ feedback culture.
- A lived employee management concept with regular employee reviews and a transparent evaluation scheme.
- Existing career model, in which you can excel as specialist or evolve into a responsibility position.
- Language courses are offered, if necessary.
- 30 days holiday, 39 hours per week, company pension scheme and local works council.
Your tasks will be:
- Take part in the team meetings according to the agile development process (SCRUM).
- Contribute to the solution finding for developing new features according to customer wishes.
- Research and rectify reported Bugs from our customers as 3rd level support.
- Implement the new features using PowerBuilder (we provide training for this environment).
- Code the GUI in PowerBuilder (with PowerScript/ object-oriented scripts), write/ edit/ optimize SQL-queries for ASA and ORA databases.
- Document the programming changes and test against customer requirements.
We are seeking Specialist HR Direct for our Global Centre HR. Specialist HR Direct will be part of the HR Direct Team responsible for the delivery of day-to-day quality services to employees and line managers in one of the GSS HR Regions in Europe.
At the outset you will be engaged on challenging project work in HR Direct Team in Gdynia, further planning and maturing the concept and service delivery model within HR Direct services, including analysis and planning, process evaluation and design and data knowledge build up.
GreenPowerMonitor is an international company that offers products and services in the renewable energy sector, with a specific focus in the photovoltaic space. With more than 10 years’ experience, GreenPowerMonitor has consolidated its position as the independent leader in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy installations with more than 26GW globally managed and more than 4.000 facilities across the globe.
GreenPowerMonitor has a great depth of experience with renewable energy plants ranging from 2kW to 600 MW capacity across the globe. The company offers a market-leading integrated solution set for the management and maintenance of renewable energy installations that includes Hardware, Software and Services unmatched in the industry.
GreenPowerMonitor merged forces with DNV GL to make world safer, smarter, greener.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com and www.dnvgl.com
Are you interested in being part of the green and technological revolution? Do you consider yourself as passionate and customer focused as we are? Are you looking to be part of a Start-Up within a global group? In GreenPowerMonitor you can have the luck to find them all! In addition to the above, we have fun providing cutting-edge monitoring solutions for the renewable energy industry: join us!
GreenPowerMonitor is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our team in Barcelona. Your role will be to support, develop and implement marketing communication programs, deploy global campaigns locally and apply modern marketing and communication techniques.
- to lead social media activity to create higher brand awareness, thought leadership, improved relations and lead generation;
- to develop and execute an event program to support the business;
- to build a thought leadership position for GreenPowerMonitor by creating and maintaining effective content and marketing materials, together with experts and consultants;
- to design marketing material, prepare newsletter content and write press releases (with the support of global media and PR manager) as well as to drive digital media campaigns.
DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Use Group is seeking a Technical Sales Consultant to join our team. This position is based out of our Detroit, MI office. This role is considered to be a part of the Consulting Team and as such may support both DNV GL clients and internal projects in a variety of capacities, at the discretion of DNV GL management.
Tasks May Include
- Effectively communicates with trade allies & customers
- Leads large meetings, trainings and PR events
- Provides direction to junior team members
- Under direction of manager, assigns follows up on sub-tasks to junior team members
- Communicates with impact, authenticity and empathy
- Works under tight deadlines
- Brings competence and compliance with sales data tracking systems
- Identifies customers’ needs within a sales context
- Provides logistical support for marketing/sales meetings and events
- Provides resources and support for Trade Allies, contractors and customers
- Educates Trade Allies, contractors, and customers about the program
- Explains technical information for non-technical audiences
- Understands and appropriately applies local program policies
- Provides support and guidance to utility staff when educating assigned customers
DNV GL – Energy’s Sustainable Energy Use group is seeking a Senior Energy Engineer to join our Columbus, OH office in support of our energy efficiency implementation programs. This position will work in support of utility sponsored programs that encourage energy efficiency in commercial, industrial, schools and government buildings.
This position is based out of our Columbus, Ohio office.
Tasks May Include
- Lead a team of junior engineers and provide guidance in how to conduct energy and demand assessments of buildings and processes
- Interact with facility engineers / building managers to motivate them to implement energy efficiency upgrades in existing buildings.
- Perform customer focused, site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency opportunities involving industrial process equipment, such as pumps, fans and compressed air systems, complex central plant systems and advanced HVAC equipment
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Conduct customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment. Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Plan and deliver presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies, customers, clients, and others
- Conduct on-site energy assessments and analyze the energy performance of commercial buildings to determine cost-effective energy efficiency upgrades.
Brief Team and Position Summary
DNV GL – Maritime Region Americas is seeking a Senior Surveyor to join our West Coast operations in Vancouver, BC. As a fleet in service Senior Surveyor for the West Coast you will be member of a highly qualified team of surveyors and auditors serving the more traditional shipping segments calling ports along the BC Coast and performing equipment certification at manufacturer locations in British Columbia and Alberta.
Tasks May Include
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation always.
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner.
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of the organization.
- Exhibit customer-oriented focus through promoting DNV GL onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions.
DNV GL – Energy’s Energy Advisory group has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer for its Power System Advisory (PSA) Department. DNV GL-Energy’s PSA provides creative, cost effective and practical solutions to stakeholders in the power generation, transmission and distribution systems including ISOs/RTOs, power utilities, developers, asset owners and operators as well as investors. The Senior Engineer must have a demonstrated experience to perform power system studies such as Steady State, Dynamic Stability and Short Circuit studies. This role also involves potential growth of the Power System Advisory team in other regions and high-value delivery of consulting services contributing to PSA’s overall regional success.
- Performing reliability and/or planning studies including generation interconnection studies, economic studies, steady state studies, stability studies and short circuit studies (fault analysis) for medium/large power networks
- Identifying MW generation injection capability at point of interconnection subject to reliability constraints in various planning regions;
- Performing regional compliance studies;
- Managing expectations of service leads, management and clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables in a timely manner adhering to the quality standards;
- Assist with the team’s research goals in terms of development of new techniques and/or analytical tools to further the team’s performance in terms of efficiency and/or capability improvements
DNV GL - Energy division is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead the implementation of a prescriptive energy efficiency program in Illinois. This position requires an experienced professional who can craft and implement comprehensive plans with diverse tactics to achieve results. The position reports to the Head of Section and provides leadership to other staff activities. This position is based out of our Oak Brook, IL office.
Task May Include
- Working closely with utility client personnel to monitor program results including energy savings, quality assurance and to develop recommendations to improve the program as needs are identified.
- Budget management and tracking of performance against goals
- Supervision of administrative and engineering staff
- Oversight of assessments of various energy saving proposals
- Presentations to a variety of organizations including utility customers, trade allies and utility management on energy efficient technologies and utility incentives for these technologies.
- Preparation of written reports
We are looking for a Verification Engineer (ideally entry level / graduates, but CVs of experienced applicants also considered depending on the relevant experience in the industry) with a strong academic record, preferably a master’s degree or higher, with an emphasis on electrical, structural or mechanical engineering.
You will work within a large, supportive team of engineers with various experience levels within the UK Verification Department. As a Verification Engineer you will develop a strong initial grounding in engineering analysis and independently verifying work that has been carried out by engineering design houses, engineering procurement pontractors, Oil & Gas Operators etc. and gradually develop expertise in a wide range of areas such as piping, wellheads, pressure vessels, offshore containers, offshore service modules, functional safety etc.
It is critically important for the role to be able to interpret data from various sources and develop the most appropriate analysis approach required for the task in hand. A strong ability to break down a problem into the component parts and undertaking appropriate self-checking of the results obtained is very significant.
The Verification Engineer will be client facing and will progress to actively managing their own projects. You are expected to prepare accurate technical reports and will support senior engineers with tenders and proposals.
Attendance at meetings and preparation and delivery of presentations will be required.
An enthusiastic and cooperative approach to working with other members of the team is vital. Over time the Verification Engineer will develop a strong understanding of the interplay between their area of specialism and the various engineering disciplines that contribute to an overall project.
Whilst the position is a predominantly office-based (London) role some occasional travel (including offshore attendance) may be required.
- Review and interpretation of data.
- Successful delivery of verification work accordance with international codes and standards.
- Completion and delivery of high-quality technical reports.
- Support preparation of technical proposals.
- Ongoing technical development.
- Regular client interaction.
- Management of own projects in line with the DNV GL Management System
- Financial (budgetary control etc.):
- To be responsible for:
- Selling target chargeable man hours on client project work (to achieve department goal)
- Delivering scopes of work in accordance with agreed budget and timeframe
- Non-financial (staff management etc):
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team worker
- Adaptable and reactive approach with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain high performance without compromising on quality, when under pressure
- Support tender and proposal preparation
- Proactive identifier of issues or obstacles and innovative in proposing and implementing solutions
- Show initiative in contributing to business and technical development within our team.
- Competent communicator to both specialist and non-specialist stakeholders.
- Safety focussed attitude with an awareness of the implications and consequences of our analysis and work to the safety of offshore operations and personnel.
Digital Solutions as a business area in DNV GL was formed in 2018, gathering approximately 1000 digital experts from around the organization into one powerful unit. This gives DNV GL the focus, agility and efficiency required to stay on top of digitalization technologies and skillsets like IoT, big data analytics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, blockchains and cyber security.
Given by the purpose and dedication of DNV GL, cyber security is an obvious focus area for the company. Our expert teams are well-established and have since the infancy of cyber security been powerful players in controversial and high-attention cases, yet always discretely retained a low profile.
Our particular team of consultants in “IT Risk and Cyber Security services” cover the topics of security architecture, risk management, quality assurance, incident handling and recovery, but also high-level security governance and general security strategies.
As one part of that, our advisory contributes in all kind of cyber security cases. We take part in major telecom and IT projects, and we also fill security expert roles in large public and private organisations. One specialty worth mentioning about DNV GL is the cyber security for process control and production environments; the so-called operation technology or OT.
DNV GL currently recognizes a clear ramp-up in the cyber security advisory market, which is entirely reasonable given the increased focus on financial consequences from cyber-related incidents. These consultant positions will increase our capacity to meet that market demand.
As a Cyber Security Consultant you will participate in DNV GL’s advisory projects within cyber security, and work alongside some of the most experienced specialists in the field. This will give you a highly interesting and steep learning curve, and you will also build an extremely attractive formal experience.
Many of these projects are done from DNV GL’s beautiful premises at the seaside in Høvik, Bærum. An optional location might be Stavanger. Some projects are done at customer premises and will involve a moderate amount of travelling.
Our product portfolio helps the Energy, Healthcare and Transportation sectors design and operate for optimal performance and provide critical components in operational excellence initiatives.
Do you want to be a part of that project as Product Manager?
Product Manager for QHSE and Enterprise Risk will be responsible for developing product strategies, product roadmaps and establishing product development priorities. The Product Manager will develop business plans for how to commercialize data products and provide input to Go-To-Market plans.
The role is the main contact point between the market and the software development team. The Product Manager is a key resource for the front line in closing sales and is a product evangelist. The Product Manager must have a good understanding of DNV GL’s value proposition, customers, markets and competitors to provide product strategies and roadmaps to meet customer needs, market trends and maintain competitive advantage.
The Product Manager establishes a good working relationship with relevant marketing and sales units, DNV GL’s service lines and service managers in the other Business Areas. The Product Manager is expected to spend time out in the market.
• Identify market and customer needs and map those needs to product development specifications, including prioritising of new features in product development
• Identify key competitor solutions and conduct competitor analyses
• Drive pricing, revenue streams, cost considerations, sales and distribution strategies
• Establish sales and marketing collateral
In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section Technology & Innovation
- Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
- Traits for being updated, organized, taking the risk, integrity and collaborating in groups
- You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast-changing business and technological environment
- Undertake tasks related to energy production assessments which include wind data processing, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling, review of energy losses, and statistical analysis.
- Being part of the ongoing R&D projects in the Technology and Innovation team
- Internal automation projects using Python.
DNV GL – Digital Solutions Consulting team is seeking a Liquids Pipeline Engineer. Tasks will be related to implementation and support of the DNV GL Synergi Pipeline Hydraulics product line and legacy Synergi Water and Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS) primarily through the implementation, development and tuning of hydraulic pipeline computer model. Engineering analysis of natural gas distribution systems may also fall into the project portfolio for this position. This position may be based in our Katy, TX or Mechanicsburg, PA offices.
The Pipeline Engineer:
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, particularly hydraulic analysis.
- Utilizes advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of their field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Under the technical guidance of a Sr. Engineer:
- Participates in technical projects
- Takes on technical problems and applies methods to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Assesses and recommends technical solutions
- Grows expertise in one or more major technical areas related to pipeline engineering
- Integrates solutions to meet larger project objectives
Tasks May Include
- Collecting and interpreting data for pipeline systems to be modeled
- Developing and tuning pipeline models for steady state and transient studies for single phase liquids and gas piping system
- Performing simulations and interpreting results from the pipeline models
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals and scopes of work for potential implementation and model building engagements
- Assisting with cost estimates for engineering projects
- Preparing engineering reports and documentation
- Identifying potential out-of-scope activities on engineering projects
- Perform engineering tasks as required and assigned by the Project Managers for assigned projects
- Providing product and solution training and customer support
- Providing sales and marketing activity support for the product line, as assigned
Do you have passion for managing enterprise wide Infrastructure solutions and love to work with multiple technologies? Do you keep a close eye on trends and opportunities combined with daily operation and support? Do you value quality in your delivery? Come and join our Cloud Infrastructure team.
DNV GL is going through a digital transformation and new digital services and solutions are in the making. The multi-cloud strategy we have, using a combination of our Private Cloud, Microsoft Clouds, and Oracle Clouds, serve as basis for our managed IT platform named VerIT Enterprise. We are running a highly standardized global IT infrastructure platform. GSS IT is the internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. We are seeking to add Infrastructure Cloud Specialists to be part of our global IT organization, working from our North America headquarters in Houston (Katy), Texas.
Tasks May Include
- Manage, operate and support DNV GL’s “VerIT” IT infrastructure platform as part of our virtual team setup
- Deliver advisory services to the business areas within the infrastructure domain, globally or within the region
- Drive automation in all areas of the services provided
- Perform knowledge transfer and interact with other parts of the IT organization
- Address escalated technical support incidents
Join the team that is developing software products and solutions used across the energy value chain. DNV GL Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking a Product Analyst to be based in our Oakland, CA Office.
Think strategically and apply skills in product management: gather market information, interview customers, develop user stories and acceptance criteria, run development sprint processes, conduct quality assurance, develop training documentation, support on design sprints for new product ideas.
Tasks May Include
- Interview business stakeholders to gather details on the job to be done (scope, background, business case, etc.)
- Develop user stories to define business needs and acceptance criteria to help developers understand build requirements
- Prioritize user stories and manage backlog grooming
- Create test case documents to facilitate quality assurance and user acceptance testing protocols
- Oversee user acceptance testing and gather results
- Write user manuals, train users, and provide technical support on solutions
- Leads sprint process using JIRA
- Project Management
- Manage projects, including client interaction, project execution and oversight
- Manage internal project team members and subcontractors to meet project objectives
- Develop project plans including: goal development, scope, risk assessment, resourcing, budget, schedule, communication plan
- Meets financial objectives: develops budgets, tracks expenditures, analyzes variances, initiates corrective actions (as needed)
- Data Analytics & Reporting
- Perform database (SQL server) queries to support the development process
- Support existing tools, identify enhancements, track and promote usage across company
DNV GL - Oil and Gas Pipeline Services is seeking to fill the role of Electrical Field Engineer/Technician. This is a project-based position. This position will be located in or near Oakland, CA (Bay Area) and will cover project sites in Central to Northern California.
In support of the Critical Documents Project, the Electrical Field Engineer/Technician position includes on-site Quality Control (QC) Assessments and oversight of Electrical Subcontractors who will be “As-founding” (i.e. field verifying) Electrical Schematics, Single Line Diagrams, and Equipment Lists for natural gas transmission facilities such as Compressor, Metering, and Autovalve Stations.
Tasks May Include
- ConductOn-site QC and oversight of Electrical Subcontractors who will be “As-founding” (i.e. field verifying) Electrical Schematics, Single Line Diagrams, and Equipment Lists for PG&E transmission facilities such as Compressor, Metering, and Autovalve Stations. QC any existing drawings that are red-lined or new drawings that may need to be created on-site by the Subcontractors during the As-founding efforts.
- Act as DNVGL’s onsite safety representative and ensure all of the clients Safety and Operational Procedures are adhered to by the Subcontractors
- Possible desktop QC review of new vendor Electrical drawings created during the As-founding project for each station
Currently we are looking for a Solutions Implementation Consultant to strengthen our QHSE Consultancy team. The position is part of a distributed team located in UK, Poland and Dubai.
The role will report to the Head of Section for the QHSE Consultancy Europe team and may involve travel to customer sites within the regions supported.
In the role you will actively work with external customers to both implement and configure the Synergi Life software in line with customers’ requirements.
Synergi Life is a module based application used to collect, process and analyse information related to Incident and Risk Management.
- Advise external customers best practice in order that they get the best possible ROI on their Synergi Life instance
- Attend workshops in order to gather the customer requirements and then prepare the appropriate specification documents and scopes of work
- Installation and configuration of the Synergi Life application in order to meet the agreed customer requirements
- Test the installation and configuration work of both the work you have performed as well as testing the work performed by other consultants
- Project management of implementation and configuration projects
- Identify opportunities to add value to customer’s implementations
We are looking to hire a Lawyer/Associate lawyer to join Group Legal as Legal Counsel.
Group Legal is part of the DNV GL group function, which provides support on legal, tax, compliance, finance, communication and human resources issues.
Group Legal is responsible for legal issues globally and consist of 25 lawyers and support staff. Group Legal is a distributed team with members in Europe, Asia, Middle East and the Americas, headed by the Group Legal Director at group headquarters Høvik, outside Oslo, Norway.
As our new Legal Counsel you will be working within the Region Europe & Africa team of Group Legal. Region Europe & Africa has members located in Høvik, Norway, Hamburg, Germany and London, UK. The new position is located in Hamburg, Germany. The team reports to the Deputy Legal Director Thina E. Ytterhorn.
You will provide legal support on a wide range basis and work in direct contact with managers and employees at all levels within all business areas, in relation to areas such as:
- Contractual matters, including negotiations
- Claims handling
- Corporate law
- Maritime law
DNV GL – Energy North America Finance group is seeking a Project Accountant to join our Finance team. This position is based out of our Katy, TX office.
Tasks may include:
- Act as business partner for Project and Line Managers by leading regular financial reviews of projects
- Lead to Contract (L2C) review of project documents, Project setup, administration and maintenance of project financial records, contract add-ons/changes updated into Oracle on a timely basis
- Billing according to customer contract and Project Manager requests
- Mapping of project risk
- Responsible for project revenue and expense-side financials, primarily WIP, AR, progress and expenses
- Provide financial project reports and project KPIs and report information to department managers and BU and regional controller
- Monitor, report and advise on project financial status
- Support and facilitate communication and actions among peers
- Maintain and develop needed excel reports
- Ensure compliance with DNVGL Management System (DMS)
- Special projects as determined by Business Controller