Click column header to sort
DNVGL Clean Technology Centre (CTC) joined the APAC DNV KEMA team in January 2013 with ambitious growth plans to establish DNV KEMA in South East Asia. Now the CTC is part of the DNVGL Energy Advisory team and will partner with customers to create joint technological and commercial solutions at the cutting edge, acting as a catalyst and bridge between the players in the clean tech space to build trust, credibility and transparency. DNVGL’s global resources and experience will be used to create solutions suited for the Asian context.
The Consultant shall be responsible for providing a variety of solar energy-related consulting services associated with:
- PPA, EPC and O&M contract reviews
- Technology review
- Site assessments
- Technology evaluation and risk assessment
- EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring;
- Technical report writing
- Travel to Customer and remote sites.
- Business development activities including:
- Manage and develop customer relationships of lenders, developers, funds and investors.
- Understand their development and investment plans and discuss services that would best suit their requirements in markets that they are investing.
- Establish customer relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the solar industry.
The Consultant is expected to:
- Understand the risks and assist Customer in providing mitigation measures associated with the solar farm development at various condition and phases.
- Work together with various multi-disciplinary project team to provide a coordinated approach to developing a solar farm from feasibility right through to an operational solar farm.
- Understand the latest local regulations related to solar PV plants and grid connection and PV incentive policy changes in SEA, China or Japan.
- Review PPA agreements, EPC and O&M contracts
- Perform site solar resource assessments and site capacity potential for Greenfield project evaluations;
- Support PV suitability analysis for greenfield or constructed projects or;
- Identify, qualify and assess new and existing DNV GL-Customer relationships and opportunities;
- Develop, write and manage/facilitate terms of reference and/or proposal development process;
- Guide DNV GL's leadership in responding to emerging issues and opportunities; Customer problem-solving and dispute resolution; and
- Act as an effective liaison between Customer and DNV GL, as well as an Ambassador for DNV GL's business solutions and capabilities.
The Global Centre HR will deliver high quality HR services to European countries; service scope is services that are independent and/or can be digitalized. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS HR Regional Centres within Europe and Centres of Competence, together developing the Global Shared Service HR function for DNV GL.
We are seeking Senior Payroll Specialist for our Global Centre HR. Payroll Specialist will be responsible for delivery of day-to-day quality service within Payroll according to legal and company requirements. In addition, you will be part of projects establishing and improving our services with an end to end perspective.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will report to the Head of Section HR Payroll. This is position based in Gdynia, Poland.
Payroll is responsible for the operational payroll end-to-end process and management of the process linked to time management. Across Europe, we use local systems and service providers that are fed by common processes. Payroll is a key function making sure DNV GL is compliant according to local regulations.
To succeed in this role you will lead the way forward utilizing your great project management skills for Europe-wide coordination and implementation projects. You will be a role model for other colleagues in HR Payroll employees and external providers Europe-wide. You will actively support service implementation, development and continuous improvement of HR Payroll deliveries linked to payroll services.
• Be a senior member of a project team to evaluate, design and improve processes within payroll
• Take an active role in implementation of a new system and the design of common solutions
• Administration of country specific data according to local rules and policies
• Participate in monthly salary processing
• Develop into super user of HR System payroll functionality including the handling of system change requests
• Provide for updated work process procedures within payroll and time management
• Focus on solutions for increasing efficiency
• Continue the good cooperation with HR and finance units internally across Europe as well as with external providers
In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section- Project Engineering. Project Engineering team is actively involved in technical due diligence, technical review of technology, market & policy analysis, root cause analysis, Owner’s and Lender’s engineering, technical support for acquisition and merger for wind and solar energy projects.
• Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
• Traits for being updated, organised, taking risk, integrity and collaborating in groups.
• You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast changing business and technological environment.
The individual role will include the following:
• Provide Civil Engineering expertise to the team including:
‒ Detailed wind turbine foundation design review including dynamic structural design
‒ Review of civil structures of solar farm including tracker systems and floating solar
‒ Soil structure interaction
‒ Technical review of civil financial / commercial information
‒ QA Monitoring of Civil Works during Construction
‒ Conceptual wind farm design
– foundations, access tracks, hard standings, drainage etc
‒ Specification of Civil Works
‒ Specifying and managing Site Investigations and topography
‒ Interpretation of geotechnical reports
‒ Oversee drafting detailed design drawings
‒ Transport/Access studies
• Construction monitoring and short term on-site deployment for Owner’s and Lender’s Engineering projects
• Work with the PE team to promote and deliver Civil Engineering Services
• Liaise with the Global Civil Engineer Group on latest technical issues.
• Perform technical due diligence of renewable projects
• Liaise with a wide range of clients from wind/solar farm developers to financial institutions
• Liaise with industry suppliers, manage bidding processes and provide critical bid assessment • Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines
• Participate in R&D projects and contribute to publishing of journal papers
• Support the continuous improvement of the civil quality documentation
• Represent DNV GL in seminar, workshop and important forum
• Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members reach their potential
• To coordinate and collaborate with APAC and global team for the fulfilment of DNV GL’s goal, vision and strategy
• Impart training on various aspects of subjects for internal and external stakeholders
• Effectively manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment and meet deadlines
• Actively participate in the ongoing global energy transition, and contribute in shaping the future of energy
• Mentoring and training of other employees
• Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
With the purpose of conducting a standardized, high quality and cost efficient support function, GSS finance has re-organized its South Asia operations into a centre responsible for defined finance processes and transactional tasks in Singapore.
Collection processes have been aligned across business areas into a standard model executed through the GSS finance center working together with Business areas.
The Collection controller supports with collection activities within legal entities in South Asia.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible of group of assigned accounts in specific Region/Business Area
- Contact accounts proactively to obtain payments on time and negotiating payment plans
- Addressing ongoing customer complaints concerning invoicing or service rendered and works on complaints of service failures with designated departments
- Identifies issues to be escalated – disputes, sales
- Automatic reminder procedure and follow-up
- Contact customers with past dues balances for collection purposes, and collect effectively while maintaining the customer relationship
- Reviewing, analyse and develop customer risk profiles using customer information
- Assisting Project Managers and KAMs to gather full view of customer portfolio, provide information about customer history and activities through organisation.
- Support with cash allocation process when required
Within our Digital Grid Operation business, we have a vacancy for a Senior Consultant Digital Grid Operation who is able to advise our customers on the topic of digital transformation of system operation, including topics like Advanced DMS, IT/OT integration, Data Management and Grid Analytics.
Within our department, you will be able to help drive the digital transformation that our customers are facing respective to their operational technology (OT) solutions. Based on your affinity with the (electrical) utility industry you will deliver excellent and concrete results for our customers. This may include aspects like defining information architectures and data models, improving data quality and data management but may also consist of delivering a prototype of a data analytics use case. It can also include requirement management related to next generation applications that run in the core of a power utility like ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management Systems), MDMS (Meter Data Management), GIS and DERMS (Distribued Energy Resource Management).
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will be providing our customers in the energy sector with the following types of consultancy services:
- Roadmap studies
- Proof of concepts
- Requirement Specifications
- Data management and modelling, data analytics
- Proof of concepts, pilot and prototype development
- Supplier selection and Tendering support
- Project Management
- Test Management
- QA reviews
- Providing Training and workshop facilitation
You will be working in a client-facing environment, either as part of a project team or individually. You will also take part in business development and sales activities, aiming to generate assignments for yourself and other members of our team. You will identify market opportunities and develop our existing services in the NEMEA market and establish new opportunities for our company. The work will be carried out in national and international project teams in collaboration with both DNV GL and clients’ experts and consultants.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a Quantitative Research Analyst to perform data organization, analysis, and reporting for project work in the energy utility industry. This candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience engaging with technical and non-technical clients, colleagues and other stakeholders to understand data challenges and propose solutions. Experience with energy efficiency, demand-side management (DSM) and renewable energy programs are desirable. This position is based out of our Portland, Maine office.
Tasks May Include
- Supporting colleagues in the design, implementation and delivery of research and analytical projects
- Review for quality, analyze and document the content and structure of data from a variety sources, including but not limited to energy efficiency program data, billing data, survey data, energy usage data, interval load data, demographic data and weather data.
- Apply existing routines and develop new routines for data loading and cleaning.
- Troubleshoot issues with data import and export routines and with the resulting datasets.
- Design and develop processes to implement automated approaches for data handling and quality review tasks.
- Revising data inputs used in energy derived from disparate data sources to use in analytical tools for program evaluation and market characterization studies, and preparing models for analysis
- Develop expertise in energy efficiency data for specific programs and respond to data and research requests.
- Extract and merge data from multiple sources, review data to assess quality, and identify data gaps.
- Working on project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, and other project work related to energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability
- Conducting surveys, in-depth interviews, and field visits as directed by project managers to collect primary data used for process evaluations, market characterizations or evaluations of the impacts achieved by energy efficiency and DSM programs
- Performing secondary research, including literature reviews, internet research, document review and database review
- Assist in designing survey questionnaires, performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis in Microsoft Excel or SAS, and summarizing results
- Preparing client deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations
The energy landscape is in transition. But the rate at which it will do so, and with what means, are unknown, and therefore create uncertainty for many of our customers.
We focus on five market challenges that drive our customers: Increase of Power Transmission, Increase in Renewables, Digital Transformation, Decentralization, and Optimizing Networks & Aging Assets. As an independent and trustworthy partner we support our customers for each of these challenges with decision making and managing risks in balancing the Energy Trilemma of affordability, sustainability and reliability.
Want to join us and help balance the Energy Trilemma? We are looking for a Principal Consultant with a proven track record in Power System Analysis. Our new colleague will not only drive business and sales, but will also be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled experts.
Your tasks and responsibilities: leading people and business
As a Principal Consultant you will be responsible for business development, sales and delivery serving our customers in the Northwest European power sector with special focus to the Benelux. As such, you will identify market opportunities, develop our existing services and establish new services.
Additionally, you will spend a quarter of your time on leading the people in the team: supporting the Head of Department with the management and co-ordination of the team. This is to ensure that all members of the team are optimally utilized, produce high quality technical work and are engaged. To do this, you will provide technical support, be the local point of contact, coach and mentor the consultants in the team.
In doing so, you will:
- Develop further in your field of competence within Power System Analysis.
- Develop new services, tools or models, e.g. related to digitization and analytics.
- Develop your people management skills.
- Write clear and high quality reports and commercial offers.
- Be given the opportunity and guidance to grow as leader in our Northwest European organization.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
DNV GL's - Oil and Gas – Technical Advisory and Assurance is currently seeking to fill the role of Engineer/ Senior Engineer. This position is based on Rio de Janeiro Office.
Local Unit & Position Description
- Technical knowledge in SURF and pipeline operations, engineering, construction and integrity management. Manage and execute projects related to these subjects.
- Customer interface and associated sales skills by effectively communicating projects' progress and identify new opportunities
- Develop an important role within the group as well as in the industry
- Provide technical input to a number of concurrent projects
- Interact with other team members and clients in a manner that is professional and promotes collaboration
- Writing of technical papers or presentations of innovative work or projects
- Attending technical seminars to develop projects and promote personal brand
The Facilities Expert should ensure a well-balanced working environment for the employees in the countries within his/her responsibility.
The candidate is an individual contributor managing integrated facilities management service providers in countries/cities where implemented and provides expert advice/support to local business area administrative support contacts in countries where self-managed.
Based in Singapore, the region presently has 17 offices in 9 countries; Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, New Zealand and Brunei.
This role is part of the regional team and will report directly to the Regional Manager, Real Estate Management and Procurement, based in Singapore.
- Consult local business heads and Country Chairs to ensure facility management strategy and needs are aligned with local operating budgets
- Responsible for assessing and planning of the annual facilities management budget
- Responsible for the day to day spending and controlling of facilities management budget
- Responsible for workspace management in accordance to business needs, internal guidelines and cost allocation to all Business Areas
- Manage local service providers for day to day operational matters
- Ensure facilities management comply with quality and sustainability guidelines/policies in DNV GL
- Plan and control all aspects of maintenance, including electrical & mechanical maintenance, repairs and replacements within the locations and ensure that all work and equipment complies with local laws and regulations
- Responsible for negotiation and renegotiation of contracts and orders with local service providers and maintenance suppliers while ensuring alignment of service levels with collaboration with Procurement Professionals
- Liaise with lessor building management for facility management matters
- Prepare monthly performance analyses and reports
- Maintain lease agreement database and associated as-built documentation and layout plans
- Support crisis management team on building security and related matters, where necessary
DNV GL Energy in France has been delivering services to developers, owners, operators and financiers of renewable energy projects, specifically in onshore wind, offshore wind and solar, to enhance our customers' projects, technology and operations.
DNV GL is recruiting an Office & HR Officer to support the Managing Director and the HR Advisor.
The role includes a variety of daily tasks, is bilingual French/English and based in Paris.
The successful applicant will work with the local, multi-cultural team and other colleagues around the globe. If you enjoy the dynamics of an international team, a flat company hierarchy and independent working, this role may be for you!
The responsibilities include:
- 50% Office Administration Management (50% point of contact for visitors, mail ; supply management; facility management; health & safety oversight)
- 40% HR officer (training management, reporting, lunch voucher distribution)
- 10% Managing Director Support (meeting organization, follow up on sensitive documents)
The Plant Integrity & Optimisation (PI&O) team, based within the Gas Technology section of UK Advisory, supports clients in the oil and gas industry through provision of advisory services to manage the mechanical and electrical integrity of production, transmission, and distribution assets throughout the asset life cycle.
Key services delivered by the PI&O team in support of plant pipework and rotating machinery safety and integrity include the following:
- Development and implementation of methods for managing pipework vibration risks on oil and gas assets, including cost-effective remedial solutions
- Pipework & structural vibration measurement and investigation
- Theoretical analysis of vibration, and fluid pulsation and noise issues
- Failure and mechanical integrity investigations
- Plant condition assessments to support operational, integrity and safety objectives
- Compressor testing to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Plant surveys to check compliance of compressor safety equipment
- Technology qualification and research
The role of Mechanical Engineer will support and lead projects in the above areas for process plant and pipework on oil and gas assets, including gas processing, transmission and distribution facilities. There will also be opportunities for working across other teams within Gas Technology and the wider DNV GL group on a range of oil & gas asset technology projects. With the support of senior team members, the role will have responsibility for project delivery across the full life cycle, from proposal preparation, methodology development, analysis and reporting, through to recommendation and development of solutions.
Primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Supporting senior staff in delivery of client and internal projects (investigation, assessment, analysis, and/or innovation) to cost, time and quality requirements
- Accurate technical reporting requiring minimal revision following internal and external review
- Support business development activities, including identification of opportunities, writing of proposals, and engagement with existing and potential clients
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project activities may include undertaking accompanied and unaccompanied site visits and inspections
- Comply with all applicable HS&E requirements for activities, especially for site-based work
- To carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required, to deliver and meet the objectives of the Gas Technology business
- Operate within formal QA standards and project procedures
- Develop experience and expertise across project and team activities
- Establish a working knowledge and understanding of all areas within the team, section and wider DNV GL business
- Support development of other team members through mentoring, coaching, training etc.
- The chargeability target (proportion of time on fee-earning projects) for this role will be 80%
The Mechanical Engineer will directly report to the PI&O Team Leader and be assigned to client projects under a Project Leader/Manager as required. Depending on background and experience the Mechanical Engineer may manage small teams of other engineers to achieve project delivery.
The role will be primarily based at our office in Loughborough, but will include work at customer sites and other DNV GL offices as and when required, and will therefore require flexibility and willingness to work on short to medium term assignments in the UK, and offshore and overseas as required.
What is the purpose of the position and the prime reason for its existence?
- With the purpose of conducting a standardized, high quality and cost –efficient support function, GSS finance will re-organize its India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh Operations into a centre responsible for defined finance processes and transactional tasks in Mumbai.
- An accounts payable accountant is a member of a team, overseeing all accounts payable duties of a given geographical region. The Accountant needs to ensure all suppliers invoices are accurately coded, approved as per chart of authority and paid on time.
Work to be performed/major duties
- Processing of invoices into Basware including coding for overheads
- Match invoices with Purchase orders and good/services receipts (3 way matching).
- Weekly payment run, booking and knocking off payments
- Investigate discrepancies and take action to resolve
- Ensuring appropriate withholding of taxes wherever applicable on payments and organize remittance to the relevant authorities
- Resolution of Basware transfer errors, cancelled and returned invoices.
- Follow up with suppliers/relevant internal stakeholders on rejected invoices
- Take actions on AP statements from vendors to resolve promptly any dispute or overdue invoices
- Monthly/weekly AP subledger to general ledger reconciliations
- Provide payment notice to vendors
- Complete vendor credit application forms
- Intercompany payments and reconciliations.
- Monthly/weekly advance account review and follow up with Business to get final tax invoice.
- Handling audit queries.
- Review bank reconciliation weekly and clear the open items pertaining to accounts payable.
We are looking for a student for the internship (about 3 months) which will be followed by Bachelor or Master Thesis (about 6 months) in Simulation of Battery Systems.
- Participation in system engineering projects with focus on system simulation
- Identification of the most promising electrochemical storage technology from known systems and such under development
- Understanding of the main electrochemical and thermodynamic phenomena of the best suiting battery technology and implementing this in an empirical / mathematical simulation model
- Development of a battery simulation model, implementing dynamic behaviour of the battery system like charging time and lifetime degradation
- Evaluating the dynamic interaction of batteries with engines (piston, turbine, fuel cell) in a transient plant operation including charging operation in ports
- Sketching proposals for a possible plant layout and techno-economical evaluation of the selected version
- High level economic analyses and lifecycle assessment of the selected layout
Integration and Master Data Management section in GSS IT, DNV GL’s internal IT organization, is responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units and end users worldwide. The focus of the section is to manage, develop, operate, support and maintain DNV GL’s global integration and master data management solutions. These services are capabilities in our common global business execution platform in DNV GL, called VerIT Enterprise.
We aim to strengthen our Integration and Master Data Management competency center, to manage and support our Oracle Finance Integrations. Oracle Finance is based on Oracle E-Business Suite and with Oracle SOA Suite as the front end for our real-time integrations.
We are looking for an Integration Engineer who will manage and develop integration solutions on Oracle SOA Suite
- Manage and operate our Oracle SOA Suite integration solutions
- Develop, maintain and support existing and new integration solutions
- Work together with the rest of the Integration team to ensure operational robustness, End to End support and monitoring
- Work together with Infrastructure team related to server operation, patching and version upgrades
- Ensure that new and modified solutions are in accordance with the integration strategy and aligned with our Enterprise middleware platform (Microsoft Biztalk)
- Ensure updated documentation and knowledge sharing of the Oracle SOA Suite platform and integration solutions
The candidate will be part of the Central Car Fleet Management Team that is responsible to manage the European Car Fleet of around 1400 company cars.
The target of the stage is support Fleet Management Department for Italy and South Europe.
- Assist in pick up and drop off company car to drivers
- Update and monitor data in new software related to leasing contract
- Preparation analysis for monitoring car fleet
- Manage relation with drivers for support
- Check invoicing car in leasing, Telepass, fuel
Spadeadam Testing and Research Centre carrying out large scale hazardous testing and a range of hazard awareness training. The Mechanical Technician Apprentice (MTA) would undergo a 5 year apprenticeship combining formal training and practical experience.
It is expected that the MTA would develop to fulfill roles including:
- Hazard Awareness Course Demonstrations, carrying them out and maintaining the facilities
- Pressure System, operating and maintaining
- Testing, support projects engineer
Reporting to the Leading Technician the MTA will eventually be responsible for both conducting a range of site maintenance task and supporting test work supervised by the relevant Project Engineer.
The Key Accountabilities of the role will be:
- Developing the skills required to be an effective Mechanical Technician
- Performing well in academic work attaining NVQ 3 and an HNC level by the end of the apprenticeship
- Developing the behaviors that will make the MTA a valued member of the Spadeadam Team
Renewables Measurements Germany in Kaiser-Wilhelm Koog consists of 50 employees working in measurements on wind turbines. Our Managing Director is offering a position for candidates within Administration.
Areas of responsibilities:
Order and invoice management
Supporting the Section Manager in various tasks (e.g. appointment coordination, travel expense, organization of events)
Supporting in marketing activities
- Support events organization
- Execution of general secretarial tasks
- Coordination of appointments and meetings
- Mail processing
- Travel planning and coordination
- Procurement and organization of office supplies
- Organizational matters (e.g. billing of lunch costs with employees, etc.).
- Responsibility for sales and business development initiatives
- Engage with current and potential customers to discuss and understand their needs and requirements
- Develop and drive new service and product offerings based on sound market understanding and analysis
- Support, coordinate and drive internal and external marketing events
- Drive and monitor the order intake pipeline
- Support Customer Account Management
- Support and lead specific customer offers
DNV GL - Digital Solutions is a major supplier of strategic, technical software within the oil and gas, process, energy and maritime industries. It also deploys innovative QHSE solutions within general industry, healthcare and transportation/aviation sectors. Our customer base is global.
Working closely with colleagues in the Plant Ecosystem, the Technical Support Engineer role will entail assisting our customers in their daily use of advanced software products such as Phast & Safeti, Maros & Taro.
Phast and Safeti deliver industry standard methods for carrying out Quantitative Risk Assessments of offshore and onshore process, chemical and petrochemical facilities. They allow the safety of an installation to be assessed against any risk criteria and provide valuable guidance concerning possible mitigation measures, such as changes in design, operation, response or land use planning.
Maros & Taro are advanced RAM (reliability, availability, maintainability) software tools for predicting asset performance and hence allowing production efficiency to be optimised whilst minimising costs.
DNV GL Digital Solutions Plant ecosystem is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support team. This role will most likely be based in our London office in UK, but other DNVGL locations may be considered for the right candidate. Our Technical Support Team currently has a presence in Houston, London, Dubai, KL and Shanghai).
You are now invited to become part of this dynamic business unit.
The position reports to the Head of Department of DNV GL Digital Solutions who is located in our office in London.
The Technical Support Engineer, Plant Ecosystem willl be responsible for:
- Handling customer support queries from start to finish via email, web and telephone
- Delivering customer training and webinars
- Demonstrating software and delivering pre-sales support
- Visiting customers as the need arises
- Performing internal and external presentations (for example at user conferences)
- Liaising with colleagues in second line support to resolve complex questions
- Tracking support calls to conclusion and performing follow-up analysis
- Relaying customer feedback and experiences into product development plans
- Software testing
- Up to 50% travelling required at times (max. 2 weeks per month)
This role shall be based at DNV GL office in Guangzhou. He/she shall be the senior engineer/consultant for the DNV GL PD&PE section and provide advisory services to the DNV GL.
- Feasibility and front-end engineering addressing:
- Support structures (WTG and OHVS)
- Construction scheduling analyses
- Offshore installation (WTG, structures, cable)
- Engineering support pre-construction and through design, fabrication and construction for clients / main contractors:
- Offshore Substructure Concept Design
- Preparation of Design Basis and Specifications
- Equipment review and specification
- Design/Drawing review
- Construction monitoring
- Support structure (WTG and OHVS) detailed design
- Due diligence for investors and lenders
- Client interfacing and relationship management