Main tasks and responsibilities
- Review designs and undertake independent analysis of support structures for offshore wind turbines (towers, substructures and foundations)
- Apply the DNV GL processes to evaluate that the design documentation satisfies the certification scheme requirements, design standards and local regulations
- Undertake project management tasks
- Manage customer communication and support business development activities in Taiwan
- Regular travel within Taiwan and occasional travel to Europe is expected
- Compliance with DNV GL health and safety policies at all times
- Additional duties as requested
Technical Centre China is strengthening the team and is seeking an experienced engineer in the field of electrical, automation and instrumentation. The successful candidate will work in the business area Maritime within Region Greater China, as part of the Approval section at Technical Centre China in Shanghai. The section delivers approval services and technical support to our clients.
As approval engineer you will report to the Group Leader Electrical and Machinery within the Approval section.
The position offers great opportunity to work with colleagues across the disciplines and geographies of DNV GL to develop and deliver projects. You can develop personal and technical skills and solutions for our clients in various areas depending on qualifications and interests.
Typical tasks may include
- Review of electrical, control and monitoring system documentation according to Class rules, Statutory regulations and International standards
- Review of documentation related to different class notations, such as SMART, Dynamic Positioning (DPS/DYNPOS etc.), Battery (Safety/Power), Shore Power, Winterization, OILREC etc.
- Handle technical questions from internal and external clients
- Provide technical support to sales, marketing and business development
DNV GL – Energy is seeking an Operations Manager to lead an emerging commercial and industrial energy efficiency incentive program portfolio in New York State. This role requires an experienced professional with strong operational acumen and excellent customer service skills. Part of this role includes standing up a new office, recruiting and hire of staff to support multiple programs.
This position location is anywhere in Mid-New York State, between Rochester and Binghamton, NY.
Tasks May Include
- Work closely with utility client to roll out energy efficiency incentive programs for commercial and industrial utility customers
- Hire, train and supervise administrative, engineering and sales staff to meet energy savings goals within budget
- Develop and implement an operations strategy that will meet utility defined energy efficiency savings goals
- Monitor program results including energy savings, quality assurance and develop recommendations to continuously improve the program under ISO 9001 standards
- Develop and facilitate presentations to a variety of stakeholders, including utility customers, trade allies and utility management on program status and/or energy efficient technologies and utility incentives for these technologies
- Preparation of written reports to utility client
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
Over the next few years, the power grid will change drastically. Many utilities recognize that they need a transition from traditional operations to the digital age, using technologies and concepts such as grid optimization, IT/OT integration, advanced distribution management systems and grid analytics (network analysis).
As a DNV GL engineer, you will be involved in the critical developments and changes facing our utility customers, as well as the digital transformation of their OT (operational technology) solutions. You will mainly work in projects for utilities and manufacturers in our CEMED region, which consists of countries Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland and Iberia.
This position will be located in our Dresden office.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
You are involved in strategic or technical projects in the energy industry.
You will work in a team or individually on customer-oriented solutions with a commercial approach and on an operational, tactical and sometimes strategic level in the customer’s organization. The work will be carried out in national and international project teams in collaboration with DNV GL and clients’ experts and consultants.
You will have a role in which you will be responsible to offer our customers in the energy sector the following types of consulting services: proof of concepts, requirement specifications, system specification and modelling, project management or test management.
- Support of Project Engineers in daily work
- Development of smaller programs and simulations
- Innovative development of measurement hardware
Are you interested in being part of the green and technological revolution? Do you consider yourself as passionate and customer focused as we are? Are you looking to be part of a Start-Up within a global group? In GreenPowerMonitor you can have the luck to find them all! In addition to the above, we have fun providing cutting-edge monitoring solutions for the renewable energy industry: join us!
GreenPowerMonitor is looking for a talented and proactive person who will join our team in Barcelona as a Software.net Developer.
The position is a part of Software Development Team.
The main areas of this unit include:
- Develop and provide support of our products
- Solve technical challenges in the domain of IoT analytics
- Evaluate security risks and reduce vulnerabilities
If you want to be involved in big data projects, learn from and work with a skilled team. If you want to call Barcelona “home”, but work with wind and PV farms across the world. Want to apply your skills as developer by running complex projects and are excited to work for a company whose technical expertise spans the energy industry. You can find it with us.
If you are a trained engineer or scientist with a keen eye for detail and a sense of urgency to effectively communicate what you see and what options you propose to move forward. You never compromise on safety, quality or integrity. You thrive in a dynamic environment being flexible and adaptable to deliver timely results to our clients, building their trust and confidence to ensure continued relationships. Join our team!
Duties may include (depending on experience):
- Analyse and propose architectures from a performance and minimum response time perspective
- Follow and embrace SOLID principles
- Implement unit tests
- Estimate developer tasks and participate in the design of new functionalities
- Expose and discuss about technology with other developers across DNV GL
We are looking for a Team Lead/Principal Consultant in the area of Underground and Submarine Power Cables.
Are you a result-oriented, enthusiastic team player with people management skills and do you have good understanding of the latest developments in power cables, power cables failure mechanisms, international power cable standards and how to ensure / improve reliability of power cable circuits?
Apply now and become our new colleague!
You will become part of the Asset Management (AM) Team. The position is available at our Energy Head Quarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands. The AM Team is a growing team which currently exists of over 40 professionals. The AM Team is working from two offices: the Energy Head Quarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands and Dubai. The AM Team is a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level with different backgrounds and from various cultures. You will be leading the Power Cable cluster in the Arnhem based AM Team.
The electricity transmission grids are traditionally based on the use of overhead lines. To date, the vast majority of extra high voltage transmission is built as overhead lines. Cables, in contrast, are predominately used in urban areas or areas of great scenic beauty. The underground cabling technology is becoming of increasing importance in view of the grid expansion, reinforcement due to the energy transition happening world-wide. In addition to underground cable, submarine power cables are also crucial in the energy transition. In recent years there has been a significant increase of offshore cable installations due to growth in the offshore wind farm developments and interconnectors. This increase of submarine cable installation comes with challenges, i.e. submarine cable failures pose one of the highest risks in offshore wind as it could easily black out a section or even an entire wind farm.
In the years to come, the electric grid will drastically change.
As a Team Lead/Principal Consultantyou will lead the Power Cable cluster of approx. 10 Cable experts. The Power Cable cluster has high ambitions to grow. The other large part of the role will be individual contributor, undertaking consulting work and act as project manager for projects in the cable consulting domain.
The Team Lead/Principal Consultant will support their Head of Department (HoD) with the management and co-ordination of a smaller team (Power Cable cluster) within the Department ensuring all members of the team are optimally utilized, produce high quality technical work and are engaged. To do this, the Team Lead/Principal Consultant will provide technical support, local point of contact for technical staff, training, mentoring and guidance to staff within their team. The Team Lead/Principal Consultant will support the goal setting process with the team members by conducting regular catch-up meetings with the team throughout the year – noting that the HoD will still be overall accountable for the process and may join the start of year goal setting meeting and the end of year review meeting for team members. The Team Lead/Principal Consultant will also take on timecard and expenses approval under delegated authority in order to ensure local oversight and governance. The Team Lead/Principal Consultant will not have any formal P&L responsibility. A key element in executing these duties will be regular co-ordination with other Team Leads, and the Head of Department (HoD). The Team Lead aspects are expected to take up 30-40% of the individuals time depending on the size of the team.
The primary role of an individual in a Team Lead/Principal Consultant position remains that of an individual contributor, undertaking consulting or advisory work at a higher level of competence and experience. Client contact, travel to site visits, meetings, conferences and other off-site events are a normal part of this role.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and resource multiple projects involving your team members (including projects which you will be undertaking) to ensure work is conducted within timescales and to budget;
- Co-ordinate the resourcing of work with other Team Leads and Heads of Department as appropriate;
- Promote, monitor and ensure the teams work meets the required standards and follows best practice guidelines (as delegated by HoD);
- Create a team spirit and good working environment for the team;
- Responsible for managing performance, goal setting process;
- Encourage and ensure that lessons learnt, and latest developments are shared across the team;
- Support the recruitment, training and performance management of staff within the team;
- Provide support, management and technical Leadership to your assigned team, including mentoring and training of staff. This will specifically include:
* Holding regular meetings with individuals to provide feedback on project progress;
* Actively support the competence development of individuals;
* Provide support, coaching to staff on technical and soft skill issues;
- Where required review/approve proposals and deliverables on projects and act as Project Sponsor (where delegated or agreed with Market Area Managers who are ultimately accountable for projects in their markets);
- Provide support to the HoD in the promotion and presentation of the team/department strategy and plans where appropriate;
- Support Head of Department on AOP development;
- Project execution: Active involvement in advisory projects / third party project in the Power Cable and Submarine Cable domain
DNV GL – Energy's Sustainable Energy Use – PDI group is seeking an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join the NV Energy Programs team. This position is designated to assist with energy audits, project inspections and customer education. This position is based out of our Reno, NV office.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment at Utility commercial and industrial businesses
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about the installed equipment or program information
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify energy efficiency opportunities and generate corresponding energy report
- Conduct program presentations to inform customers of energy service offering
- Project management support
- Database management support
- Weekly, Monthly and annual reporting
DNV GL Global Centre Finance in Gdynia, delivers high quality services to European countries, related to Record to Report process, Accounts Payable and Receivable. Services are rendered in close collaboration with Regional Centres, together developing the Global Shared Service (GSS) Finance function for DNV GL.
We are seeking Accounts Receivable Accountant for the Global Centre GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
Accounts Receivable Accountant will initially report to the Head of Section for Accounts Receivable. The Accounts Receivable Accountant is a member of a team of accountants; overseeing all AR-related duties of a given geographical region.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a team player with an ability to create an atmosphere of motivation and enthusiasm to be part of building up the Global Centre. You will play a key role in the service implementation of the accounts receivable processes.
In your role you will:
- Be responsible for processing Invoice to Cash transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Understand and develop the current state of processes
- Analyze and respond to customers queries
- Work closely with the Client and build up a good relationship
- Work on everyday improvements to the process
- Have direct customer contact (phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.)
- Create monthly reports and accounts reconciliations
- Interact with sales and other departments within the company
Do you want to be part of an extraordinary journey in creating external-facing digital products? Would you like to make impact on industry-scale decision making towards a smarter, safer, greener future?
We are in the middle of an exciting digital transformation across the Energy space. DNV GL - Energy is seeking a solid Business Intelligence Developer/ Consultant to be part of our growing Analytics Centre based in Gdynia, Poland. As our ideal candidate, you bring a strong blend of technical and interpersonal skills. You will have unique exposure and impact on both the technical and commercial side, delivering digital products and insights as a force for good.
What will you do?
A combination of the following activities. Your seniority will be based on your experience.
- BI Development: You will design, build, test, document and support Microsoft Power BI & Azure based, reporting solutions, with a focus on the user, data security, performance and scalability. You will work with DNV GL’s Veracity.com industry data platform
- Working with customers: Engaging with technical and non-technical clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders to understand data challenges, define requirements, propose and delivering successful solutions
- Team collaboration: Collaborating with local and international virtual teams, and project stakeholders in an agile environment across time zones
- Exposure to agile project management: Participating in our agile way of working, and possibly performing some agile project management tasks for smaller or larger projects
- Continuous improvement and innovation: Giving input and helping shape the overall technical architecture as the Analytics Centre and surrounding technologies evolve, and contributing to our development best practices, innovation, processes, and finding new and creative ways of working better
- In-person engagement: Travel to client offices, other DNV GL office locations, and conferences, on occasion as per project/ customer needs and when deemed safe by authorities
- Exposure to business development: Possibly assisting with BD activities which could include market research, networking, relationship building, proposals, presentations, etc.
Purpose of the role:
We are seeking Statutory Chief Accountant who will manage the quality, controls and risks of a number of legal entities, to ensure statutory compliance and to act as the relationship manager to a Business Area.
Areas of Responsibility / Key Tasks:
- Ensure compliance for specific Legal Entities
- Oversee compliance to statutory rules, coordinate annual audits and prepare annual statutory accounts, notes and annual reports (incl. public announcements, if requested).
- Analyze, advise and take decision on all statutory reporting and compliance issues for specific Legal Entities (e.g. pension, restructuring, impairment, branch office setup and consolidation, etc.). Be an expert for one or more of the key accounting areas and execute across all legal entities
- Monitor share capital development and dividends, making sure that equity and dividend payment rules are followed and are legally compliant (e.g. thin capitalization rules, limits to dividends, WHT on dividends, dividend reporting).
- Monitor cash flow development, making sure that internal long-term funding (loans/deposits) or capital adjustments are properly arranged & authorised.
- Ensure compliance with Group & International Accounting Standards and Statutory &Tax rules.
- Coordinate and facilitate on Internal Control matters, prepare companies for Internal Control visits and actively participate in Group Internal Control visits.
- Regular balance sheet reviews, ensure compliance and sign off reconciliations of major balance sheet accounts
- Manage relationship with Global Center and external parties
- Act as the main contact point towards auditors and outsourcing partners, manage the contract and fees and ensure quality in deliverables
- Work with the Global Centre for all Month End closing activities in compliance with company accounting policies
- Drive standardisation of accounting processes & recording of transactions in collaboration with Global Centre.
- Manage relationship with Business Areas, Group and GSS Regions and ensure process efficiency and quality
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to further streamline accounting tasks, increase efficiency and shorten month end close calendar. Work with Business Controllers, FP&A and GSS to standardize daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Undertake ad-hoc reporting and analysis requested by management
- Project Management
- Participate in projects to develop our enterprise accounting and reporting system
Internal / External Relationships:
- Key external relationships: Auditors, Tax Advisors, Lawyers
- Key internal relationships: Corporate Specialist, Tax Manager, Group Center functions, Global Centre Gdynia, local stakeholders, but particularly the BA Finance Managers
Are you passionate about secure software development? Join us in developing the Veracity platform.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer with an interest in security to join our team of Platform Developers for Veracity.
Veracity is a part of DNV GL’s Business Area “Digital Solutions”, and we are on a mission to develop a trusted industry network for secure business collaboration. Following our mission, security is at the core of everything we do, and we are looking for you who take extra interest in this. Our main customers are asset owners and analytic service providers within the maritime, energy, oil and gas industries.
Together with our colleagues in DNV GL, we in Veracity assist companies in unlocking, qualifying, combining and preparing data for analytics and benchmarking, helping them derive real business value from industry data.
Today, close to 20 000 companies are working on the Veracity platform, sharing data and creating new opportunities. On the Veracity Marketplace, our 200 000 registered users can securely purchase and access new products, services and data from a variety of verified providers.
As Senior Software Developer in Veracity, you will be a part of an international, cross-functional team of more than 60 engaged colleagues who provide platform capabilities for the maritime, energy and oil and gas industries.
Working with us, we want you to share our values; where we Care for our colleagues and customers, we Dare to explore, and experiment and we Share experiences, knowledge and best practices.
You will work from our office at Høvik, beautifully situated close to the sea outside of Oslo. Here we offer a wide variety of benefits like sports clubs with access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis court etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” - to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process! We have company cabins and many social events and happenings.
You reach Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen
· Design software on the roadmap for Veracity in collaboration with product managers, designers and architects
· Code secure software components
· Implementation of a robust set of internal and external platform APIs to power customers’ applications
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Optimize software for speed and scalability
· Implementation of measures to secure our applications and data
· Working with team members in proactively addressing software quality
· Executing and contributing to improving existing DevSecOps processes, including test automation, CI/CD
· Follow and contribute to improving established agile framework, development guidelines etc.
· Be a key contributor in architecting and implementing Veracity Control Plane and Veracity Graph
DNV GL Energy delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support investors, project developers, generators, network operators, industrials, regulators and policy makers around the globe.
- Deliver consultancy services for customers in Asia Pacific
- Support protocol conformance testing
- Support SCADA/EMS/DMS advisory projects
- Support cyber security test and review projects
- Support the acquisition of new projects including preparation of proposals and meetings with customers
- Support preparations of reports, delivery of presentations and completion of project reports to our customers
We are currently looking for a motivated and eager to learn person to join us as Junior Credit Collector. The role will be based in Gdynia and collaborate closely with a team in Germany.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the collection efforts, including dunning procedures & follow-up
- Make collection calls by phone and follow-up with email as necessary
- Contact customers to obtain payments and negotiating payment plans when required
- Ensure proper follow up with customers on rejected invoices
- Provide copies of invoices and statements to customers as requested
- Identify collection issues to be escalated to management / controlling
- Reconcile customer accounts in cooperation with Accounting Dept.
- Issue Invoices
Stepping up in the cable industry?
Join DNV GL for a dynamic and international career on the top of the cable-world!
We’re looking for an experienced consultant in the area of Underground and Submarine Power Cables to strengthen our team at our Energy headquarters in Arnhem.
DNV GL is strongly expanding its activities in the asset management field. One driver is the installation of windfarms and interconnectors, where underground power cables and submarine power cables play a crucial role. Items that are being handled vary from quality related aspects to failure analysis.
As a Senior Consultant Underground and Submarine Power Cables you will be part of the Asset Management team, and together with other colleagues you will help our customers achieve sustainable, world-class asset management processes and performance.
You will provide engineering and consultancy services to customers in the utility industry worldwide. You will be responsible for management, execution and acquisition of projects in the field of power cables. You understand the market we operate in and can deliver high quality content.
Due to the growing demand for our services, we are looking for a new colleague to join our Sales Department as Sales Officer. We offer varied, exciting tasks in a modern international company orientated towards the digital future. With us you will find a highly motivated team, great working conditions and an independent area of responsibility.
What is the role about?
- To perform sales and acquisition for our certification services to reach the given individual and team targets
- To prepare quotations and keep CRM system up to date with all relevant prospect, quote and inquiry information
- To monitor and actively follow up on outstanding quotations
- To provide information to (potential) customers
- To make sure the company information packages are up-to-date and available
- To contribute positively to teambuilding processes
- To be service-minded towards external customers
- To ensure that the independent nature of the DNV GL scheme is not compromised at any time
- To provide support and work together with Senior Sales Officers and Sales Executives (processing contracts, contract changes and quotes)
The role will involve working within the Solar Department to provide technical advisory services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of solar projects. The services will include technical advisory work including owner's engineer and independent engineer assignments for a range of customers spanning developers, financial institutions and government entities.
The work will involve the management of complex commercial and technical projects, resourced from multiple internal business units, alongside the management of customer interfaces. These projects are expected to be mostly in solar PV but may also involve coordination of hybrid projects including wind, battery storage, CSP or other renewable projects. In addition, the candidate will be required to provide commercial and technical leadership for a team of up to 11 engineers, ranging from junior to senior levels.
Work with the renewable energy team to promote and deliver DNV GL’s Technical Advisory Services and work with solar experts worldwide to develop the MENA market. Deliver contracts in accordance with agreed budgets, profitability and time frames and to the satisfaction of the Customer.
Lead provision of technical advice to Customers including:
- Feasibility studies, preliminary and final energy production assessments, technology review
- Specification assistance for all aspects of solar project design, procurement and construction
- Assist Customers with procurement including contract negotiation and tendering
- Technical due diligence of pre-construction and operational projects, identifying project risks and suggesting risk mitigation strategies
- Support with Commissioning and testing
- Other ad-hoc advice and general project advice
- Due diligence activity to include: data analysis, documentation review and risk analysis.
The work also involves:
- Liaising with a wide range of clients from solar project developers to financial institutions
- Wins new external work by identifying opportunities, defining solutios for customers and bidding for contracts
- Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines.
- Producing written reports and other documentation for delivery to the Customer
- Supporting the continuous improvement and development of group procedures and documentation
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
- Develop the solar work in MENA by generating and developing new opportunities develop proposals leading to contracts
DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use is seeking a Business Analyst to join our Program Delivery and Implementation (PDI) team. PDI helps commercial and industrial utility customers save energy and money.
The successful candidate will think strategically and apply skills in project management, business analysis, requirements gathering, functional testing, change management, troubleshooting and training to implement business processes and applications. This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan office.
Tasks May Include
- Business Requirements documentation
- Interview business stakeholders to gather detailed product requirements (scope, background, business case, etc.)
- Define business rules and objectives, current operational procedures, risk, input and output requirements, system access, etc.
- Translate Business Requirements into functional requirements by developing As-Is and To-Be process documentation, use case scenarios, data models, logic details, work instructions, etc.
- Create test case documents to facilitate quality assurance and user acceptance testing prior to product release
- Project Management
- Manage projects, including client interaction
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Data Analytics & Reporting
- Analyze data from energy efficiency programs, including energy savings, incentive calculations, technology cost impacts, and application processes/statuses
- Perform a variety of quality control checks to maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data in tracking systems
- Perform database queries (SQL server) and program data analysis as requested
- Gather and prioritize user requirements
- Write reporting requirement documents, create product specifications and technical mock-ups for new business intelligence tools to support decision making and performance tracking
- Maintain existing reporting tools, identify enhancements, track and promote usage across company
- Perform and/or manage user acceptance and regression testing
- Write user manuals, train users, and provide technical support on reporting tools
We are seeking a Oracle Application DBA
for our Oracle Application DBA team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The Oracle Application DBA(s) will be part of our team within our Global Delivery Center in Gdynia. The Application DBA team will consist of 3-4 full time resources and will work in close interaction with the global IT organization. DNV GL is currently running Oracle E-Business Suite as the corporate ERP platform. We expect the Oracle Application DBA be a solid team player with experience from large multi cloud environments.
In your role you will:
- Installation, technical support, operation and patching of Oracle E-Business Suite environments
- Support application development teams for code migrations and performance tuning
- Maintaining workflow and troubleshooting all aspects of Oracle Applications R12.2.X
- Debugging and resolution of operational issues in a team of engineers based on business SLAs
- Support and closely cooperate with application engineers and infrastructure resources
- Participate in various projects, e.g. migration to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Adherence to the GSS IT key service management processes
- Document your work in standard tools, follow procedures (ITIL) and suggest further improvements
The Project Manager must be a Principal/Senior SHE Consultant, he/she will lead a cross functional consulting team involved in project delivery, project management and customer services, supporting clients primarily in the local onshore and offshore Oil, Gas and Process industry. This position will include a large variety of projects and offers great opportunities for personal and professional career development.
We are interested in people with the ability to deliver services within the following areas:
- SHE management consulting and improvement
- SHE system construction (including the writing/preparation of SHE management manuals, procedures and guidelines)
- SHE performance assessment or audit
- Safety culture improvement consulting
- Emergency Response Management consulting
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- SHE related training etc.
Job Location: Beijing or Shanghai