DNV Energy Systems North America is seeking a Senior Software Developer with application security background to join our team. The successful candidate will have multifaceted responsibilities and work collaboratively across software development and support teams to develop IT software products, services, and solutions along with implementing, analyzing, monitoring and optimizing new and current systems for vulnerabilities.
This position also partners with DNV Business Analytics, Product Managers, program delivery staff, software vendors and external development partners to deliver custom IT solutions to our business clients.
Tasks May Include
- Highly knowledgeable and proven skills in Application Security principles and how they impact development and deployment of applications
- Aid design and implement application changes to meet security compliance requirements
- Evaluate new security technologies and make recommendations to strengthen our application
- Build, enhance and maintain web-based, database-intensive applications for collecting and presenting data
- Monitoring and optimizing current systems for security vulnerabilities
- Testing new systems for vulnerabilities
- Provide mentoring and coaching for IT personnel when required (e.g. secure coding practices)
- Work with minimal specifications, implementing changes into production systems, and continually managing this process.
- Interface with clients to clarify requirements
- Occasionally lead and manage IT projects and associated systems integrations to deliver projects of medium-high complexity
- Contribute to process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes, tools and procedures that deliver sustainable performance levels
- Assist in estimation, planning and development of software projects, with a particular focus on best practices for technology, architecture, and security
- Creating test scripts and implementing automated testing for web and desktop applications
Join the Analytics and Technical Solutions team that is developing services and products to improve the delivery of energy efficiency, demand response, storage, and renewable technology.
DNV - Energy System’s Program Development and Implementation group is seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our team. Think strategically and apply skills in data engineering, data visualization, deployment, continuous development and integration to implement full stack data solutions. This position will be based at our office in Detroit, MI or Okemos, MI
Tasks May Include
- Develop data visualizations using business intelligence tools
- Utilize statistical or machine learning techniques to assess customer performance and potential
- Affinity towards problem solving and ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with limited supervision
- Develop and maintain products that deliver insight through data visualizations to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and take action to exceed client targets
- Embrace continuous integration and continuous delivery to add features quickly while maintaining solution stability
- A strong communicator — you don't just focus on producing statistical outputs and charts, you can also explain what they mean and their implications
DNV’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Wind Turbine Inspections Specialist to join our Wind Turbine Technology team, which includes our wind turbine inspections services. It is preferred that this position be based out of our Seattle, WA office, but other DNV Renewables Advisory offices in the Unites States will be considered.
Tasks will include:
- Provide project-related field inspection and support within Renewables Advisory North America with a focus on wind turbine condition, site operations, and project construction phases. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing End of Warranty inspections and testing on condition of wind turbine equipment on-site.
- Performing incoming goods inspections at wind project sites.
- Performing operational site assessment site visits to inspect equipment and operations and maintenance processes to objectively assess project conditions.
- Supporting/Performing construction monitoring site visits.
- Supporting root cause failure investigations through inspection and documentation of field conditions as well as follow-up analysis projects (both desk and field inspection work).
- Meet company required documentation and reporting and administrative responsibilities.
- Author detailed construction monitoring and operational site visit reports, and write memos, emails or technical notes to communicate clearly and objectively internally and to clients with accuracy and technical rigor.
- Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, inspection check sheets, tracking reports and scheduling controls.
DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use is seeking a Project Administrator to join our Program Development and Implementation (PDI) team. PDI helps commercial and industrial utility customers save energy and money. The successful candidate will possess with strong interpersonal and organizational and will be responsible for application processing and general office functions. This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan office.
This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan and Jackson, Michigan office.
Tasks may Include:
- Quick, accurate and timely data entry of project work and program documentation
- Application Data entry, database management, database update and maintenance
- Assist project managers with effective facilitation of team and client meetings, including preparing agendas, taking minutes, tracking action items, and proactively following up on action items
- Fielding and logging telephone calls from customers and contractors
- Scanning, faxing, copying, uploading of documentation; maintaining paper and electronic files
- Invoicing and budget management
- General office duties, including greeting visitors, receiving packages, managing mail, office supplies and logistics
- Preparing and mailing correspondence
We’re looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Asset Health team, based within the Safety & Integrity department of DNV UK. This is to support clients in the energy industry through provision of advisory services to manage the mechanical integrity of assets throughout their life cycle.
Key services delivered by Asset Health in support of plant pipework and rotating machinery safety and integrity include the following:
- Development and implementation of methods for managing pipework vibration risks on oil and gas assets, including cost-effective remedial solutions
- Pipework & structural vibration measurement and investigation
- Theoretical analysis of vibration, and fluid pulsation and noise issues
- Failure and mechanical integrity investigations
- Plant condition assessments to support operational, integrity and safety objectives
- Compressor testing to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Plant surveys to check compliance of compressor safety equipment
- Technology qualification and research
As a Mechanical Engineer you will support and lead projects in the above areas for process plant and pipework on energy industry assets, including gas processing, transmission and distribution facilities. There will also be opportunities for working across other teams within Safety & Integrity and the wider DNV group on a range of energy asset technology projects. With the support of senior team members, the role will have responsibility for project delivery across the full life cycle, from proposal preparation, methodology development, analysis and reporting, through to recommendation and development of solutions.
This role will enable delivery of the current strong workload in this area and will help facilitate the planned growth of these services. The role will include some work at customer offices and sites in the UK and overseas, with offshore assignments a possibility.
Primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Supporting senior staff in delivery of client and internal projects (investigation, assessment, analysis, and/or innovation) to cost, time and quality requirements
- Accurate technical reporting
- Support business development activities, including identification of opportunities, writing of proposals, and engagement with existing and potential clients
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project activities may include undertaking accompanied and unaccompanied site visits and inspections
- Comply with all applicable HS&E requirements for activities, especially for site-based work
- To carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required, to deliver and meet the objectives of thebusiness
- Operate within formal QA standards and project procedures
- Develop experience and expertise across project and team activities
- Establish a working knowledge and understanding of all areas within the team, section and wider DNV business
- Support development of other team members through mentoring, coaching, training
The Mechanical Engineer will directly report to the Asset Health Team Leader and be assigned to client projects under a Project Leader/Manager as required. Depending on background and experience the Mechanical Engineer may manage small teams of other engineers to achieve project delivery.
The role will be primarily based at our office in Loughborough, but will include work at customer sites and other DNV offices as and when required, and will therefore require flexibility and willingness to work on short to medium term assignments in the UK, and offshore and overseas, as required.
We are currently looking for a dedicated Electrical Engineer who will be part of our Global Grid Code Compliance-team located in Dresden and Hamburg. The team includes 20 colleagues supporting certification processes for the renewable energy industry. We are active in the areas of wind, solar, biomass, hydro and storage.
In the role of the Project engineer you will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the technical process of electrical Grid Code Compliance in accordance with (inter)national specifications and standards
- Software-supported modelling and examination (including DIgSILENT PowerFactory, MathWorks MATLAB or similar)
- Technical and professional analysis, independent assessment and evaluation of test results on electrical components, generation units and plants, certification to prove Grid Code Compliance
- Tasks in the area of (further) development of technical guidelines and approaches, automated/digital solutions, support of tests and measurements, customer care, project management as well as development of new services and acquisition of new markets and customer areas
In Hamburg we are looking for an
HR Advisor (m/f/d)
The HR Advisory Team "Central Europe" focuses on advising line management on all aspects of the employee’s life cycle and provides support in various projects, including international ones.
Your tasks would be
- advising business managers in HR matters
- participation in (international) projects and reorganizations; support and implementation of change processes
- participation in recruiting processes
- responsible for continuous improvement of HR processes and guidelines
- close collaboration with the Country Chair and all GSS streams
- regular cooperation with works councils
Maritime Advisory Singapore is a growing consulting and Research & Innovation unit overseeing activities in Region South East Asia, Pacific and India. DNV GL ambition is to be a data-smart solutions organisation providing management and technical advisory services within the maritime industry. Our key stakeholders include charterers and cargo owners, asset owners for ships and mobile offshore units, maritime authorities/governmental entities and defence, shipyards, banks/investment/leasing companies with interest on maritime assets and infrastructure, LNG suppliers and traders, and maritime technology providers and the digital eco-system/start-ups. We are currently focusing our research activities in Singapore within the areas of decarbonisation and autonomy.
We are seeking a candidate who is well versed in the domains of decarbonisation in the maritime sector. Additionally, the candidate will support our team of experience maritime consultants and engineers in advisory projects and leading-edge Research and Innovation activities including the use of new technologies in maritime sector such as drones, IOT/Edge, autonomous and zero-emission vessels, data platform/data analytics. The position is for a period of 3 years.
DNV' Digital Solutions is seeking an experienced field sales and business development professional with substantial experience in sales and account management to join our sales team to support the demand for our pipeline solutions in the onshore oil and gas industry in the United States. The regional sales manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales targets and delivering new sales related to the solutions and offerings in the Pipeline Product Line which consists of software license, software as a service (SaaS), implementation services and training.
The Regional Sales Manager contributes to the unit’s goals for order intake, revenues, profitability, and market penetration in North America.
- Promote and sell the company’s existing software and training services by identifying and managing opportunities in targeted market and geography
- Successfully and professionally manage the entire sales process in accordance with company systems and policies
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Consistently building and delivering an accurate opportunity pipeline.
- Assisting with executing short and long-range sales and marketing plans.
- Actively engage with the Sales team and other colleagues, sharing knowledge and ideas in support of profitable growth and customer success.
- Support and promote established relationships with industry and solution partners to maximize sales and sustain a leading position in the market
- Embraces and engages the Challenger Sales Methodology
- Meet or exceed the sales target for our offerings and identify short-term as well as long-term business opportunities
- Gather intelligence and obtain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the client's business issues and challenges
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations if applicable
- Use the CRM tool (Salesforce) to manage and record all stages of the sales cycle
- Develop and grow relationships within the global sales team and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
- Participate in global sales team gatherings and sales initiatives
- Other sales and business development activities as required, in support of company strategies and goals
Do you want to be actively involved and make a difference in the realization of the transition to greener, lower carbon energy system? Then you may find the one year placement for a university student within the DNV Data Analytics team to be a great next step in your career.
DNV Energy is looking for a Student Engineer/Data Analystbased in UK Bristol or Glasgow to support the Data Analytics team within DNV.
The candidate will get the opportunity to assist the team with wind energy assessments and site meteorological conditions work for both onshore and offshore wind farms.
The overall purpose of the job is to support Data Analytics team in its role to help DNV safeguard life, property and the environment and achieve our company vision: To be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
ABOUT THE SERVICE AREA
The Data Analytics team provides a range of services and products that span the entire wind and solar project lifecycle. These services are based on over 30 years’ experience and on the involvement in more than 300 GW of projects. Our recognized excellence and independence makes us the preferred consultancy of many industry players.
Our multidisciplinary team is composed of about 40 engineers and analysts, with world-leading competence and expertise in a wide range of areas, including
- Wind modelling & site evaluation
- SCADA analysis & performance diagnostics
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Short term production forecasting algorithms
- Online meteorological data management
- Software development
The team has a strong commercial focus, and our projects are often characterised by tight timelines and significant exposure to external customers. We are also constantly seeking new ways of improving the quality and efficiency of our services through the development of tools and automation.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are now looking to grow our team with the recruitment of a student engineer/analyst for a one year placement.
The successful applicant will assist the team with wind energy assessments and site meteorological conditions work for both onshore and offshore wind farms at the pre-construction and post-construction stage. Contributions will involve analysis of high-resolution meteorological data, assessment of SCADA and other wind farm datasets, and writing high quality reports. Over the year, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their competences and their capability to work autonomously.
We are seeking a HR Operations Specialist, WSEE Region
for our HR Operations team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The HR Operations Section is responsible for delivering day-to-day HR services for DNV GL’s employees and managers across Europe. Starting from 1st point of contact, through HR administration, employee data management up to supporting HR annual processes and benefits management.
HR Operations Specialist for WSEE Region will be responsible for day-to-day delivery of quality HR services. To succeed in this role, you will be in daily contact with DNV employees and provide expertise in a broad variety of HR fields. As the Region contains services for number of European countries, it guarantees the variety of tasks and possibilities to develop professionally and grow in a role. In addition to your daily tasks, you will also actively support service development and continuous improvements of HR Operations deliveries.
In your role you will:
- Act as a first point of contact for DNV employees and manager in respective Region.
- Provide HR support with the highest attention to quality and time standards.
- Manage contracts and documents according to local legal requirements and DNV GL requirements.
- Maintain Employee Data (validate and maintain all relevant data according to the local legal regulations and DNV GL requirements).
- Manage chosen HR benefits.
- Pprepare and deliver HR reports: legal, statutory and internal HR data requests.
- Participate in various, additional HR projects.
- Closely collaborate with other Team members to propose and share ideas for continuous improvements of delivered services.
- Update and improve internal knowledge database.
Safety & Integrity is seeking a highly numerate Senior Safety Consultant to work in the Aberdeen Upstream Technical Safety team, focused on delivery of offshore consequence and risk assessments, reliability, rbi, ALARP justification and risk-based decision support. You should have a proven track record in delivery of numerical analyses to join an industry-leading technical safety consultancy at the cutting edge of risk analysis techniques.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic team which is a trusted advisor to the industry, working closely with customers with a focus on delivery and innovation. The role of the Senior Safety Consultant will be based in Aberdeen with flexible options considered. There may also be a requirement to travel in the UK and occasionally overseas for client-related work.
Safety & Integrity is a department of approximately 120 people in the Energy Systems business area, with offices in Aberdeen, Loughborough, Stockport and London. Safety & Integrity provides a wide range of safety and integrity engineering and risk management services to the energy industry both onshore and offshore. We utilise a comprehensive range of tools for consequence modelling and risk analysis, typically developed and validated through large/full scale experiments performed at our major hazards testing and research facility in Spadeadam.
The Senior Safety Consultant will report to a Head of Section and will have responsibility for project management and technical delivery of project work under the guidance of more senior members of the department and have technical leadership of more junior consultants.
- Develop and deliver technical solutions to customer issues through use of consequence modelling, frequency, reliability and risk analysis of offshore major accident hazards
- Project manage and work on multiple projects to the satisfaction of the Manager/Project Sponsor (i.e. within the required timeframe, cost and quality standards)
- Apply consequence and risk assessment tools and techniques as appropriate (e.g. QRA, consequence analysis, numerical analysis and other formal safety studies) and carry out safety case development, ALARP demonstration and any other technical safety work required to support clients in meeting their legislative and regulatory obligations
- Lead and support the production of technical reports for customers, where possible identifying further business opportunities for DNV
- Develop experience and expertise across project and team activities; provide professional support and guidance to less experienced personnel
- Carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required, to deliver and meet the objectives of the Safety & Integrity business
The Regional F & B Manager will drive and support the implementation of the regional plan approved by the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. This plan is focused on aggressive growth of our business in Region Asia & Pacific, India and Middle East. The Regional F&B Manager will manage and drive the regional F&B organization, and follow up with local F&B Managers. The Food & Beverage (F&B) sector is one of three identified growth sectors in DNV Business Assurance.
The Regional F&B role will be responsible for business development and delivery responsibilities. Furthermore, the regional F&B role will be managing a matrix organization related to business development and managing competence requirements in the other countries in the region.
The F&B business is focused on the following main areas: accredited food safety audits, seafood certification, and technical aquaculture services. The activity also includes coordination of the development of the offshore aquaculture development in cross collaboration with DNV Energy Systems, Maritime, and Digital Solutions. This role also manages the “GCU bridge” a function located in Denmark to coordinate and ease communication with the Global Central Units for accreditation.
The F&B strategy has a strong digital transformation component, previous experience implementing digital solutions/processes to achieve results is an essential requirement for this position.
Tasks may include:
- Support the regional manager in execution of the global and regional F&B Strategy
- Develop the regional Food & Beverage operational and business development structure and manage interfaces within the Business Assurance organisation
- Deliver on operational and sales metrics as agreed in target settings
- Manage the day to day business and people in the F&B units
- Define and put in place strategies and actions in order to meet targets for revenue, operating margin, growth, sales, retention, quality of service/CS in the Food & Beverage sector
- Analyse Food & Beverage market trend information to recommend changes to practices and policies and improve market positioning
- Ensure an effective implementation of Key Customer Manager approach
- Participate in the global F&B network
- Ensure the development of F&B resources in the Region, including coaching, managing, mentoring, and leading performance as well as increasing the competence of the F&B teams
- Review F&B performance, establish and implement actions to improve results
DNV is seeking an Environmental Analyst who will be supporting DNV’s sustainability and climate strategy, including environmental and climate reporting and the management of relevant strategic projects.
DNV conducts extensive research to understand the challenges facing our climate, oceans, energy system, food, healthcare and transport systems. We use our technical expertise to accelerate the transformation, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the 1.5°C global warming limit, to create a better future. We aim to make a positive impact through our own operations and the work we do for our customers.
Working in a value-driven organisation with a strong purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment and a vision of being a trusted voice to tackle global transformations, we offer a great opportunity to combine your personal purpose with your personal growth.
You will be part of DNV's Group Sustainability Development and Climate team, part of Group Communications consisting of highly competent professionals from ten nationalities and you will also be working closely with DNV business areas and Global Shared Service organization. This is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting workplace with highly motivated and competent colleagues in an international environment.
In your role, you will be responsible for DNV’s environmental reporting, collecting data on our carbon footprint and supporting the external verification process by creating reports and gathering the underlying documentation for audits and third party verification. You will manage improvement activities based on the data from reporting and analysis, and collaborate with a network of colleagues to ensure that we manage our environmental risks. You will be a key member of the team tasked with ensuring that we meet our Science-based targets.
Working language is English and this position is based in Høvik, Norway.
We are seeking a Integration Support Engineer
for our Integration and Master Data Management team based in Gdynia, Poland.
You will become part of the Integration and Master Data Management section in GSS IT; our internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. The focus of the section is to manage, develop, operate support and maintain DNV’s global integration and master data management services. These are key capabilities in DNV’s common global IT platform.
In your role you will:
- Operate the DNV’s Hybrid (on-premise and cloud) Integration Platform;
- Act as the first line support in Integration & MDM Team;
- Closely co-operate and contact with the rest of DNV’s Integration Team globally (only one shift in European time zone and all weekends free!);
- Cooperate with other units in evolvement of DNV’s systems and platforms;
- Share knowledge of the enterprise middleware platforms and integration solutions.
DNV is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Metocean Engineer to join our London Metocean team.
The team is at the forefront of implementing the green energy transition around the world today, providing sophisticated solutions and engineering assessments to support offshore renewable energy installation projects around the globe, as well as ensuring safe operations for our oil and gas customers.
Meteorological and oceanographic information is a key requirement for location approvals, transportation design, structure design and weather-limited operations. For more than 35 years, our London-based metocean department has been a global centre of excellence, providing thousands of reports to the marine and offshore industries, and describing the meteorology and oceanography of locations all over the world. DNV offers a complete range of metocean solutions, including:
- Spot location reports
- Transportation criteria
- Numerical modelling using Mike 21 FM and SW models
- Design studies for offshore structures
- Tropical cyclone analysis
- Metocean criteria for operation planning
The purpose of the Senior Metocean Engineer role is to deliver an efficient and effective metocean service into customer organisations in order to secure repeat business and project targets for the metocean business line. The successful candidate will join as part of a team of Oceanographers and Metocean Engineers based in London, undertaking metocean studies using sophisticated oceanographic modelling techniques for the offshore renewable, and oil & gas sectors. The successful applicant will spend approximately 70% to 80% of their time undertaking technical Metocean analysis work with the remainder spent assisting developing metocean tools and/or business development. The role is office based but DNV is working towards developing a hybrid model that will combine office and remote work.
- To carry out metocean studies to produce data used for the design and/or assessment of fixed, floating and mobile offshore structures, pipelines, windfarms, etc. and the associated report writing in a timely, concise and efficient manner to be within budget and timescale.
- To carry out numerical modelling studies using MIKE 21 software.
- To assist the team in developing data analysis tools using MATLAB.
- To assist the Team Leader with the business development by preparing proposals and with client and project management.
- To collaborate with peers to deliver projects to a high standard.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit technical and experienced In-Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Assessors and Lead Auditors throughout Europe. The successful candidates will be responsible for planning and conducting audits / assessments against the manufacturing of medical devices, in accordance with ISO 13485, IVDR 746/2017 and MDSAP standards, enabling the delivery of assessment and certification services that meet customer requirements and appropriate accreditation standards.
- Conduct assessments (either desk-based or on client’s sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Conduct Technical File reviews specific for products being authorized.
- Complete all chargeable work within the required budget and timeframes to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
- Complete specific projects in relation to medical device procedures, processes, systems and documentation as requested by the Medical Devices Operations Manager.
- If required, undertake reviews of packs and make certification decisions within target timescales and in line with DNV policies and accreditation/approval requirements.
- Project manage auditing teams, as appropriate, to maximize efficiencies, enhance client satisfaction and ensure compliance with standards.
To further strengthen our global Cyber Security community, we are looking for an ambitious and talented Cyber Security Analyst to be a part of a global team protecting our assets. You will work in close interaction with our global IT organization and business stakeholders. DNV is operating a hybrid model with our Private cloud, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft365 and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
We expect a member of our Cyber Security team to have a good understanding of security threats, risks and vulnerabilities, security standards and frameworks.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Be a bridge between our Security Operation Center (IBM platform) and the Cyber Security team to reduce and mitigate security incidents.
- Be the “Trusted Advisor” on best practices to protect infrastructure and information.
- Carry out threat and risk assessments and develop security architecture to mitigate threats
- Work closely with other security and operational teams to help create company-wide security policies and guidelines
- Work with 3rd parties to perform security assessments and audits.
- Participate in regular auditing to identify security risks and incidents.
- Identify and deliver service improvements
- Drive security awareness in the organization
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Support Consultant
for our BICC Poland Operational Team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The Business Intelligence Competency Centre (BICC) is responsible for developing reports, dashboard and data warehouse to create business value from company data, as well as supporting (2nd and 3rd line) and maintaining multiple data warehouse systems and reporting services. In BICC we're using Informatica PowerCenter as ETL tool, IBM Sailfish (IIAS) as data warehouse system, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Azure Services.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Datawarehouse and ETL process support
- Troubleshooting, monitoring, deploying, data quality checking, scripting, investigating, and improving existing BI solutions
- Documentation of new and existing solutions
- Collaborating with local and international virtual teams, customers, and project stakeholders in an agile environment
We are looking for a proactive and eager to learn person, willing to work in an international environment, to join us for a Sales and Market Analyst Internship.
The role is a part of the Market and Industries team, and will focus on supporting sales managers with market and sales process analysis to enhance effectiveness of the sales teams and strengthen positive customer experience.
Your tasks will include:
- Conducting analysis of internal sales processes and external sales activities in order to implement improvements and increase sales efficiency
- Working together with sales managers on re-defining sales structure and customer management KPIs
- Supporting market research and business intelligence activities
- Supporting in defining specific reportings on Market and Sales trends