Are you comfortable with complex problem solving, critical thinking and powered with creativity?
This could be the opportunity you are looking for!
DNV GL Summer Project will hire a cross-disciplinary team (like previous years) where you are invited to explore the concept:
“Floating Wind 2040: how is it successful and what is DNV GL’s role?”.
You will leverage DNV GL’s experience in wind energy, offshore oil and gas and maritime; and explore the possibilities of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, IOT, augmented and virtual reality across the project lifecycle.
Based on the trust DNV GL has within the industries we operate in; our ambition is to accelerate the development of the floating wind industry through innovation and digitalization.
You will be part of a project team consisting of eight 4th year master students from varying backgrounds, and you will utilize DNV GLs technical expertise to find a solution to the concept above.
DNV GL - Energy's Renewable Analytics team is seeking a Forecast Analyst to join their West Coast operations. The principle purpose of the role is setting up and maintaining forecasting services, assessing their accuracy, refining forecast performance, and investigating new modelling methods.
This position can be located in any DNV GL Energy office on the West Coast, although the preferred location is San Diego, CA. Remote work (home office) will be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Delivering highly accurate and reliable forecasting services for energy traders, grid regulators and plant operators
- Producing forecast performance reports
- Interfacing with clients to ensure services meet their requirements
- Researching new modelling methods
- Assist with workshops and meetings to discuss wind/solar energy forecasting, and promote DNV GL's forecasting services
- Assisting with the commercial and marketing aspects of the business
- Willingness to be part on on-call rota to support operational issues
Every customer is unique, every certification project is different. As Senior Sales Executive at DNV GL Business Assurance, it will be your responsibility to proactively approach and advise new customers and you will be the important link between the customer and your own operations.
We are looking for a result-oriented, enterprising Sales Executive with a positive, service-minded attitude to customers. A person who is not afraid of initial resistance from prospects. Someone who is creative and capable of leading successful sales actions and also someone who wants to be part of an enthusiastic, young, dynamic and diverse sales team.
What would be your main responisbilities?
- Drawing up specific account plans for the assigned customer groups.
- Proactively performing sales and acquisition visits and telecommunications and providing information to (potential) customers.
- Preparing quotations and making sure won contracts are signed, complying to DNV GL procedures and authorizations.
- Acquiring new customers, analyzing customer needs and translating opportunities within the available services.
- Keeping the CRM system up to date.
- Cross-selling and deep selling with existing customers.
- Monitoring and actively following up on opportunities, leads and outstanding quotations.
- Setting up initiatives to increase customer service and satisfaction together with Operations.
DNV GL – Energy's Sustainable Energy Use – PDI group is seeking a Marketing Manager to lead energy efficiency outreach, marketing and communications efforts for the NV Energy Business Energy Services programs. The position is based out of our Las Vegas or Reno, NV offices.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to coordinate with our utility client to create a marketing strategy, which includes the development and implementation of marketing plans, to include print, web and email communications. In addition, this role will lead the development of all public-facing marketing materials, training/event materials, and ad campaigns.
This position is based out of our Las Vegas,NV office.
Tasks May Include
- Develop, execute and track marketing plans, campaigns, and tactics to promote energy efficiency among targeted businesses segments
- Write and edit marketing materials to the extent needed to produce client-ready drafts and final deliverables. This process could include everything from developing new content to substantially rewriting new content following our utility client branding style guidelines
- Ability to work with a graphic designer to develop concepts into published deliverables
- Ability to take technically complex concepts and write about them in layperson’s terms
- Work with the local DNV GL team to develop marketing strategies and tactics that help achieve client goals and engage identified local business segments
- Serve as liaison between local DNV GL team and client’s corporate communications team
- Work with local organizations and industry associations to maximize marketing opportunities
- Manage outreach team to achieve program goals
- Engage in outreach activities to promote energy efficiency and opportunities
- Develop & coordinate outreach events to support energy efficiency and demand response management
- Conduct program presentations to inform customers of energy service offerings
Do you want to be actively involved and make a difference in the realization of the energy transition? Do you know all about energy markets and how the developments in these markets impact our customers in the energy market? Then this job is the job for you!
We are looking for a Sales Consultant with a focus on the (European) Power market, market analysis and market design, who wants to support us in the development of energy strategies for our clients, analysis of power markets and applications of new technologies that strongly support the energy transition, like off shore wind, hydrogen or electric vehicles.
Who we are
The department of Energy Markets & Technology NL&UK of DNV GL covers a wide range of topics bridging business and market drivers and technical solutions with a focus on the Energy Transition. We serve utilities, transmission system operators or other infrastructure companies, large industries, governmental organizations, regulators as well as developers and investors in the energy market to realize their goals and ambitions. Among others our activities and advices contain evaluations of market and technology developments and their impact, changes in policy or market design, quantitative and or qualitative analyses and due diligences.
Your tasks & responsibilities
As a Sales Consultant in our department, you will be part of a customer centric environment, and you will be actively working on the acquisition and execution of projects for our clients. You will combine the execution of projects with sales activities to sell new projects to our clients. You will be working in projects for our customers as team member and project leader. The projects will be mainly related to the transition towards renewable energy sources and production assets, transmission and distribution grids, business processes or the techno-economic feasibility of innovations. You will also be involved to identify and develop market opportunities, our existing services and establish new services.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Advise our clients about the (future) energy systems or markets;
- Understand the different energy markets and the developments for our key clients;
- Build a network with potential clients;
- Sell new and already existing projects to these clients to grow the business for DNV GL in this area;
- Define and analyze different scenarios for future energy systems and the impact on our clients;
- Analyze these future scenarios with our tools;
- Understand the questions of our clients and develop these into winning proposals;
- Execution of projects and project management;
- Contribute to clear and high-quality presentations and reports and commercial offers;
- Identify market opportunities and develop our existing services and establish new services for both the team and our company.
Based on your interests and capabilities, we will create a plan together with you for your personal development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
DNV GL – Business Assurance group is seeking a team member in our Account Representative position. This position will be based in Katy, TX and report directly into the account manager for the sector.
Tasks May Include
For the Account Representative, the primary function of this role is to act as a single point of contact for their clients and the internal processing of their accounts as detailed below. The target is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high client satisfaction.
- Provide a high level of customer service in which dedicated support and interaction with our clients is the focal point. This is to include processing internal and external requests associated with the client.
- Perform quoting work associated with individual clients
- Work with the sales team from the initiation of the quote through signed contract
- Work with the technical department to ensure that scope and assigned codes meet accreditation requirements
- Prepare quotes as per relevant requirements
- Review and process signed contracts into new projects within CRM (Customer Relationship Management Database)
- Perform scheduling work associated with individual clients
- Coordination between auditor and client to setup schedule
- Coordination with other global scheduling units to facilitate the planning process
- Schedule audits and/or audit cycle as per individual scheme requirements
- Perform certificate issuance work associated with individual clients
- Work with sector management to ensure all required audit documents are submitted into CRM
- Perform administrative review and submit finalized certification packages for technical review
- Assist with resolving any questions/conflicts in regards to the Certification Process
- Issue certificates as per relevant requirements
- Other Tasks
- Resolve client inquiries through direct phone conversation (not email)
- Enter and maintain all related data into the CRM database for each client
- Work with sales, technical, auditors, and sector management to meet client goals
- Must be dynamic and able to adapt to changes in process
- Achieve and provide data for all associated KPI’s
DNV GL – Energy's Sustainable Energy Use – PDI group is seeking an experienced Energy Efficiency Engineer to join NV Energy Programs team. This position is designated to support major customer accounts, conduct energy audits, project inspections, customer education, project management, and support the development of energy efficiency contract proposals. This position is based out of our Reno, NV office.
Tasks May Include
- Develop request for proposals to support energy efficiency projects Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications with contractors and/or facility managers, including determination of baseline usage for industrial equipment, calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Independently perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of complex energy efficiency projects involving HVAC, lighting and industrial process equipment, such as pumps, motors, fans and compressed air systems
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify energy efficiency opportunities and generate corresponding energy report
- Plan and deliver presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies, customers, clients, and others
- Conduct on-site energy assessments and analyze the energy performance of commercial buildings to determine cost-effective energy efficiency upgrades.
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment at Utility commercial and industrial businesses
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about the installed equipment or program information
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify energy efficiency opportunities and generate corresponding energy report
- Conduct program presentations to inform customers of energy service offering
- Project management support
- Database management support
- Weekly, Monthly and annual reporting
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a Distribution Sales Consultant to join our Program Delivery and Implementation (PDI) team. PDI helps commercial and industrial utility customers save energy and money. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our midstream electric and gas programs. This individual will work directly with the distributors, and be accountable for increasing the throughput of energy efficiency products. This position is based in our Las Vegas, NV office.
Tasks May Include
- Build relationships with electrical distributors, Trade Allies, and channel partners to achieve program goals
- Understands, identifies and works with electrical distributor decision makers
- Provide resources, education and support to electrical distributors, Trade Allies, and contractors
- Develop and execute outreach plan and activities
- Works closely with Marketing to monitor program results and to develop recommendations to improve the program as needs are identified
- Execute activities designed to promote energy efficiency
- Help plan and support energy efficiency outreach events
- Possesses a solid understanding of the technology segments and deep understanding of the product line
- Maintains excellent client relations with utility
- Plan and deliver presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies and other marketing channel partners, customers, clients, and others
- Work closely with marketing and outreach team to monitor program results and develop recommendations to improve the program as needs are identified
- Maintain excellent client relations
Are you a software developer experienced with data analytics, interested in impacting the global Energy industry as part of a world-leading team? You may be interested in considering our new opportunity based in our Portland, Maine office.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking an Analytics Solution Developer to join our team. We are leveraging and scaling Big Data analytic capabilities to transform our global services across the energy industry. These capabilities include IoT, machine learning, data lake, and streaming analytics using Microsoft Azure and the Databricks / Spark ecosystem.
As our Analytics Solution Developer, you will join a team that runs complex projects, transforming existing and developing new digital services and tools. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about building analytic solutions, applications and tools, and who can combine a good understanding of the system as a whole, with deep knowledge and experience with key components and tools in the chain. Working in our Portland, Maine office alongside approximately 15 team members, you will also work closely with team members throughout the United States and Europe.
Tasks may include
- Interface with internal and external clients to extract and define requirements, and offer solutions for business problems
- Serve as a conduit between the business colleagues and development team creating the technical solution
- Design, develop, operate and support solutions and applications deployed using Azure analytics tools (e.g. Azure SQL, Databricks / Spark, Data Factory, Data Lake Storage and Analytics, Data Warehouse, Cosmos DB, Azure Functions)
- Develop, operate and document data ingest pipelines, web applications, visualization applications, data governance, data catalogues
- Develop data transformations and analyze data using Python, Scala, C#, SQL, enhance and tune a Modern Data Warehouse and Data Lake in Microsoft Azure. Optimize code written for Spark
- Troubleshoot performance bottlenecks, implement scalable, tunable SaaS based solutions, and provide ongoing maintenance and support.
DNV GL Digital Solutions is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimization, QHSE, and ship management. Our worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.
Currently, we are looking for Intern to join our Software Development team in Gdynia as an UX/UI Designer.
As an UX/UI Intern You will:
- work together with our experienced colleagues on real projects,
- strengthen your personal competencies in user reaserch and prototyping,
- learn about international organization providing software and services globally.
Being part of a team in an interesting working environment, you will be responsible for the following activities:
Support with all financial activities regarding:
• General administration in the Financial system
• Processing of time- and expense sheets for auditors
• Managing anomalies and the flow of approvals
• Invoicing our clients timely with a high level of quality
• Support with month-end closing and relevant KPI’s
• Deliver overall quality in the financial process
• Service desk for our customers and employees
• Leading a team of 6 Invoicers
Business development with new customers and maintaining relationship with existing clients mainly in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Handling of complete sales process (Enquiry to Order Process) including:
- Preparation and coordination of proposals
- Contract review and negotiations with customers
- Conducting customer meetings/presentations and participating in external events, e.g. conferences
- Analysis of market information from project data bases and other sources
- Responsibility to monitor relevant market segments or client groups and their development
- Provide input to technical sections for development of new services based on customer requirements
Role requires strong focus on self-motivation and drive to deliver on parallel BD and sales activities, often on tight deadlines.
Report to Head of Section Business Development & Sales Oil & Gas Germany.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking an Energy Analyst to join an extraordinary team as we use energy data, innovative analytic methods, and collaborative, outside-of-the-box collaboration design and evaluate the next generation of distributed energy resources and demand-side management solutions. Specifically, our team is looking to hire an Energy Analyst to use research and analytics to understand the impacts and optimize the strategies of utility-scale energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource programs. This role will involve strategic problem solving by synthesizing your skills in analytics, programming, data visualization, and awareness of industry-relevant topics, to develop on-point analyses, reports, and presentations. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to think critically through a problem statement, create and execute a concise analysis plan, and collaborate proactively, dynamically, and efficiently across a variety of project team.
This position is based out of our Portland, OR; OR Oakland, CA office.
Tasks May Include
- Dynamically apply robust analytic methodologies and innovative coding techniques with energy policy and program design and evaluation contexts. Emerging topical trends include: energy electrification, resilience, equity, and creating alignment between forecasted energy demand to forecasted renewable energy supply.
- Design and code original analyses that quantify the achieved impacts, forecast potential impacts, and estimate cost-effectiveness of utility-scale energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resources programs
- Quantify the effectiveness of treatments within programs that leverage RCT experimental designs
- Support DNV GL’s digital transformation: review, revise, and improve pre-existing SAS, R, and Python code. Identify, recommend, and implement emerging analytic methods such as deep neural network and random forest machine learning models, etc.
- Utilize parallelized programming (Spark and/or Databricks experience a plus) for batch processing across large datasets
- Perform a variety of quality control checks to ensure the accuracy and defensibility of the analysis
- Interpret the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for client-facing reports and professional papers
- Maintain existing programmed analyses; identify enhancements; track and promote usage across company
- Develop and maintain products that deliver data visualizations/reports to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
- Project/Task Management
- Support project plan development and manage tasks and/or projects (including client interactions)
- By understanding and following the energy efficiency and renewable energy markets and regulatory ecosystems, develop, improve, and advance repeatable analytic offerings
- Work with internal staff and subcontractors to meet project objectives
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting workload; managing allocated task budgets; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions where necessary
- Interview business stakeholders to identify focus of research and expected project outcome (scope, background, business case, etc.)
- Behavior and Communication
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff all levels to find information, learn new skills, troubleshoot problems, and address complex issues
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Contribute meaningfully to team efforts to achieve group and company goals while providing insight, enthusiasm, and support
- Act as a role model for other staff through your leadership, mentorship, and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times, including in written and verbal communications
- Represent DNV GL at industry conferences and events, including after-hours activities
DNV GL - Software is a major supplier of strategic, technical software within the oil and gas, process, energy and maritime industries. It also deploys innovative QHSE solutions within general industry, healthcare and transportation/aviation sectors. Our customer base is global.
Synergi Plant offers a complete plan-do-check-act approach for managing asset integrity risk quantitatively or qualitatively. It is part of DNV GL's asset performance management (APM) offering. It empowers companies to capture, integrate and visualize data, which can be further integrated with analytical tools such as reliability-centered maintenance (RCM), risk-based inspection (RBI), performance forecasting (RAM analysis) and safety integrity level (SIL) with the clear objective of improving the reliability and availability of assets
DNV GL Digital Solutions Plant ecosystem is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support and Training team. Working as part of a global team, the location of this role is flexible but will reflect our current Technical Support Team presence in Houston, London, Dubai, KL and Shanghai. Other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
You are now invited to become part of this dynamic business unit.
Working closely with colleagues in the Plant Ecosystem, the Technical Support Engineer role will entail assisting our customers in their daily use of advanced software products such as Phast & Safeti, Maros & Taro.
The Technical Support Engineer, Plant Ecosystem will report to the Head of Department of DNV GL Digital Solutions who is located in our office in London, UK.
- Handling customer support queries from start to finish via email, web and telephone
- Delivering customer training and webinars
- Demonstrating software and delivering pre-sales support
- Visiting customers as the need arises
- Performing internal and external presentations (for example at user conferences)
- Liaising with colleagues in second line support to resolve complex questions
- Tracking support calls to conclusion and performing follow-up analysis
- Relaying customer feedback and experiences into product development plans
- Software testing
Up to 50% travelling required at times (max. 2 weeks per month)
DNV GL - Energy KEMA Powertest is seeking a Senior Electrical Technician responsible for performing routine and corrective maintenance on electrical and electromechanical equipment at the KEMA Laboratories Chalfont facility campus.
This position is based at our high voltage laboratory in Chalfont, PA.
Tasks May Include
- Under the direction of the Head of Section Engineering & Maintenance
- Safely and effectively execute assigned preventive and corrective maintenance Work Order tasks
- Identify opportunities for improving equipment and facility performance and make recommendations to the Head of Department Maintenance and Asset Management and Head of Section Operations Support
- Lead troubleshooting and corrections of any facility or equipment malfunctions, failures, sub-optimal performance, etc.
- Identify and take appropriate action to identify root cause and recommend long term corrective action to permanently and effectively resolve the issue
- Safely and effectively operate cranes, hoists, man lifts, fork lifts and other motorized equipment
- Perform the duties of Technicians as operating conditions require
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable procedures, vendor manuals, original equipment manufacturer instructions, etc. for electrical/mechanical equipment throughout the KEMA Laboratories Chalfont facility campus
- Working knowledge of electrical diagnostic instrumentation and maintenance tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Section
- Act on behalf of the Head of Section in his/her absence
Support on Risk Analysis Studies, Risk Based Inspection, Management Systems, Compliance, Trainings:
- technical report
- marketing material
- simulations (specific software)
We are seeking Accounting Intern for the Global Centre GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
Accounting Intern will initially report to the Team Leader of particular Accounting Stream. The Intern is a member of a team of accountants; overseeing all accounting duties of a given geographical region.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a team player with ability to create an atmosphere of motivation and enthusiasm to be part of building up the Global Centre. You will play a key role in service implementation of the accounts receivable processes.
- Processing automatic dunning in a timely and accurate manner
- Understanding and developing the current state of processes
- Analyzing and responding to Client’s and customer’s requests
- Working closely with the Client and building up good relationship
- Working on everyday improvements to the process.
As a result of further growth of our Business Assurance Unit in Antwerp we are continuously looking for qualified candidates in the following areas:
- Petro-chemical industry, offshore, recycle industry, storage and distribution and port industry for standards like 9001/14001/45001 and 50001,
- Information Security ISO 27001 (preferably combined with health background),
- Food and Beverage overall for GFSI standards like FSSC/BRC /IFS,
- Food and Beverage Packaging for GFSI standards like FSSC / BRC IOP.
We are looking for a Student Assistant for our Hull, Machinery and TOCA team. You will be included in the process of vessles' transfer between classes. Your main tasks will include:
- Support of the document control team and project managers in the area of document handling
- Receival of customer documents (electronically, by email or download of customer systems)
- Checking for completeness
- Input in DMS (Document Management System)
- Support of the internal process of document distribution
- Document check and feedback of the results to the customer
- Check for missing documents based on transmittals
- Other support in the area of Project Management
The business unit Maritime Ship Classification Approval (M-SA) at DNV GL consists of Approval Centre Poland (ACP) in Gdynia, Approval Centre Germany (ACG) in Hamburg and Approval Centre Norway (ACN) in Høvik. Main competences of the Approval Centres (AC) are approval, verification and certification services for maritime related assets, mainly newbuilding, conversions, alternations and certification of materials and components.
Pre-contract and Project Management unit within Approval Centre Poland is responsible for effective coordination and managing the end-to-end process of the newbuilding classification, ships’ conversions and other multidiscipline projects.
We are looking for three technical support engineers- graduated or students, who will be responsible for handling and ensuring data quality of the incoming technical documentation regarding shipbuilding projects, using internal production system and preparation of the survey reports for the surveyors and vessels’ owners.
You will gain a unique opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the following:
- General overview of the technical classification documentation,
- Handling of the Class Entry Documents for ships in operation,
- Preparation of the survey reports,
- Close cooperation with international technical departments across DNV GL’s global approval network.