The Project Engineering team provides consultancy services for renewable assets at every stage of project delivery and for all project transactions, to enable our customers to maximise the potential of their projects and to drive cost competitiveness through intelligent application of technical solutions.
Our main customers are assets owners and operators, banks, investment firms, and utilities.
The Iberian PE team is currently formed by 10 people working in Zaragoza, Madrid, Barcelona, and Lisbon. 4 another collegues are working in Latin America.
This role is to enhance capabilities and increase resources of the Project Engineering (PE) team, focussing on construction monitoring activities.
The focus of Civil and Electrical Engineers will be on providing construction monitoring services of wind and solar projects.
In addition it is expected that the candidates support on other technical consulting services throughout the development, procurement, and operation phases of wind project, and that they have Project Management capabilities.
- Construction follow-up to monitor construction progress
- Grid connection works
- Electrical and/or civil works supervision
- Quality assurance
- Project supervision
- Wind turbine technology
- Construction and operation contracts
- Construction schedule
- Acceptance of construction works
- Monthly construction meeting organization with the contractor(s)
- Approval of contractual payment schedule condition precedents
- Approval of take-over condition precedents and punch list issuance
The team in Paris consists of around 20 consultants, organised in 2 sections. The consultant would belong to the Safety Risk team but would work across the 2 sections. As a Consultant, you would work together with other colleagues on risk assessment advisory projects for mainly external customers in O&G industry (upstream, downstream, gas), with the aim to help our customers in the design of new or existing facilities regarding the protection of people, environment and assets.
Check out what our employees find interesting in DNV GL -
- Working together with experts in a dynamic team in the implementation and delivery of safety & asset risk system projects;
- Managing - after some development and coaching - also own projects;
- Supporting business development and sales activities;
- Developing technical & commercial skills in domestic and international projects.
The Business Unit Oil &Gas Germany of the DNV GL Group has more than 80 employees at the location in Hamburg (Germany) and offers a wide service portfolio along the entire oil and gas value chain. The section Risk Management Advisory covers, among others, consulting and trainings in the following service areas:
- Process Hazard Analysis (HAZID, HAZOP, FME( C)A, FTA, ETA etc.)
- Implementation and auditing of safety management systems
- Functional Safety
- Reliability analysis
- Incident investigation
As a competent project partner we support our clients through the whole project lifetime from feasibility studies over the design and the operation of plants to the decommissioning. Our client portfolio ranges from design companies to operators for Oil and Gas upstream plants, storage facilities and refineries as well as chemical processing plants (whole downstream sector). Services for reliability and incident investigations are also provided to other industries.
The section Risk Management Advisory works closely together with other disciplines in Hamburg as well as the worldwide network of DNV GLs risk consultants. The wide range of tasks offers several inter disciplinary activities, technical challenges and good development opportunities for an open and flexible engineer/consultant that likes to work in a wide range of technical fields and has already a profound knowledge of one or more of our service areas.
We want to strengthen out the team with a consultant being able to work in all of the above service areas with the possibility of specialization for dedicated subjects.
The job covers an in depth team working and:
- Management and processing of our key clients in the field of risk management
- Technical support in the area of new client development and during the setup of proposals
- Set up and implementation of solutions for technical and organizational challenges of our clients
- Support of our clients through method expertise in process and plant safety
- Safety studies and risk management projects during design and operation of plants
- Trainings, Workshops, Audits, Desktop work.
DNV GL – Energy’s Energy Advisory group is seeking a leader for its Operational Excellence Department (OPE) group. The Senior Principal Consultant must have demonstrated vision, leadership, drive, and the business experience to grow and expand the OPE business in the Americas. This role involves the formulation of objectives and strategies, staff management, business development, high-value consulting delivery and contributions to and oversight of OPE’s overall profit and loss as a business. Reporting to the Regional Manager – Energy Advisory Americas.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned consulting professional with a proven track record of client relationship development, business development, providing and managing effective and professional consulting results, and providing inspirational leadership within an organization.
The ideal candidate for this position is a business generator, capable of developing and leveraging relationships in pursuit of our strategy and bringing sound business decisions to his/her department. This person takes great pride in being able to grow new contacts into trusted advisory relationships. As a Department manager, this individual can see beyond obvious short-term opportunities and can focus his/her team on exploiting seams of opportunity within the energy sector.
This position is based out of our Oakland, CA office.
Tasks May Include
- Strategically grow the business in response to market opportunities
- Direct and perform business development activities to support annual revenues and provide year-over-year double digits growth of sales and revenue
- Responsible for quality of consulting deliverables for OPE consulting projects
- Ensuring that all consulting engagements meet the guiding principles as established by DNV GL
- Delivering strong knowledge of industry trends in utility operations, including advances in technology and the resulting impact on managing business
- Providing clear and concise business writing in various formats including presentation slides, business plans, white papers or other textual material for mid-level and executive client delivery
- Demonstrating confident and comfortable relations in senior executive utility interactions in relationship-building and business development settings
- Developing and delivering publications in trade journals, presentations at conferences, and articulating points of view
- Provide and support consulting services to clients:
- Provide relevant knowledge of utility planning, asset management and operational systems and its impact on business strategies and processes
- Identifying complex business issues and recommending value added solutions
- Candidates will work on real world Digital Development Projects and acquire knowledge of software development, data analytics and IoT skills;
- Candidates will gain hands-on experience working on e.g. cloud applications, web development, machine learning, etc.;
- Candidates will assist DNV GL’s Digital Development Team and undertake challenging tasks related to web development and data processing;
- Candidate will learn how to deploy and monitor cloud solutions and undertake trouble shooting when required.
We are seeking Group Leader HR Office with German for our Global Centre HR. The Group Leader HR Office will be responsible for delivery of day-to-day quality services for Central Europe GSS HR Region according to legal and company requirements. In this role you will lead the team of 3-4 Specialists.
To succeed in this role you will provide leadership skills, project management skills, coordination skills and on-the-job training skills for the members of the team. You will be a role model for colleagues in HR Office and actively support service implementation, development and continuous improvement of HR Office deliveries.
- Leading the team of 4 Specialist and 1 intern including staff development, setting goals, performance reviews, and supervisory responsibilities.
- Coordination of the work of the team to assure high quality service within:
- Contract and document management according to local legal requirements and DNV GL requirements
- HR reporting and analytics: information and statutory reporting (preparation and delivery of legal and statutory reports, and preparation and delivery of internal HR reports)
- Data management (validating and maintaining all relevant data according to the local legal regulations and DNV GL requirements)
- Administration of country specific data according to local rules and policies
- Training team members within HR Office administration tasks (mainly on-the-job training)
- Project team member to evaluate, design and improve processes within HR Office
- Active role in implementation of our new HR IT system and software
- Approximately 50% of time shall be dedicated to leading others and 50% dedicated to work as the Senior Specialist within the team
- Coordinate small projects related to internal HR Processes
DNV GL – Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking an Energy Analyst to join our team. In our predictive Analytics team we conduct research to understand the impacts and optimize the strategies of utility-scale energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource programs. This role will involve strategic problem solving by synthesizing your skills in analytics, programming, data visualization, and awareness of industry-relevant topics, to develop on-point analyses, reports, and presentations. This position is based out of our Oakland, CA office.
Tasks May Include
- Brainstorm, design, and code original analyses that quantify the achieved impacts, forecast potential impacts, and estimate cost-effectiveness of utility-scale energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resources programs
- Forecast site-level consumption using a variety of modeling techniques such as linear regressions, random forest algorithms, artificial neural networks, etc.
- Utilize parallelized programming (Apache Spark, Hadoop, etc) for batch processing across large datasets
- Perform a variety of quality control checks to ensure the accuracy and defensibility of the analysis
- Interpret the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for client-facing reports and professional papers
- Maintain existing programmed analyses; identify enhancements; track and promote usage across company
- Develop and maintain products that deliver data visualizations/reports to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
- Project/Task Management
- Support project plan development and manage tasks and/or projects (including client interactions)
- By understanding and following the energy efficiency and renewable energy markets and regulatory ecosystems, develop, improve, and advance repeatable analytic offerings
- Work with internal staff and subcontractors to meet project objectives
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting workload; managing allocated task budgets; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions where necessary
- Interview business stakeholders to identify focus of research and expected project outcome (scope, background, business case, etc.)
- Behavior and Communication
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff all levels to find information, learn new skills, troubleshoot problems, and address complex issues
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Contribute meaningfully to team efforts to achieve group and company goals while providing insight, enthusiasm, and support
- Act as a role model for other staff through your leadership, mentorship, and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times, including in written and verbal communications
- Represent DNV GL at industry conferences and events, including after-hours activities
Within our Digital Grid Operation business, we have a vacancy for a consultant who is able to advise our customers on the topic of digital transformation of system operation, including topics like Advanced DMS, Data Management and Grid Analytics.
Within our department, you will be able to help drive the digital transformation that our customers are facing respective to their operational technology (OT) solutions. Based on your affinity with the (electrical) utility industry you will deliver excellent and concrete results for our customers. This may include aspects like defining information architectures and data models, improving data quality and data management but may also consist of delivering a prototype of a data analytics use case. It can also include requirement management related to next generation applications that run in the core of a power utility like ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management Systems), MDMS (Meter Data Management), GIS and DERMS (Distribued Energy Resource Management).
Your tasks and responsibilities:You will be providing our customers in the energy sector with the following types of consultancy services:
- Roadmap studies
- Requirement Specifications
- Data management and modelling, data analytics
- Proof of concepts, pilot and prototype development
- SupplierProject Management
- Test Management
- QA reviews
- Providing Training and workshop facilitation
You will be working in a client-facing environment, either as part of a project team or individually. You will also take part in business development and sales activities, aiming to generate assignments for yourself and other members of our team. You will identify market opportunities and develop our existing services in the NEMEA market and establish new opportunities for our company. The work will be carried out in national and international project teams in collaboration with both DNV GL and clients’ experts and consultants.
Are you eager to advise our customers on the digital transformation of their system operations? Apply now and become our new colleague!
In the coming years, the electric grid will drastically change. Many utilities realize they will need a transition from traditional business models in to the digital age, using technologies and concepts like Grid Optimization, IT/OT integration, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Advanced Management Systems (ADMS). DNV GL is aiming to expend it presence in the Belgium market in this area and that’s why we are looking for you!
DNV GL- Energy’s Intelligent Networks & Communication (INC) department offers business and technical advisory and test services to national and international Transmission System Operators, Distribution Network Operators as well as technology providers. This team supports our customers with the transition towards the smart grid. One of the standards that will facilitate the transition towards smarter grids is is the IEC 61850 standard, together with other important standards and protocols like IEC 60870-5-101/104 and DLMS. DNV GL is the global thought leader in providing software test tools and test services for this these standards and provides IEC protocols consultancy related advisory services and trainings.
As a Junior Consultant for DNV GL you will be involved in crucial developments and changes that our utility customers are facing and in the area of digital transformation of their OT (operational technology) solutions. You will mainly work in projects for, and develop our business at, utilities and manufacturers in Belgium.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
You will be working in a customer-facing environment, either as part of a project team or individually.
You will be working in a small team or individually on client-oriented solutions with a commercial approach in the customer’s organization. The work will be carried out in Belgium and internationally (when required by customers) in collaboration with both DNV GL and clients’ experts and consultants. In addition, you will be trained in the aforementioned standards and the Quality Assurance guidelines (test procedures, test cases, etc.).
You will have a diverse role in which you will be responsible for providing our customers in the energy sector with the following types of consultancy services:
- Proof of concepts
- Requirement specifications
- System specification and modelling
- Supplier selection and Tendering support
- Support with the development of proposals.
- Write test reports
- Maintain our quality systems
- Contribute to the development of current and new services
Are you interested in being part of both the technological and green revolutions? Do you consider yourself to be as passionate and customer centric as we are? Do you look for a Start-Up mindset at the core of the strategy of a multinational corporate body? At GreenPowerMonitor you might be lucky enough to find them all! In addition to the above, we have fun providing state-of-the-art monitoring solutions for the renewables industry: come join us!
GreenPowerMonitor is looking for a talented and passionate agile pro willing to help us take our monitoring solutions to the next level, as part of a game-changing goal to become the world’s best renewables monitoring suite in the years to come. Your responsibilities will include customer interaction, requirement gathering, product development execution, time-to-time upper management reporting as well as championing continuous innovation within your SCRUM team and product area.
- Manage, prioritize and own the product’s backlog. Be responsible for proper requirement gathering;
- Deeply understand customer and market needs and passionately defend the voice of the customer in front of your team;
- Participate in team meetings including (but not limited to) sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives;
- Drive the execution of functionality with your scrum team in a timely manner;
- Champion continuous innovation within your product area and foster cross-area communication and alignment;
- Support product marketing and solution consulting with training and content to assist in product launches;
- Assist business development teams in remote or physical time-to-time on-sites (note travelling is subject to your willingness/availability).
The Inspection Services business stream provides Clients with the assurance that their materials, components, and equipment are made to the right code, standard or end-user specification. Our product portfolio consists of:
- Inspection and certification to codes, standards, and regulations
- Worldwide vendor surveillance and site inspection (also known as second-party services, working on behalf of an end user)
- The non-Inspection business provides Technical Assurance (Certification & Verification of Assets) as well as Advisory Services (e.g. Risk Management, Due Diligence, Marine Operations)
We generally inspect high-value and safety-critical equipment for energy-related projects (O&G, traditional and renewable energy, etc.) such as steam boilers, valves, pressure equipment, and rotating equipment. We also specialize in the inspection and certification of offshore and onshore containers, as well as port cranes. Our global design appraisal team works across sectors to assess engineering designs for oil and gas, petrochemical, power, containers, and cranes all in service of delivering a proactive, professional and efficient support service to both internal and external clients.
The role involves developing, managing and growing new business opportunities within the areas of Inspection, Certification and Verification and Advisory services along the mentioned value chains. The BD Manager will promote the entire DNV GL O&G range of services in these areas to both new and existing customers in the O&G and process industries. This will involve conducting regular customer and site visits and account management of existing clients; working to grow opportunities and resolve issues or concerns they may have.
This is a highly visible, client facing role which will manage existing accounts and attain new business in order to grow our client base and achieve sales targets.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth in order to achieve/exceed agreed sales targets
- Liaise with technical delivery teams to define resource capability and prepare competitive proposals
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients' business to create clear value propositions
- Implement account management strategies to create opportunities for cross-selling a full range of DNV GL O&G services to meet clients' needs
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the clients' end-use markets, their important customers, and their main competitors
- Follow up leads and work with relevant internal stakeholders to define the scope of work, prepare bids and see them through to execution
- Collect feedback from clients and work with internal teams to resolve client concerns; identify trends and make recommendations for implementing solutions
- Keep strong communication lines open with other sales colleagues, account managers and business development community across the Business Area and the wider DNV GL Group
- Determine clients' current and future needs and provide feedback to relevant departments about product requirements and/or enhancements
- Monitor and report on all client meetings and visits, including relevant competitor activity. Contribute to appropriate sales review meetings
- Support and represent DNV GL at industry events, local seminars and presentations
- Coach technical delivery team towards a more client and commercial focus
- Providing management with feedback, regular reporting and market intelligence
What is the role about?
- To perform sales and acquisition telecommunications for mainly our professional product certification and inspection services to reach the given individual and team targets
- To prepare quotations and keep CRM system up to date with all relevant prospect, quote and inquiry information
To perform sales visits at the prospect site and able to grow into the role of senior sales officer
- To monitor and actively follow up on outstanding quotations
- To provide information to (potential) customers
- To make sure the company information packages are up-to-date and available
- To contribute positively to teambuilding processes
- To be service minded towards external customers and ensure that a customer will come back to DNV GL any time
- To ensure that the independent nature of the DNV GL scheme is not compromised at any time
- Support and work together with Sales Executives (processing contracts, contract changes and quotes)
- Reporting to Team Leader Product Assurance.
What do we offer?
- Exiting international environment and potential inside a multi-national company, and specifically related to our professional certification services to a large and small company.
- Enthusiastic working environment among similar peers.
- Vibrant team where you can contribute with own ideas and actions
- A growth path and career in sales of professional services with the ability to become Sales Executive / perform sales visits in coming years, or other career paths.
- Appropriate compensation and good secondary benefits, incl. sales incentive scheme up to a maximum of 45% of annual salary (OTE)
DNV GL – Energy's Sustainable Energy Use – PDI group is seeking an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join the NV Energy Programs team. This position is designated to assist with energy audits, project inspections and customer education. This position is based out of our Las Vegas, NV office.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment at Utility commercial and industrial businesses
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about the installed equipment or program information
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify energy efficiency opportunities and generate corresponding energy report
- Conduct program presentations to inform customers of energy service offering
- Project management support
- Database management support
- Weekly, Monthly and annual reporting
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Consultant to grow and develop innovative solutions that address current cyber security market and regulatory challenges. You will be proactive in business development, and taking ownership of client deliverables utilizing consistent methodologies, processes and toolsets for good practice development and contributing to the success of the business unit. This position may be based out of our offices in Houston (Katy), Texas; Oakland, California; or Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
The Cyber Security service line includes (but is not limited to) the following services:
- Penetration Tests
- Cyber Vulnerability Assessments
- Cyber Security Due Diligence Investigation
- Cyber Security Policies and Procedures Development
- Incident Response Planning
- Cyber Security Risk Assessment
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training
Tasks may include
- Work closely with team members in this unit, members from the global cyber security network, and other internal stakeholders from business areas Oil & Gas, Energy, Business Assurance, and Maritime to meet the aspirations of the business plan, and ensure operational delivery as the company moves towards a leading position in the Americas cyber security markets.
- Support the Head of Department in creating business plans and strategy
- Prepare and conduct external and internal customer meetings and presentations
- Write business proposals and Statements of Work (SOW) for large and small projects, and estimate project delivery tasks
- Take ownership of small to mid-sized projects, including project management and delivery of all project needs such as written and oral feedback to the client, presentation materials, evaluations, data summaries and reports
- Follow up on business opportunities, lead on negotiation and closing of business contracts
- Perform business development, reporting and forecasting
DNV GL – Digital Solutions’ Electric Grid Ecosystems Software group is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. The Software Developer will work with a collaborative team of digital craftspeople to develop, enhance, and deliver industry-leading applications to customers in the electric power industry. This position may be based out of a remote (home) office, with travel to our offices in Corvallis OR 1 or 2 days per week.
Tasks May Include
- Working creatively with domain experts and users to build innovative, exceptional cloud-based solutions
- Writing browser-based application front end code or microservices back end code, or both (full stack)
- Writing behavioral unit / integration tests
- Working with source code management, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Building and/or using application performance & health monitoring tools to support development, test and production use
- Working with a team of independent test engineers to troubleshoot and fix issues that arise
The Digital Solutions Consultant will be responsible for designing and implementing data-driven solutions for managing mission-critical assets in the maritime, oil and gas, power and renewables industry.
The Consultant will provide a range of client-facing consulting services and data analytics solutions to help our customers improve their O&M practices with enhanced safety, reliability and efficiency. This individual will develop robust and effective data-driven solutions leveraging the state-of-the-art machine learning, signal processing, and other data analytics techniques as well as the modern big data and IoT techniques.
The Consultant will be required to carry out data analysis and programming task that includes evaluating on the facility operations, maintenance, identifying component failure indicator and automated reporting features and performance data. These development of solution will focus on planning, maintenance decision making, risk management, operations and maintenance management.
These include technical research, data analysis, communication and sensor technology integration, analysis system programming and problem solving activities.
Local employment conditions apply.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Solutions Sales Manager contributes to the unit’s goals for order intake, revenues, profitability, and market penetration in South East Asia and Australia by the following activities:
- Promote and sell the company’s existing software and services products by identifying and managing opportunities in targeted industries and geographies.
- Successfully and professionally manage the entire sales process in accordance with company systems and policies and manage RFx processes and other tender processes
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Consistently building and delivering an accurate opportunity pipeline.
- Assisting with executing short and long-range sales and marketing plans.
- Actively engage with the Sales team and other colleagues, sharing knowledge and ideas in support of profitable growth and customer success.
- Work closely with other Business Areas in DNV GL to extend the DNV GL portfolio of applications and services
- Support and promote established relationships with industry and solution partners to maximize sales and sustain a leading position in the market
- Meet or exceed the revenue target for our products and identify short-term as well as long-term business opportunities
- Gather intelligence and obtain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the client's business issues and challenges
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Use the CRM tool to manage and record all stages of the sales cycle
- Develop and grow relationships within the global sales team and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
- Participate in global sales team gatherings and sales initiatives
- Other sales and business development activities as required, in support of company strategies and goals
- Local permanent employment terms & conditions
The DNV GL Oil and Gas Unit in Indonesia, is part of Oil & Gas Region South East Asia and Australia operations, and holds an important strategic position for DNV GL in the marketplace, both locally and globally. The unit has responsibilities for providing and delivering risk advisory, technical assurance, and technical advisory related services for the oil and gas industry with diverse customer portfolios.
We are currently seeking to employ a qualified candidate with relevant experience for the position of Senior Consultant (HSEQ) for Risk Advisory Services in OGTC Singapore and Indonesia, and to be specifically assigned in Jakarta. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to various activities, such as business development, project management, and project delivery to various customers primarily, but not limited to the oil and gas industry. This position includes exposure to various projects, large and small, working with teams from different geographic locations, and offers great opportunities for personal and professional career development.
DNV GL Energy delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support investors, project developers, generators, network operators, industrials, regulators and policy makers around the globe.
- Deliver consultancy services for customers in Asia Pacific
- Support protocol conformance testing
- Support SCADA/EMS/DMS advisory projects
- Support cyber security test and review projects
- Support the acquisition of new projects including preparation of proposals and meetings with customers
- Support preparations of reports, delivery of presentations and completion of project reports to our customers
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is offering a one year Software Testing Internship in our Corvallis, OR office. This internship requires up to 25 hours per week, and offers a flexible schedule within normal business hours. This internship offers up to $25 per hour, with no additional benefits.
Tasks May Include
- Learn DevOps and automated testing for future of Electric Grid Ecosystem operations on Azure
- Take direction from Test Team on reported problem, potential causes and troubleshoot the issue
- Write up defects in defect tracking system with direction from team
- Communicate with Development Team on defect findings and resolution
- Communicate with Test Team on defect finding and resolutions
- Report to Test Manager on daily activities