This position will be located in our Melbourne, Australia office. In addition to Melbourne and Sydney, our Asia Pacific Energy and Renewables Advisory consulting practice has principal offices in Bangkok, Singapore, Shanghai, Tokyo and Bangalore.
The Energy Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of energy assessment and data analytics services to support due diligence for commercial and utility scale solar and wind energy projects. Typical duties may include:
- Data analysis and development of meteorological files and assumptions for inclusion in solar and wind energy assessments.
- Forecasting long-term solar and wind resource using measure-correlate-predict methods and other regression models.
- Creation of software input files based on documented or review of experimental data.
- Development of annual and long term solar and wind energy assessments, using PVsyst, WAsP, CFD, WindFarmer and other modelling tools.
- Development of uncertainty analyses using statistical and pragmatic approaches to determine probabilistic energy production forecasts.
- Conduct energy production and technical reviews of portfolios of residential and commercial solar projects, and provide opinions regarding potential flaws in process or methodology.
- Analysis of energy production data from solar and wind projects, including comparison of operating vs. modelled data, downtime analyses, and various other comparative analyses using quantitative data analysis techniques.
- Review of test procedures and methods to collect data to evaluate the performance of solar and wind projects.
- Review and provide comments on resource assessments and energy estimates provided by other consultants.
- Perform energy yield optimisation analysis.
- Technical report writing.
- Interfacing with clients to discuss results and risk mitigation.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals including scope of services, schedule and budgeting.
- Assist in the preparation of technical papers or presentations.
- Customer management.
- Project management.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Medical Doctor to perform assessment and review of clinical data of medical devices according to the requirements given in the European Medical Device Regulation, and the process requirements given in DNV’s Quality Management System.
- Assessment and reporting on clinical aspects of manufacturers technical documentation according to the requirements given in the Medical Device Regulation and the process requirements given in DNV’s Quality Management System.
- Evaluation of the summary of safety and clinical performance reports for high risk medical devices.
- Review of periodic safety update reports
- Communication and follow-up of external clinical experts.
- Communication with the customers, technical assessors with regards to requirements, status and clinically relevant aspects
- Plan and execute assessment of clinical data as required, within agreed timescales and economic budget.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit technical and experienced Non-Active Medical Device Assessors. The successful candidates will be responsible for assessments against the manufacturing of medical devices, in accordance with MDR 745/2017, enabling the delivery of assessment and certification services that meet customer requirements and appropriate accreditation standards.
- Conduct assessments (either desk-based or on client’s sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Conduct Technical File reviews specific for products being authorized.
- Complete all chargeable work within the required budget and timeframes to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
- Complete specific projects in relation to medical device procedures, processes, systems and documentation as requested by the Medical Devices Operations Manager.
- If required, undertake reviews of packs and make certification decisions within target timescales and in line with DNV policies and accreditation/approval requirements.
- Project manage auditing teams, as appropriate, to maximize efficiencies, enhance client satisfaction and ensure compliance with standards.
DNV Energy Systems –is seeking a Director of Client Success–to position our energy systems EVOLVE Digital Suite of tools and implementation services with clients. Engage with current and prospective clients and manage relationships with utilities across North America.
The successful candidate will develop and execute an annual action plan to ensure that customer experience and growth targets are achieved and that other key performance indicators are met. The successful candidate will develop long-term relationships with key decision makers within targeted customers, inform the EVOLVE Digital Suite product roadmap, ensure high customer satisfaction, and identify new business opportunities.
Tasks May Include
- Ensure high quality customer experience to new and existing customers
- Build strategic relationships and position yourself as a trusted advisor to key customers
- Maximize employee engagement and skills development within their teams
- Inform the EVOLVE product roadmap to deliver on client priorities
- Own your metrics and drive the plan to attain and exceed them
- Improve platform and services adoption rate and maximize customer value
- Identify and act on bottlenecks and areas of improvement
The Approval organization within Maritime Ship Classification consists of Approval Centre Norway (Høvik and Ålesund), Approval Centre Germany (Hamburg) and Approval Support Centre Poland (Gdynia). A total number of employees is ~430 with the two bigger units in Norway and Germany and a smaller unit in Poland. The main delivery from the Approval organization is approval, verification and certification services for different maritime related assets, mainly newbuildings, systems and components.
The Approval organization in DNV GL is driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the Approval organization you act in a professional, competent and service-oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
We are seeking a skillful, curious, and agile Senior Engineer in our Pressure and Underwater Technology section located in Hamburg, Germany. You will be part of our team of 18 highly qualified engineers, who are responsible for assessing various types of pressure equipment against international/national regulations and standards (ASME, EN, DIN, AD Merkblatt etc.), classification rules, etc. Our section is responsible for the classification and certification in the wide field of pressure vessels, steam boilers and underwater technology.
- Design assessment of systems and components in the field of pressure and underwater technology
- Plan approval of pressure equipment, manned and unmanned underwater vehicles, underwater technology systems and components
- Close cooperation with international customers
- Performance of customer meetings, workshops and inspection at clients or testing sites
- Improvement and streamlining of work processes
- Acquisition of new business opportunities
DNV is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated electrical expert to join our Taiwan team.
As an independent advisor, the Senior Electrical Engineer will provide independent and Owner’s Engineering services through the entire lifecycle of offshore and onshore wind projects located in Taiwan and in other countries in Asia. DNV GL also expect that part of his/her time will be allocated to support business development activities and eventually some research and development projects.
Job activities will include:
- Project: As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Senior Electrical Engineer will be involved in technical advisory services for projects under development, construction and operation which may include but not limited to technical due diligences, constructions monitoring, assessment of the project performance, site inspections and project management. The Senior Electrical Engineer will prepare and deliver technical report, presentations and discuss methodologies and results with Customers;
- Business Development: The candidate will be responsible for the further electrical and grid related business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market maintain the required network of contacts, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs;
- Research and Development. Participate in local and global internal R&D projects related to the offshore wind and solar business.
The Consultant shall be responsible for providing a variety of solar energy-related consulting services associated with
- PPA, EPC and O&M contract reviews
- Technology review
- Site assessments
- Technology evaluation and risk assessment
- EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring;
- Technical report writing
- Business development activities including
- Manage and develop customer relationships of lenders, developers, funds and investors.
- Understand their development and investment plans and discuss services that would best suit their requirements in markets that they are investing.
- Establish customer relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the solar industry.
Do you love to analyze marketing data, build customer personas, and create marketing campaigns that will drive business growth and enhance reputations? Are you passionate about renewable energy and sustainability and want to help companies find solutions to create a greener world? DNV is looking for a seasoned Field Marketer that can effectively communicate DNV ’s solutions and capabilities and create revenue opportunities.
As an integral part of the Energy Systems North America regional field marketing team, you will develop and refine marketing strategies, set SMART marketing targets, and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns based on market data and customer analytics that will drive lead generation and revenue. You will identify, prioritize, and manage marketing activities including email, social media, content development, and events that will contribute to the goals and KPIs of the business and the marketing team. This position can be remote from continental U.S.
This position will report to the Regional Communications Manager as part of the global Energy Systems Marketing Communications team.
Tasks May Include
- Be a professional advisor to the business and collaborate closely with business leaders to develop, implement, and measure dynamic and effective marketing campaigns
- Understand market conditions and identify customer challenges to effectively communicate solutions by developing and defining optimal, strategies, messages, and tactics.
- Able to define, plan, and execute cross-channel campaigns, especially for social media and digital platforms
- Apply account-based marketing techniques to a key account or customer portfolio
- Monitor and report on project KPIs to measure marketing ROI
- Tailor global brand campaigns for regional use
- Assure quality by understanding and applying global brand standards
- Promote cross-selling and include relevant services from other markets, customer segments, and business units where appropriate
- Manage the budget for activities as part of the larger regional marketing & communication budget
- Work with the Event Manager to develop and implement strategy for events (virtual or in person) to ensure ROI and lead generation
The Portuguese office is one of DNV’s chapters in Iberia, serving not only the Iberian market but also Latin America and Africa. Although, the actual physical location of DNV in Portugal entails people providing services for the Energy and Maritime businesses, originally the Energy team worked in a distinct location in Lisbon, being part of former KEMA. The energy practice was launched in 2008, already in straight collaboration with the Madrid office, with the main goal of supplying technical advisory services for the Portuguese market, in particular to EDP, the Portuguese DSO, and main generation company, and REN, the Portuguese TSO and system operator. The team was composed of local people that had worked in KEMA headquarters at Arnhem, The Netherlands, and other consultants and engineers that have had experience in other KEMA offices (e.g.: Bonn), international organizations, and/or have a good knowledge of the electricity sector in Portugal. Over the years, the team gained an international dimension and has worked with key players in Spain such as Naturgy, Iberdrola, REE, and Acciona and has also achieved several references in Latin America, providing very relevant assistance to players such as Energisa in Brazil or the Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional in Chile. On a less regular basis, the teamwork outside its native region, engaging in projects for the network operators in Portuguese spoken African countries, such as Angola and Mozambique. Outside Portuguese/Spanish speaking countries, the team has experience with working on projects in the Middle East, in particular in Dubai and Oman.
- Direct Project work. As part of the daily work and after proper training, it is expected that the Engineer will be involved in engineering and advisory tasks for Energy, mainly Solar projects.
- Technical due diligence processes focused on system electrical design review, main equipment review, project contracts review and financial model review.
- Owners engineering services focus on detail electrical design review and construction supervision.
- Project construction monitoring and on-site inspection;
- Operational data analytics to assess project performance trends and component behavior; and
- Site inspections for root cause analytics.
- Project Management. The Senior Engineer will coordinate and manage internal resources for the execution of projects and ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget, as well as meeting Customers’ expectations in terms of quality.
- Business Development. As part of the Energy Team, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for tracking business opportunities, market intelligence, develop services according to Industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with a focus on the Portuguese Energy market.
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the solar business.
As an Independent Wind Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical reports and consulting relating to due-diligence, bankability reviews, construction monitoring and other services for onshore wind turbine technologies. Billability targets will be established on an annual basis taking into account the level of effort required for high value non-billable activities.
The ideal candidate should be an engineer/consultant with a solid educational background in and strong affinity to renewable energies and minimum 2 years of professional experience in wind energy field, wanting to apply his or her technical skills to a rapidly growing and prospering renewable energy technology consulting field.
You will be responsible for providing project deliverables on time and under budget and to the high-quality standards of DNV GL. The candidate will also be responsible for Client interactions, including technical review and discussion and review of project deliverables, in addition to providing support in resolving project-related issues. DNV GL applies the seller-doer principle, meaning that the technical staff is also responsible to a certain degree for business development and sales.
Candidates need to have an understanding and working experience with wind turbine systems including the corresponding infrastructure. Typical duties may include:
- Technical review and consulting;
- Preparation of technical reports for Customers;
- Support the preparation of offers and tenders;
- Conduct site visits and construction monitoring activities;
- Participate in wind projects due diligences,
- Project responsibility;
- Support in and administration of project-documentation;
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary;
- Completing projects in budget, time and quality;
- Attending meetings with Clients;
- Assuming business development and sales tasks;
- Support teamwork throughout the immediate and greater organization, including international projects.
DNV GL – Business Assurance is seeking Aerospace Quality Management Systems Auditors to join our team on a full-time basis. This position may be based remotely, from any home office. Hours are flexible and variable as desired, with a maximum load of 90-95%.
Tasks May Include
- Perform 3rd party AS9100/9110/9120 audits for North American customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Provide customers with timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of conformity/implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Maintain appropriate auditor credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Contribute to the growth and development of a world-class, industry-leading auditing team
DNV-Energy Systems is recruiting a Project Manager (Solar/Wind/Storage) – M&A Advisory Services that will be responsible for technical and operational leadership for project management and technical advisory services in support of the M&A Advisory Service team. This team provides independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory services primarily in support of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and portfolio financing of development and operational renewable energy assets for diverse customers in the North American market. Services may also include projects or portfolios globally. Services from this team are delivered for both external as well as internal customers, depending upon the situation. The role will contribute to a high performing team of skilled staff both in and out of the M&A Advisory team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies.
This position is based out of our office Toronto,Canada or Montreal, QC office office
Tasks May Include
- Execute activities related to independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory projects being undertaken by DNV GL, with emphasis on interdisciplinary thinking and approach.
- Execute project management and technical consulting work, support resourcing efforts, and coordinate execution by others inside and outside the M&A Advisory team (M&A Advisory resources, wind/solar IE, technical disciplines, international teams, etc.) to deliver projects with high quality and within allocated time and budget.
- Ensure technical advisory services are executed in alignment with the global service lines, with regional variations as approved.
- Think creatively and leverage experience and expertise to develop customer-centric solutions supported by appropriate methodology for wind and solar projects, including:
- Construction and operating contract review and support,
- Construction and operating cost estimates and considerations,
- Holistic project evaluation based on technology, design, contracting, and operating history,
- Site inspection and interviews,
- Asset management approaches,
- Operating report review,
- Industry benchmarking and screening studies,
- Working flexibly and in partnership with customers to identify value and address risks and opportunities in M&A transactions.
- Perform technical checking and manage approval of work product.
- Prepare or coordinate standard and non-standard proposals and bids in consultation with the customer to ensure needs are being addressed.
- Serve as primary customer contact for M&A Advisory projects.
- Drive innovation efforts and coordination with other internal and external stakeholders as pertains to M&A work, including feedback of knowledge to pre-construction diligence work and digitalization efforts.
- With Head of Section, contribute to business development efforts for the Section, including cultivating new customer relationships, establishing new business lines, and cross-selling opportunities for other DNV GL services.
- Adhere to the DNV GL system for quality management, including liaising with QHSE leadership on developing procedures, instructions, guidelines, and checklists in order to ensure quality services produced in the Section.
- Ensure that project personnel are aware of the QHSE procedures and the importance of their contribution to the achievement of quality objectives.
- Identify and implement preventive and corrective actions in response to deviations, observations and nonconformities in consultation with the Head of Section.
- Follow-up on incidents, hazards and occupational health issues, including implementation of appropriate actions in consultation with the Head of Section.
DNV – Energy Systems unit is seeking a Technical Sales - Field Rep to join our Program Development Implementation (PDI) team in California, which serves utilities across the state through the implementation of energy efficiency programs. This is a critical role as part of a distributed team for an innovative new statewide program across California to increase the promotion and sale of efficient water heating technologies.
This position is based in the San Diego, Anaheim, or Oakland, California office or a remote office within CA.
Tasks May Include
- Serving as the main point of contact for assigned distributors of water heating equipment
- Running or coordinating outreach promotions and campaigns
- Obtaining and tracking leads using CRM software
- Scheduling and leading small stakeholder meetings, trainings, and PR events
- Providing logistical support the Outreach Manager in larger sales, marketing, and PR events
- Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging high efficiency water heating equipment
Local Unit & Position Description:
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team dedicated to making the world safer and more sustainable? At DNV, we strive to make a difference every single day. We’re committed and passionate about sustainability and are expanding our team.
Our Phoenix office is looking for a Clean Energy Engineer to help Arizona’s businesses and multifamily communities understand their energy use and utilize more clean energy. You’ll expand your knowledge and experience with industrial processes and building energy performance as you consult with contractors and facility managers to determine baseline energy use and energy-saving opportunities. This role performs energy savings analysis, supports major customer accounts, and educates customers on energy management opportunities. Our successful candidate will lead and mentor junior engineers and serve as an energy expert, delivering presentations at various customer and industry meetings and training events. This position is based in our LEED-certified Phoenix, AZ office (relocation allowance is available).
- Perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of complex energy efficiency projects involving HVAC, lighting, and industrial process equipment.
- Review and verify technical merits of customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications.
- Complete technical and financial analyses and prepare savings reports while identifying opportunities for additional energy savings.
- Advise businesses and multifamily communities on the benefits of clean energy and answer questions related to energy-saving equipment and projects.
GreenPowerMonitor offers products and services in the renewable energy sector, with a specific focus on photovoltaics and wind energy. With more than 10 years of experience, the company has consolidated its position as the independent leader in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy installations with more than 17.5GW, including more than 3,000 solar facilities, managed worldwide.
GreenPowerMonitor has a great depth of experience with renewable energy plants across the globe and delivers a market-leading integrated solution set for the management and maintenance of green energy installations that includes Hardware, Software and Services unmatched in the industry.
GreenPowerMonitor merged forces with DNV to make the world safer, smarter, greener.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com and www.dnv.com.
GreenPowerMonitor is looking for a talented and proactive person who will join our team in Barcelona as a Typescript Developer. The position is a part of Software Development Team.
You will be helping to develop the front end of DNV’s WindGEMINI service. This is an industry leading digital twin system, designed to help wind farms operate more efficiently and for longer. The system performs near-real time analysis of SCADA data from wind turbines, identifying opportunities to improve their performance.
You will be a part of a small team responsible for creating the clear, responsive interface that is essential for delivering often complex and subtle insights to our customers. Read more about the system at www.windgemini.com.
WindGEMINI is developed and operated by GreenPowerMonitor (GPM), a DNV Company.
The role will require you to:
- Analyse and propose architectures from a performance and minimum response time perspective, as well as implement clean, readable, and scalable code,
- Follow and embrace SOLID principles,
- Implement unit tests,
- Estimate developer tasks and participate in the design of new functionalities,
- Share your ideas and engage in discussion about technology with other developers across DNV.
DNV GL is in the middle of an exciting digital transformation, as are the industries we operate in. Our growing Business Intelligence team, present in Norway, Poland and India, is one of the key units in providing data, analytics services, insights and other data-enabled solutions to DNV GL’s internal and external customers globally.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Reporting Support Consultant
for our BICC Operational Team based in Gdynia, Poland
The BICC (Business Intelligence Competency Centre) Poland unit is part of the global BICC. It is a unit that is responsible for the development, maintenance and operation of DNV GL's analytics platform, supporting needs for fact-based decisions across the organization and providing DNV GL with trusted, refined and combined data for value adding insights.
We are seeking a Reporting Support Consultant for our BICC Poland Operational Team based in Gdynia, Poland to help us shape the future of our hybrid on-premise and cloud Business Intelligence platform.
So, are you ambitious and dreaming of joining a company that is all about being data smart? Do you enjoy working with great modern technologies and are up for a unique challenge?
Then come be a part of something great and leave your mark as we move towards a safer, smarter and greener future.
In your role you will have exposure to the entire end-to-end BI solution lifecycle:
- Power BI and Azure corporate platform support
- End-user supporting via ticketing system
- Troubleshooting, monitoring, deploying, data quality checking, scripting, investigating, and improving existing BI solutions
- Documentation of new and existing solutions
- Collaborating with local and international virtual teams, customers, and project stakeholders in an agile environment
DNV - Energy's “Power Systems Planning” group is seeking a senior engineer for power system planning to deliver services in the areas of power system studies and analysis, system planning, integration of renewable generation and future power systems concepts like storage and smart grid technologies. We are a team of 15 Engineers with a mix of highly motivated career beginners and very experienced senior engineers guiding our young colleagues and transfer their knowledge. The team supports transmission and distribution system operators, industrial clients and renewable generation operators. This position will be based in our Dresden office.
Your tasks include:
- Planning and dimensioning of technical equipment for power systems based on static and dynamic network analysis
- Development and improvement of modelling systems
- Detail investigation for special electrical issues
- Independently development of grid concepts and concepts for grid optimization
- Analysis and planning of smart grids
- Assessment of risks and investment strategies
- Project management and project steering
With more than 2,500 experts in more than 30 countries and more than 300 technicians and engineers in Germany, DNV GL Energy supports players in the energy industry with the aim of making energy supply safer, more reliable and more efficient while at the same time reducing CO2 emissions. DNV GL Energy Advisory GmbH Germany is part of the DNV GL Group.
We are looking to expand our measurement and diagnostic teams and looking for you:
As an employee of the measurement and diagnostic team of DNV GL Energy, you assume the following tasks and are responsible for:
- Checking the safety of assets and equipment in the medium, high and extra high voltage level
- Compliance with technical regulations and requirements for personal safety (earthing)
- Carrying out measurements and tests on electrical equipment, e.g. wind turbines and solar systems (sound measurements, EMC measurements, thermography, etc.)
- Review and evaluation of lightning protection and grounding measures (substations, industrial plants, transmission towers, etc.)
- Execution of diagnostics, measurements on transformers and bushings.
DNV GL Business Assurance North America’s Food and Beverage Division is seeking to fill the role of Food & Beverage Lead Auditor to join our team. This is a remote position based from any location in the continental U.S. with up to 80% travel.
DNV Business Assurance North America’s Food and Beverage Division partners with clients to assure quality and safety throughout the supply chain through certification, verification, training and assessment activities. As independent THIRD-PARTY auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to provide the highest quality and Food safe products. Our auditors perform 3rd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers. Auditors focus on clients certification according to their individual qualifications. Food and Beverage auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain.
- Performs 3rd party certification audits for US and Canada F&B customers to FSSC, SQF or BRC standards
- Performs 2nd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
Are you looking to join a global, growth-oriented company focused on creating a sustainable future for our planet?
DNV - Energy Systems Group is seeking a Program Manager to lead an emerging utility program delivering energy savings to small businesses in New Jersey. This role will coordinate the efforts of internal and external team members, manage contractors and bring new contractors/Trade Allies into the program.
This position is based out of our Newark, NJ Office.
Tasks May Include
- Work closely with line manager to understand and build strategies to engage the small business segment
- Develop an expert-level knowledge of the local small business market and its potential for energy efficiency/energy management programs
- Manage performance of several subcontractors
- Work with internal reporting staff to define and report on progress against key business/performance indicators
- Develop recommendations to improve the program as needed
- Coordinate small business program team activity across engineers, inspectors, and support team
- Managing to client expectations and building client relationships
- Budget management and tracking of performance against goals
- Identify client growth strategies and activities
- Present energy efficient technologies and program incentives for these technologies to a variety of stakeholders including utility clients, customers, community organizations and trade allies