DNV GL – Oil & Gas group is seeking a Sales Support to join our Mexico team. This position is based out of our Mexico City office. The sales support provides understanding of the commercial environment, tender basis, and unit price for larger bids, tenders, and proposals. The role provides maintenance of records, standards and processes of the department.
Tasks May Include
- Collecting, reviewing and preparing support documentation and paperwork for proposals, bids and tenders.
- Reading, understanding and facilitating the basis of tenders to line managers and other stakeholders.
- Following up recorded opportunities (Affinitas, TEAM CENTER)
- Initiating and following up on research in the Federal Official Gazette (DOF) regarding tenders and business opportunities for OAG services (where primary customers are PEMEX and CFE).
- Attending tenders’ Q&A sessions, sending questions and informing of answers to our stakeholders.
- Calculating unit prices for large tenders and bids.
- Loading, submitting proposals and support documentation through customer reception platforms.
You will be working in the business area Maritime Advisory within the Region West Europe. Maritime Advisory offers a comprehensive range of engineering and consulting services beyond classification to maritime customers.
As Junior Fire Safety Engineer you will be part of our Safety & Systems Engineering department in Hamburg. The department with 20 heads renders a variety of risk assessment, systems engineering, energy efficiency and measurement services. You will be a member of our risk assessment team and report to the head of department. You will contribute to engineering projects with focus on fire safety of seagoing passenger ships.
Your Responsibilities are:
- Risk assessments for novel designs and arrangements with focus on numerical solutions
- Fire and evacuation simulations
- Preparation of and participation in client meetings (e.g. HAZID sessions)
- Independent and confident writing of reports
- Project management and coordination
- Contribution with your expertise to our highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team
- Build and maintain good customer relations
Bladed is the global industry-leading wind and tidal turbine design tool used by component manufacturers, certification agencies, design consultants and research organisations.
Bladed is currently going through a major programme of re-architecting and innovation to ensure that it retains its market-leading position into the 2020s and beyond. The Bladed Workflow Innovation Product Owner is an exciting opportunity to play an influential role in this process, researching new ideas and helping shape the future of the product.
The innovation programme is currently at the discovery stage so initially this role will involve a significant amount of customer research and requirements gathering, slowly transitioning to spend more time with the Scrum team of developers defining user-stories and maintaining the team backlog. Under guidance from the Product Manager and Delivery Manager, the Product Owners must balance the needs of new software development with requirements to maintain robust and predictable software behaviour and deliver best in class, long term value to our customers.
- Work with UX team and business development colleagues to engage customers and internal stakeholders and make evidence-based decisions for product requirements and direction;
- Organise workshops, client meetings and other user testing to ensure a tight feedback loop on prototypes to iterate requirements;
- Understand customer workflows and needs to define the product MVP;
- Define Scrum team product backlog, writing high quality user-stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
We’re looking for candidates with an experience of wind turbine technology who have an ambition to expand their technical understanding through the delivery of software tools, or those who have experience with product ownership for technical engineering software.
This role will involve international travel on an regular basis.
Bladed is the global industry-leading wind and tidal turbine design tool. It provides worldwide wind/tidal turbine and component manufacturers, certification agencies, design consultants and research organisations with a design tool that has been extensively validated against measured data from a wide range of turbines.
Bladed is currently going through a major programme of re-architecting and innovation to ensure that it retains its market-leading position into the 2020s and beyond – all of which makes it a particularly exciting time to join the team and make your mark on the future! Bladed has made great strides already in areas such as cloud computing, optimising performance through multi-processing, etc. and we aim to keep pushing the boundaries.
The Software Delivery Manager is responsible for the overall organisation and management of the software development team ensuring efficient delivery of high-quality software and the smooth running of the team of developers.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Product Manager to balance the requirements of new software development to maintain robust and predictable software behaviour and deliver best in class, long term value to our customers.
- Coordinate and oversee the product development process to ensure effective day-to-day running of the team and efficient software delivery.
- Track development progress, ensuring realistic goals and KPIs;
- Manage product resourcing and budget, driving individual self-improvement and ensuring the team has the right combination of skills and experience.
- Act as the escalation route for key issues;
- Ensure quality communication within the team, between product management and developers, and to external teams and stakeholders;
- Act as an agile coach within the team, encouraging continuous improvement and adherence to agile best practices.
- Coordinate process improvements which span Scrum teams
In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section- PSP.
The individual responsibility will include the following:
- Project Management in Power system studies on Renewable energy (onshore and offshore wind, solar) grid integration
- Experience in Load flow studies, system loss calculations, short circuit analysis, transient & dynamic stability analysis, voltage stability analysis, performing short circuit, arc flash, and voltage drop analysis
- Experience with power system simulation packages such as PSS/E, ETAP, PSCAD/EMTDC and MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Functional knowledge of Balance of Plant (BoP), including Transformer, switchgear, cables/overhead , Lines, reactors, STATCOM technical specifications, Earthing design calculation as per IS/IEEE
- Liaise with industry suppliers, manage bidding processes and provide critical bid assessment
- Coordinate with offices in Europe and APAC for the delivery of services
- Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members reach their potential
- Support the continuous improvement of the methodology and documentation
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Internal & External contacts:
- The individual will be in regular contact (phone/email/meetings) with the Client (Lenders and Owners) and Client’s project team as well as construction contractors, stakeholders and other third parties
- The individual will be in regular contact with his/her own team, Line Manager and other Head of Sections
- The individual will work closely with other engineers in their local offices, and will have contact with the wider electrical community
Territory Sales Manager is a new function created in Region Southern Europe to improve Territory Actions, accordingly with the Key Account Managers and the Digital Lead Generation's Team. Scope of the function is to create a strong and agreed approach on all regional countries to improve Sales Actions with the specific territorial approach and increase collaboration between countries in sharing standard and tested approaches together with new ideas and approaches for new services (e.g. Digital Assurance) and Sales Approaches.
Important tasks for the Local Unit is to increase internal Sales capacity in generating Leads and Sales, together with the capacity to develop new Sales Projects and Channels, particularly important in southern Italy.
Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining and grow sales activities for Customers in the assigned Area (Enterprise and commercial) and for coordinating Territorial's team through proactive actions accordingly with the Digital Lead Generation Team.
- Ensuring the achievement of sales target for the Territory accordingly with the Digital Lead Generation team;
- Defining and maintaining lists of Channels and establishing, maintaining and developing relations with Intermediaries;
- Being proactive towards potential customers within define goal & targets;
- Assisting and supporting individuals within the team in negotiations with customers and channels;
- Stimulating sales awareness of the Stakeholders in the assigned Territory by distribution of information, answering questions, inviting for participation in Customer visits and presenting sales and marketing topics at internal meetings;
- Coaching, supervising, monitoring and following up team members in line to improve their empowerment, satisfaction and professional growth;
- Ensuring a strong and positive team working within the department and the organization with a strong Team Building Approach;
- Supporting the RSE Territory Sales Manager for the definition of forecast, Tactical Plan, KPIs and Target;
- Strong collaborating with other Territory Sales Managers in the Team (Northern Italy, France, Adriatics and Iberia);
- Increasing Channels Approach on the Territory to boost Sales Results;
- Strong collaborating with all functions to create a positive environment of Sales development;
- Collaborating with the Assessment team, Product Assurance team and Training Team to boost around the core services.
- Rome or Bari
Please note that the role will require your availability to travel in the managed territory to meet customers, channels and people in up to 70% of your time (4 days a week).
Are you well versed in geographic information system software? Are you interested in the impact renewable energy will have on the world? Then this opportunity might be right for you.
DNV GL - Energy Advisory is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to join our mutlidiscipline Environmental and Permitting Services (EPS) team. The GIS Analyst will contribute to the company’s studies, reports, and tools through well thought-out mapping products as well as assist with gathering environmental data. This position is based at our office in Montreal, QC.
Tasks May Include
- Research, inventory, analyse, and integrate GIS data
- Undertake multi-criteria spatial analysis
- Produce thematic maps
- Assist with renewable energy project site selection and characterisation studies
- Prepare elevation and roughness maps for wind resource assessments
- Assist with the development of new geospatial tools and GIS services to support renewable energy developers
- Occasional assistance with development of tools to support work automation (ArcPy)
- Occasional assistance with research and reporting for environmental mandates, such as environmental impact studies, Phase 1 ESAs, and technical siting studies including visual assessments, shadow flicker assessments, acoustic assessments, and electromagnetic interference studies
- Occasional site visits
The market demand for certification of medical devices is growing and we are expanding our team of auditors and assessors in order to service customers globally. Presafe Denmark A/S is a notified body for certification of medical devices and in-vitro diagnostic medical devices. We offer companies CE marking of medical devices for sale on the European market, as well as certification of quality systems according to requirements of relevant quality standards.
Presafe Denmark A/S is part of the Presafe family headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and which is owned by DNV GL – Business Assurance.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
For the position of Lead Auditor, your primary tasks will include:
• Planning and conducting audits (internationally) with the aim of ensuring product and management system compliance
• Ensuring that audits are conducted in a competent way and within requirements from authorities, leading to satisfied customers.
For the position of Assessor, your primary tasks will include:
• Evaluation/assessment of technical documentation against regulation and standards, to ensure product compliance.
• Interaction and consultation with relevant authorities and medical/technical experts in the approval process, as needed, and participation in audits (worldwide) with the aim of ensuring compliance of the product.
DNV GL Norway offers graduate 2020 opportunities. IT/Data students; Are you looking for new opportunities? DNV GL Norway offers positions for you who graduate in June 2020 If your ambition is to make a real difference and seek opportunities beyond business, this could be the perfect kick start for your career. DNV GL is now looking for graduates who are ready to join us from August 2020. We are primarily looking for graduates within technology and information technology and data science. We will select coming graduates based on business needs aligned with your education, experience and background. Please indicate your master program specialization and/or main area of study during the application process. We trust you as a relevant candidate are triggered by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, which is key in our projects. We are primarily hiring candidates with relevant Master Program specialisation from:
- Data Science, Data analytics
- Computer Science
- UX/UI, Visual designer, Design thinking
- Software engineering and Software Development
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Formal logic / Knowledge Representation
- Ontologies and semantic technology
- Cyber Security
- Enterprise data management
DNV GL Norway offers graduate 2020 opportunities. Technology students; Are you looking for new opportunities? DNV GL Norway offers positions for you who graduate in June 2020 If your ambition is to make a real difference and seek opportunities beyond business, this could be the perfect start for your career. DNV GL is now looking for graduates who are ready to join us from August 2020. We are primarily looking for graduates within technology and information technology and data science. We will select coming graduates based on business needs aligned with your education, experience and background. Please indicate your master program specialization and/or main area of study during the application process. We trust you as a relevant candidate are triggered by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, which is key in our projects. We are primarily hiring candidates with relevant Master Program specialisation from:
- Marine Technology, Hydrodynamics, Structure, Construction
- Mechanical Engineering, Materials Technology, Subsea, Drilling, Well
- Petroleum Geoscience and Engineering, Geotechnical
- Environmental Science, Aquaculture, Ocean Space, Marine Biology
- Electrical Power Engineering, Cybernetics, Robotics, Electronic, Automation
- Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Safety & Risk Management
- Health economics, Health analytics and Neuroscience
- Industrial Economics and Technology Management
DNV GL Energy has been advising developers, owners, operators and financiers of renewable energy projects, specifically in onshore and offshore wind, solar, storage, electricity networks and energy use, to enhance our customers' projects, technology and operations.
For France, we are now recruiting a Key Account Manager Energy (m/f) who will play a central role connecting with the major French energy companies and their national and international subsidiaries. This role is permanent and based in Paris (75013). The successful applicant will be part of the global Key Account Team and work with the local and global teams to market energy consulting services.
If you like serving customers, a flat company hierarchy, the diversity of an international team and independent working in a French/English environment, this role may be for you!
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Establish and foster long-term relationships with key decision makers within selected key accounts (3 major electricity generators, headquartered in France) to grow opportunities in the clean energy domain
- Lead the development of business strategy and take full responsibility for the implementation of the Key Account Plan, considering the identified key customer needs, DNV GL’s service portfolio and market evolution
- As an energy expert, apply professional business development skills to drive the prospection activities and the development of major proposals
- Work closely with the international DNV GL management, key account and business development teams to sell larger-value projects
- Provide guidance, mentoring and coaching in business development to team members
We are looking for an expert to join our team in delivering services to the renewable energy market in general and the wind industry in particular. The job will be based in Shanghai.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment of support structures for wind turbines offshore (towers, substructures and foundations etc.)
- Drawings and calculations approval
- Shop and Site Inspections (optional)
- Technical coordination and Project Management
- Manage customer relationships and actively develop new business opportunities in the renewables market
- Manage interactions with local authorities
- Coordinate activities and work in conjunction with headquarters in Europe
DNVGL’s Business Assurance Group is seeking an Lead Auditor - Integrated. This is a remote position from anywhere in the U.S. with travel up to 80%
Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Perform 3rd party onsite ISO 9001/14001/18001 audits for North America customers
- Schedule and plan audit activity with customers
- Interact directly with customers at all levels of management in developing timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system
- Document and report audit activities and results.
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintains appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
You will be actively involved in supporting technical aspects of the service and best operational procedures to achieve quality service in line with the business ambitions on an operational level.
Areas of responsibilities / Key tasks:
- Find qualified inspectors to fulfill a specific service request,
- Submit Inspectors' cv to Customer and monitor approval,
- Prepare job assignments in Ii2 (inspection tool) and send the assignment to the inspector,
- Mobilize inspector for the inspection visit and update calendar,
- Monitor milestones and deadlines for timely delivery of work,
- Responsible to review reports within the next 12hrs after receiving the report and issue them to Client within specified deadline,
- Review and approve/reject timesheet on the system (Ii2),
- Evaluate inspection report according to internal procedure,
- Liaise with technical colleagues in case of any technical issue detected in the report and or during inspection activity,
- Respect the administrative deadline in order to grant efficiency to the internal procedure,
- Establish and maintain communications with the client, inspector, vendor and DNV GL office,
- Establish, coordinate and communicate the scope of work for inspection requests where is required,
- Effective communication with team members in/out of office, Professional and responsive approach towards clients and colleagues,
- Ensure that inspection activities are performed according to Customer expectation and give the required level of profitability,
- Perform the job within the framework of DNV GL Quality and Operational Procedures, Code of Ethics and the Group policy.
Are you the Consultant/Senior Consultant Asset Management who is looking for a new challenge? Do you want to support DNV GL’s customers to improve their asset management performance within the Energy sector? Then we have the job for you.
As an Asset Management Senior Consultant, you will act as the trusted senior advisor of our customers and support them with solutions to optimize their asset performance linked to their business drivers. As senior consultant you will not only work within a team of professionals, you will be responsible for acquisition, management and execution of projects. You analyze and provide advice to customers on how to manage their assets in the optimal way balancing cost, risks and performance. Understanding our operating market and delivering high quality content are key characteristics of anAsset Management Consultant within our team. As an asset management expert you have knowledge of the relevant international standards and in-depth knowledge of business processes, specifically related to electric utility asset management.
You will also:
- Lead and deliver projects related to asset management and asset management processes for utilities or energy-intensive industries;
- Lead and deliver projects related to business process improvements, risk assessments and portfolio optimization (capital and maintenance);
- Deploy output from our Condition Assessment teams and Power Failure Investigation teams, to translate into business value;
- Support with business development as a selling consultant.
DNV GL is looking for a versatile, well structured, and highly motivated consultant to help shape and implement the vision and strategy for its policy, technology and sustainability market development efforts in the Middle East & Africa.
This role is based in Dubai and requires international travel, especially in the Middle East and Africa.
Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Project and stakeholders management in complex, high profile projects
- Policy and regulatory studies working with industry stakeholders (examples: ratepayer & societal cost/benefit analysis, tariff studies, grid impact studies, distributed generation regulations, water regulations)
- New grid technologies & clean energy (examples: technoeconomic assessments for smart grids, EVs, storage)
Excellent writing and strong interpersonal, communications, consulting and presentation skills are a must. 15+ years' experience with exceptional project and stakeholders management capabilities. Candidates must have a proven ability to build coalitions between diverse groups of policy makers, large businesses, regulators and other government entities.
Additionally, this candidate will be expected to participate in all facets of DNV GL's business, leading strategy consulting initiatives and related presentations and workshops around the region.
Successful candidate is expected to wear many hats; roles will include:
- Management: Candidate is expected to independently manage other employees, subcontractors, regulatory & strategy documents etc. They are required to self-manage his or her time and workload and manage expectations of clients.
- Project Management: Candidate is required to self-manage their time and workload, as well as a diverse group of internal and external team members, from project scope to execution.
- Business Development: Candidate is expected to play a key role in developing new market development clients for DNV GL, including managing proposal writing and powerpoint presentations as necessary. This may include regular speaking engagements at industry conferences/events globally.
- Market Research: Candidate is expected to support the team by directly executing qualitative and quantitative market analysis and/or supervising DNV GL analysts to better understand market trends and company specific information
DNV GL Global Shared Services IT is a truly global internal organization with approximately 380 employees located in 22 countries delivering IT services and capabilities to the DNV GL company and its customers. We want to strengthen our GSS IT Data Centre Services capacity in Gdynia and are looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer.
The candidate should have a thorough interest and understanding of all aspects related to operation and support of global IT infrastructure.
In order to ensure effective, stable and secure operation of DNV GL’s global IT infrastructure, the key responsibilities for the GSS IT Data Centre Services Gdynia Infrastructure Support System Engineer:
- Server and application monitoring
- Backup operations monitoring
- Incidents troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Print queues management
- Security patching
- Server software & firmware patching
- Conducting and supervising monthly maintenance process
- Working in Windows Server and Linux Server environments
DNV GL is seeking a Civil Engineer to address the growth of the Taiwan wind and solar energy markets. The Civil Engineer will act as a key member of the APAC civil engineering team, engaged in analysis, design review, construction observation, and analysis of structural failures of wind and solar energy systems. The engineer in this position will have a highly visible role and be involved in many wind and solar energy projects in APAC. This position is based out of our Taiwan office.
Tasks May Include
- Conduct detailed technical review and independent assessment of civil construction documentation including:
- Plans and specifications;
- Design calculations and studies;
- Construction submittals;
- Test documentation;
- Construction job books and QA/QC documentation;
- Foundation drawings and calculations;
- Geotechnical reports;
- Ground improvement recommendations and documentation;
- Seismic hazard analyses;
- Liquefaction hazard evaluation and mitigation recommendations.
- Conduct construction monitoring inspections of projects to verify compliance with:
- Construction plans and specifications, geotechnical reports;
- Applicable code requirements and standards and good construction practice;
- Develop conceptual designs and technical specifications, manage and review proposals, and support contract negotiations on behalf of clients;
- Support Construction Management activities through monitoring/management of costs, progress, contract interface, and quality programs, and facilitation of construction problem resolution;
- Write detailed reports of reviews and inspections;
- Evaluation and root cause analyses of wind and solar farm structural and geotechnical failures
- Owner’s Engineering and project development support
- Evaluation of pre-market design concepts for Wind and Solar Energy structural support systems
Are you excited to lead a team of electrical engineers in technical review of renewable energy projects and solar design? Are you passionate about growing a business? Are you an electrical engineer with least eight years of experience in solar design or development of renewable energy projects?
The Senior Manager for the Electrical Engineering team is a Customer-facing engineer responsible for leading and growing DNV GL’s Electrical Engineering (EE) practice serving the renewables industry.
Tasks May Include
- Develop and enhance company expertise in onshore and offshore wind power and solar electrical engineering and power systems analysis
- Conceptual and detailed design of wind and solar plant electrical systems
- Design review of electrical plans, specifications, calculations, and studies
- Independent review of testing, commissioning and construction QA/QC documentation
- Preparation and review of complex electrical studies including load flow, reactive power capability, harmonics, short circuit, grounding, relay coordination, arc flash
- Act as Project Sponsor on team’s projects, coordinating and supervising work by junior personnel, other company divisions, and subcontractors
- Anticipating project issues and leading customers and a team in developing appropriate resolutions
- Occasionally conducting the team’s more complex site visits, inspections and construction monitoring
- Process, procedure, and job aid development relating to electrical review of wind and solar project documentation
- Interface with electrical team leads to rapidly evaluate and grow service lines
- Interfacing with clients, their counterparties and legal counsel to discuss project/product risk and mitigation
- Responsible for business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market maintaining the required network of contacts (specifically including detailed solar design), and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs
- Self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise;
- Solid knowledge of solar development; onshore wind; energy storage procurement processes, and overall development life cycles (including interrelationships between various development activities)