In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section Technology & Innovation
- Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
- Traits for being updated, organized, taking the risk, integrity and collaborating in groups
- You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast-changing business and technological environment
- Undertake tasks related to energy production assessments which include wind data processing, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling, review of energy losses, and statistical analysis.
- Being part of the ongoing R&D projects in the Technology and Innovation team
- Internal automation projects using Python.
DNV GL – Digital Solutions Consulting team is seeking a Liquids Pipeline Engineer. Tasks will be related to implementation and support of the DNV GL Synergi Pipeline Hydraulics product line and legacy Synergi Water and Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS) primarily through the implementation, development and tuning of hydraulic pipeline computer model. Engineering analysis of natural gas distribution systems may also fall into the project portfolio for this position. This position may be based in our Katy, TX or Mechanicsburg, PA offices.
The Pipeline Engineer:
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, particularly hydraulic analysis.
- Utilizes advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of their field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Under the technical guidance of a Sr. Engineer:
- Participates in technical projects
- Takes on technical problems and applies methods to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Assesses and recommends technical solutions
- Grows expertise in one or more major technical areas related to pipeline engineering
- Integrates solutions to meet larger project objectives
Tasks May Include
- Collecting and interpreting data for pipeline systems to be modeled
- Developing and tuning pipeline models for steady state and transient studies for single phase liquids and gas piping system
- Performing simulations and interpreting results from the pipeline models
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals and scopes of work for potential implementation and model building engagements
- Assisting with cost estimates for engineering projects
- Preparing engineering reports and documentation
- Identifying potential out-of-scope activities on engineering projects
- Perform engineering tasks as required and assigned by the Project Managers for assigned projects
- Providing product and solution training and customer support
- Providing sales and marketing activity support for the product line, as assigned
Do you have passion for managing enterprise wide Infrastructure solutions and love to work with multiple technologies? Do you keep a close eye on trends and opportunities combined with daily operation and support? Do you value quality in your delivery? Come and join our Cloud Infrastructure team.
DNV GL is going through a digital transformation and new digital services and solutions are in the making. The multi-cloud strategy we have, using a combination of our Private Cloud, Microsoft Clouds, and Oracle Clouds, serve as basis for our managed IT platform named VerIT Enterprise. We are running a highly standardized global IT infrastructure platform. GSS IT is the internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. We are seeking to add Infrastructure Cloud Specialists to be part of our global IT organization, working from our North America headquarters in Houston (Katy), Texas.
Tasks May Include
- Manage, operate and support DNV GL’s “VerIT” IT infrastructure platform as part of our virtual team setup
- Deliver advisory services to the business areas within the infrastructure domain, globally or within the region
- Drive automation in all areas of the services provided
- Perform knowledge transfer and interact with other parts of the IT organization
- Address escalated technical support incidents
DNV GL Bishop Auckland is a high pressure gas test facility with typically 20 to 25 staff testing equipment for the onshore, offshore and subsea oil and gas industry. The role will involve installation of pressure temperature and other instrumentation for site activities involving flow testing of high-pressure gas equipment. Maintenance of controllers and drives for flow control valves. ATEX inspections of site instrumentation. On occasions perform calibration activities on temperature and pressure instruments.
- Correct selection, preparation and installation of instrumentation including small bore piping for site activities involving high-pressure gas pipelines and equipment for test or calibration
- Provide correct up to date instrument information to test engineers prior to start of test and support throughout testing
- ATEX inspections of all instrumentation areas
- Inspect, maintain and repair customer supplied equipment when necessary
- Attend daily Toolbox talks to ensure they are informed of the daily work programme and any HSEQ issues
- Ensure routine maintenance and inspection of instrumentation equipment is performed on time and associated certification is recorded
- Actively seek to improve site operation and equipment through new products and innovation
- Operate within formal site operating procedures
- Work within the guidelines of agreed Health and Safety requirements for the business and ensuring that safe working practices are maintained within the hazardous and high pressure areas. Participate in HSE site inspections
- Carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required, to deliver and meet the objectives of Research and Testing.
DNV GL – Energy Insights USA, Inc. Division is seeking a NERC Compliance Specialist to join our NERC Team, Regulatory Compliance. This position is based out of our Chalfont, PA office.
Tasks May Include
- Provide sound technical and business advisory guidance to clients on matters pertaining to grid modernization and operation
- Support client initiatives
- Build outstanding client relationships based on domain knowledge, trust, and willingness to step up and do what’s necessary
- Ready and open to apply new approaches and methods to solving customer challenges
- Promote and advance to customers through technical networking
- Build personal brand and knowledge base
- Help advance the DNVGL brand and thought leadership
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and market trends affecting products and services
- Deliver projects and services with diligence, integrity, and purpose
- Highly motivated to drive client and consultant team success
- Understand electric utility delivery system operations, such as distribution network, substation system, protection and control operation, associated regulatory requirements, etc.
DNV GL – Maritime Region Americas is seeking a Senior Surveyor to join our Montreal Station. As a fleet in service Senior Surveyor for Montreal you will be member of a highly-qualified team of surveyors and auditors serving the more traditional shipping segments calling ports in Quebec, Ontario, Great Lakes and Eastern Canada.
Tasks may include:
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation always.
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic cost-saving manner.
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting DNV GL onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions.
- To support Key Account Managers (KAM) as Technical Support Manager (TSM)
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will develop and support desktop, web, mobile and cloud-based software solutions and deliver associated consultancy services to our customers. This position also includes the potential to technically lead projects, and contribute to business development, including the identification of new opportunities. This role is based out of our offices in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Tasks May Include
- Work on projects to deliver software, consultancy and associated services to customers within the agreed time, costs and quality standards:
- Produce clear, unambiguous, detailed requirements
- Deliver software, systems and associated services that fully meet customer requirements
- Deliver high quality work for customers, measured through their feedback reflecting high standards
- Apply strong technical abilities and knowledge which is shared with the team
- Provide technical expertise to support business development opportunities and future initiatives
- Produce presentations and written reports as required
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with customers
- Participate in all phases of agile software development projects including; gathering and clarification of requirements, production of technical specifications, software design, implementation, deployment, support of UAT, training, documentation, support and progress reporting
- Lead and participate in both client and internal meetings
- Peer review others’ work
- Provide customer support in line with Support Level Agreements and coordinate with other team members to ensure coverage
- Support business development activities including; identification of new opportunities, understanding customer needs and recommending appropriate solutions, accurate cost estimates, proposal preparation, system demonstrations and presentations to existing and prospective clients
- Identify and help implement improved ways of working to drive efficiencies and improve standards
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented person to join our team for Stage in Data Management. The role will be primarily based at our office in Milan (Vimercate) in Italy.
The main focus of the role will be to support the implemetation of the new CRM system.
Your areas of responsibilities will include:
- Data Management,
- Data Quality,
- Management System Certification area (i.e. ISO),
- Quotation Management,
- Process Improvement
During your Stage you will gain:
- Excellent chance for training and development in all of the aformentioned areas
- Better understanding of market certification standards and procedures
- Truly international experience working in a global company such as DNV GL
The focus for this role will be to manage, support and enhance the DNV GL HR applications and participate in GSS IT projects related to HR processes ensuring alignment and co-operation with the HR community and the DNV GL overall system landscape.
DNV GL is utilizing Oracle HCM Cloud platform including different PaaS services and Seertech’s iLearning Plus as a global HR system. There are large opportunities and possibilities to participate both in the operation and initiatives implementing further modules. Be part of a long-term journey on designing and continuously adjusting our global HR IT landscape!
Main tasks include:
- Responsible for executing functional and technical 2nd level application support for the DNV GL HR application environment;Execute and manage configuration enhancements and technical changes based on new requirements;
- Ensure alignment of deliveries and services within the GSS IT Global Application Services environment in close co-operation with other relevant units in GSS IT;
- Deliver stable and well performing applications & services as agreed;
- Provide consulting services to the HR Business in terms of enhancements / future developments of process- and IT-solutions;
- Project manager for relevant smaller and mid-sized projects running in the HR domain on the relevant applications mainly within the Oracle HCM Cloud environment;
- Participate in projects related to our HR applications and IT systems;
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is seeking a Senior Solution Operations Engineer to join our global Operations team. Working collaboratively with colleagues, internal and external customers and partners, the Senior Solutions Engineer will apply their string technical, interpersonal, and project management skills to optimize the effectiveness of digital projects. This position is based out of Mechanicsburg, PA or Houston (Katy) TX offices.
Tasks May Include
- Planning and coordination of technology based projects
- Continuous management and maintenance of customer’s product/application deployments (hosted and cloud based technologies)
- Development and maintenance of automation deployment scripts
- Work closely across consultancy and development teams to fine tune and drive the efficiency of Solutions
- Promote, refine,and comply with DNV GL's Operations delivery model
- Promote Solution Operations and develop working practices within other Business Areas
- Manage and control operational running costs, related to the delivery of SaaS solutions
- Management and maintenance of other IT systems where required
- Provide Pre-Sales support
- Provide and maintain reporting aligned to operational KPI’s
- Ensure consistency and quality in delivery
- Investigate, test, develop and promote the use of new technologies to improve the service
- Provide Ad hoc support of requests from Product Support, sections heads, PM’s & technical leads.
Planning and Testing of DR and Continuity
DNV GL Renewables Certification (RC) consists of a total of 210 people with locations in Hamburg, Copenhagen, Dresden, London, Shanghai, Beijing and Bangalore. DNV GL Renewables Certification has the global responsibility for Type Certification, Component Certification and Project Certification within DNV GL Energy. This includes design and manufacturing verification activities resulting in a conformity statement or similar.
Due to growing market opportunities and current work at DNV GL Energy, Renewables Certification is looking for an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer who has experience from working in the renewables industry, preferably in wind energy segment and has a wish to work with certification of wind turbines in particular in India or abroad.
Roles and responsibilities
1) The successful candidate shall be responsible for assessment of support structures for wind turbines (Steel, concrete and hybrid towers, Sub-structures and foundations etc.)
2) The successful candidate shall be responsible for assessment of offshore wind turbine foundations and sub-structures including geotechnical assessment of soil conditions.
3) The successful candidate shall be responsible for workshop inspections such as towers, steel structures and inspection of foundations etc.
4) The successful candidate shall be responsible for working as a team member and Project Management
5) Successful candidate shall be responsible for Business development, customer relationship and Project Management. He/She shall be responsible for preparation of proposals including scope of work, schedule and budgeting etc.
6) Work in a global team with good communication skills in order to collaborate with other teams located at Hamburg, Copenhagen and China.
7) Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within timeline and budget at the same time maintaining the quality work.
8) Any other duties as per the market demands and business needs.
9) Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
Must be ready to travel within India and other countries as and when required.
DNV GL is moving through a Digital Transformation of its Software Solution Offerings which involves the transformation of its products including commercial and support models. The SaaS Engagement Manager will report to the Head of Delivery Management in the Americas with the main objective of being the primary liaison with our clients’ solution sponsor for on-going commercial, operational, scope and relationship management of our SaaS software solutions. Initially this will be for the Pipeline and QHSE Ecosystems, but will expand to other Ecosystems as solutions are released for SaaS deployment. This position will be based at our office in either Mechanicsburg, PA or Katy, TX.
Tasks May Include
- Manage the customer relationship and financial aspect of software delivery and operational support
- Ensure that the client’s needs and requirements are adhered to per contract
- Close attention to the customer and their solutions, especially as it relates to ongoing operation
- Proactive involvement in the client’s future roadmap planning efforts, to
- Ensure alignment of client needs with DNV GL solution roadmaps
- Plan, propose, negotiate and deliver extensions and enhancements to the operational solution to accommodate the client’s updated IT and business process requirements
- Serve as the client’s champion to the Ecosystem development team to put forward enhancement requests to the standard Ecosystem product
- Actively communicate DNV GL’s value proposition of SaaS products with clients on our product capabilities and future direction
- Liaise with DNV GL’s global solution operations department to ensure most cost-efficient SaaS operating platform environment
- Identify expansion opportunities for existing customer solutions
- Prepare and supervise team members and their tasks, prepare project budgets and analyze data, direct and control the outcome of a customer engagement
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes as necessary
- Develop and grow relationships with key stakeholders and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
You will be actively involved in supporting technical aspects of the service and best operational procedures to achieve quality service in line with the business ambitions on an operational level.
- Responsible for reviewing technical documentation of the day to day inspection coordination and relationships between clients, inspectors and DNV GL as per contractual obligations, focussing on both Network Performing Offices and local external Contracts operations
- Responsible for monitoring subcontractors’ performance in the inspection and also, the quality of reports generated from these inspections
- Responsible for selection and validation of the new resources (inspectors) performing technical interviews and technical tests/assessments.
You will perform the job within the framework of DNV GL Quality and Operational Procedures, Code of Ethics and the Group policy.
- Evaluate reports and review document submissions including Non-Conformances (NCR’s), Claims, observations ensuring the reports are technically reviewed
- Grow and Maintain inspector database including validation and collection of information and documents (CV, qualification, certificates, list of activities…)
- Supporting Inspection team on technical aspects such as type of inspection, documentation needed, profile of the inspector, etc.
- Developing of technical training to the coordinators: basic technical review of reports, technical concepts, documentation, etc.
- Establish and maintain communications with client, inspector, vendor and DNV GL office where applicable
- Establish, co-ordinate and communicate scope of work for inspection requests where required
- Enter all information related to inspectors and their monitoring
- Prepare and lead training package for inspectors, ensuring that all instructions are clear and correct to improve performance
- Identify and report opportunities for improvement in the operation and inspection services
- Act as client focal point where applicable for technical aspects
- Support/advice on quality case, NCR, complains and their satisfactory resolution
- Support preparation of quotations/tenders/proposals and completion of related technical documentation as required
- Accurate and timely administration and organisation of work
- Effective communication with team members in/out of office
- Professional and responsive approach towards clients and colleagues
- Support Operation managers/Team Leaders when requested
- Undertake occasional inspections on key manufacturers and or critical material (including verification survey jobs)
- Arrange and perform resource monitoring (both desk/report and field) ensuring compliance with quality requirements and DNV GL standards/procedures.
- Feedbacks on reviewed reports within 12hrs after receiving the report, prior to issue them to the client
- Responsible for 100% report review
- Customer satisfaction feedback related to technical aspects of the service
- No. of complaints / accolades received
- Implementation of Inspection procedure
- 100% of Inspectors set up and monitored
- Team Utilisation target of minimum 80%, ensuring to achieve the targeted EBITA.
The Technical Advisory Maritime section is a part of the DNV GL's Maritime Advisory Department in Maritime North Europe Region.
Main duties (in order of importance):
- Self-run structural calculations (prescriptive, FE) for ships based on Class rules (DNV GL and other
- Classes) or ship stability calculations, preparation of stability documentation
- Active sales and contribution to business development
- Leading of business ideas from blank sheet to commercial model
- Knowledge sharing and coordination of work with the team
DNV GL is in the middle of a digital transformation, as are the industries we operate in. As part of an initiative to accelerate this process, we will build and scale web development competence to further develop our digital service portfolio. Join our team to leverage modern web development capabilities to transform our global services across the maritime, oil and gas, energy, and life science industries. These capabilities include UX design, API ecosystem, E-Commerce, Web Analytic and Microservices using Microsoft Azure, Docker and open web technology stack.
As our Full Stack Developer, you will join a global team that runs a broad range of projects, transforming existing and developing new digital services and tools across all of DNV GL's industries. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about building elegant, customer-facing solutions on any device. You combine a good understanding of the system as a whole, with deep knowledge and experience with key components and tools.
- Design of the overall architecture of web-based applications
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web applications
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the applications
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Finance Controller. You would be responsible to provide high quality Accounting/finance support to the APAC/NEMEA region by working closely with the project team and Customer of different countries and ensuring all tasks are carried out to the highest standards. You would also be responsible to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by maintaining a good understanding of the different offices and its business.
- Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional.
- Traits for being updated, organised, taking risk, integrity and collaborating in groups.
- You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, tools in tune with fast changing business and technological environment.
The individual role will include the following:
- Receive, interpret, analyze and process billing instructions, following up with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams for clarification as needed
- Generate invoices as directed by project team and in accordance with contract and customer requirements (expense documentation, etc.)
- Send invoices to customers through multiple channels (email, online, postal mail) as dictated by customer
- Help and guide project teams understand billing history, budget balances and WIP as related to billing
- Manage customer purchase orders (receipt of POs, communication with project teams to assign to projects)
- Maintain electronic archive of all invoices and log of invoice details
- Provide support to project teams regarding proper project set-up, invoice creation requests
- Refer project teams to other Finance resources as needed
- Provide inputs to auditors regarding operations for Statutory Audit
- Complete special projects as assigned by finance leadership
- Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members reach their potential
- To coordinate and collaborate with APAC and global team for the fulfilment of DNV GL’s goal, vision and strategy
- Impart training on various aspects of subjects for internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Would you like be part of a team that strives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage? Would you enjoy leading a high performance interdisciplinary team of professionals who are committed to solving climate challenges?
Then you may find our Head of Section position to be a great fit for you!
DNV GL - Energy North America is seeking a Head of Section with experience in program implementation and business development, primarily in demand side management (Energy Efficiency and Demand Response) and distributed energy resources (DER); including distributed generation and electric vehicles in the utility space. This person will be expected to manage a team of DER professionals and support program planning, development and implementation; including managing the planning tasks associated with large, on-going projects and developing new projects. The position will provide strategic consulting to clients and increase the current client base in California. The position will be based out of California. Preferred location Oakland, or San Diego, CA
Tasks May Include
- Manage the start-up and program delivery in California, ensuring contract compliance, goal achievement, budget management, quality assurance, strong staff performance, and operational efficiency. This includes creating detailed plans and monitoring performance goals as well as the coordination of resources necessary for successful performance
- Work cooperatively with team members to identify potential sponsors for new and existing programs. This includes working with contract and procurement managers to negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Oversee various functional groups that deliver DER program components in outreach, marketing, engineering, administration and business analytics
- Provide strategic guidance to clients across the nation and work with local teams to integrate new program concepts and solutions that meet changing customer needs.
- Manage forecasting and system reporting. Prepare clearly written and well documented reports and proposals
- Recruit, orient, train, and mentor staff and/or project partners to ensure effective project management. This includes developing strategies to help staff feel connected to the programs goals
- Work with DNV GL support staff and subject matter experts to integrate innovations into existing client program offerings
- Serve as leader for communicating and implementing corporate policy initiatives
- Develop and champion new initiatives to senior management
- Stay current and understand the impact of both state and federal regulations
The KEMA High-Voltage Laboratory is a well-known independent laboratory for testing and certification of medium and high voltage components used in the electrical infrastructure. Our customers are manufacturers and utilities world-wide, in particular Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East.
The KEMA High-Voltage Laboratory issues Type Test Certificates, Test Reports and Inspection Reports for tests on cables, cable accessories, insulators, power transformers, instrument transformers, GIS, switchgear, panels and other components. We have multiple flexible test bays available and can work for several clients in parallel.
Technician High Voltage Laboratory (HVL)
Purpose of role
Execution of tasks as Technician in the HVL or at the test location of the customer, in the field of high voltage power equipment. The tasks are usually performed in the direct presence of the customer.
Place in organisation
Responsible to the Head of Section HVL Technicians and during the execution of tests to the responsible test engineer.
As a Technician, you are responsible for the preparation, construction and monitoring of measurement setups for high voltage tests in the laboratory or in the field. Under the supervision of a test engineer you will perform several electrical tests. Next to executing tests you will actively be involved in the maintenance of measuring equipment and measurement setups.
- Preparation and construction of planned test and measuring equipment under the guidance of the test engineer
- Preparing tests objects if necessary
- Arranging or making tools if necessary
- Checking installations for proper operation and safety
- Executing tests under the guidance of the test engineer
- Safety in accordance with Safety Procedure High Voltage
- Operating installations and equipment
- Proper use of measurement results
- Applying instructions and regulations
- Assisting customers, if present.
- Dismantling setup after tests, delivering cleared test field, tidying up used measuring tools.
- Transporting test objects in consultation with the test engineer.
- Performing preventive and curative maintenance
- Keeping assigned spaces operational and tidy
- Modifying installations
- Proposing improvements of the installation and equipment.
Are you eager to develop business with our customers on the digital transformation of their system operations? And do you know a lot about Advanced DMS, SCADA and EMS and Power System operation? Apply now and become our new colleague!
In the coming years, the electric grid will drastically change. Many utilities realize they will need a transition from traditional business models in to the digital age, using technologies and concepts like Grid Optimization, IT/OT integration, advanced Distribution Management Systems and Grid Analytics.
DNV GL is involved in crucial developments and changes that our utility customers are facing and in the area of digital transformation of their OT (operational technology) solutions. Our consultants deliver high quality and concrete results for our customers, such as creating an IT/OT goal architecture landscape that supports customers in the field of distribution and transmission operation, SCADA/EMS/DMS and GIS.
As a Business Lead you will spend a large majority of your time focused on business development, sales and the order intake for our Digital Grid Operation business (approx.. 45%). This will involve meeting with customers to discuss potential leads, ensuring an efficient process in how we present, bid and contract the established service within their remit, as well as being responsible for applying foresight and innovation in how the service(s) evolves over time, based on the changing needs of our customers and/or the changing technical landscape. As such, the Business Lead should be spending time with customers to understand their challenges and needs, aligning our service organisation to meet these needs and also continually critiquing the services within their remit and exploring opportunities to make the service(s) more efficient or of higher-value potential. You will do this for our whole Benelux and Israel region. The other large part of the role remains that of an individual contributor (aprox. 45%), undertaking consulting work and as project manager for project in DGO domain as senior consultant.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
You will identify market opportunities and develop our existing services and establish new services for both the team and our company. Face to face customer contact, travel to site visits, meetings, conferences and other off-site events are a normal part of this role.
- Generate leads, lead the bid/no bid decisions, ensure high quality proposals and close deals
- Analyse new business opportunities, gather market intelligence and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant people
- Maintain an overview of the major market threats
- Determine market approach for strategic and tactical projects together with other relevant colleagues
- Lead and co-ordinate the sales-orientated staff (virtual sales force) in the field of smart system operation within the region
- Being close to the market and our customers, you will monitor and anticipate market developments in your competence area, providing information to your line manager to enable strong resource planning and competency development of staff
- Work in advisory projects as senior consultant helping our clients in the area of digital grid operation.
- Participate in global service line development
- Encourage and ensure that lessons learned, and latest developments are shared across the team
This role is for a Principal level individual to lead and grow the team’s policy work with governments (e.g., UK’s BEIS), the EU (DG Energy, EuropeAid) and other MDBs (World Bank, IFC, EBRD, AfDB, etc.). The work would cover client projects across a range of functional areas including managing large cleantech innovation programmes, market studies, as well as technical delivery, and would include energy management, renewables, energy access, grid standards, storage, CCS, hydrogen, etc. Delivering top and bottom line growth can be achieved by having: (1) close relationships with key funding institutions; (2) strong policy and markets capabilities; and (3) knowledge of a range of key sustainable technologies.
The Head of Energy Policy would provide some oversight of the wider DNV GL teams involved in policy work, create a clear business development plan, offer a solid bid strategy and proposal writing skills, while bringing a strong track record of success across a range of institutions and technologies. The individual would work closely with our teams in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands and the Middle East & Africa, and potentially in Turkey and the Caucuses. DNV GL already has a stable of relationships and references in this area but we need to expand to create a hub of policy expertise at DNV GL more globally but rooted within the Energy Management team.
The Head of Sustainability Policy would report directly to the Director for Energy Management, NEMEA. S/he would also actively connect with 4 Market Area Directors (UK&I, Benelux, Nordics, MEA). DNV GL has extensive engineering and technical capabilities across renewables, grid assets, distributed generation, storage, CCS, hydrogen and energy efficiency, and so various people could be engaged on bids and projects to provide any technical delivery in addition to policy/market related work.
The role combines business development and delivery, with some time required to support the wider team. Some international travel would be required as part of relationship development, conference speaking, project delivery and team engagement.
- Win substantial new policy related work through an order intake target
- Develop a clear customer and technology focus for tender submissions for in 2019 and 2020
- Drive quality bid/no bid decisions
- Write and direct high-quality proposals
- Work with Finance to ensure the appropriate project pricing is adopted to maximise win probability and team utilisation
- Attain internal approvals of proposals in line with the Chart of Authority
- Work with the team to develop multi-level contacts at key institutions
- Grow the partner and associate pool across several markets to increase win rates
- Help the team to focus its BD resource on the most winnable projects and customers, given DNV GL’s capabilities
- Attain internal approvals of proposals in line with the Chart of Authority
- Broaden the capabilities of the team into new areas to extend the range of RFPs that the policy team can bid for
- Be highly chargeable on project delivery, which could include roles such as Project Director, Project Manager, or even other more technical functions
- Allocate resources to projects as required working closely with other policy professionals and technical experts
- Approve delivery of client reports and technical work, where appropriate
- Coach others in the team around relationship development, bid strategy, proposal writing and on delivery
- Build a culture of learning within the team, ensuring staff are supported and developed to meet their potential
- Grow the team to strengthen the base of policy related expertise; identify potential staff to recruit
- Foster a culture of innovation and digitalisation within the department, motivating and supporting staff as appropriate
Collaborate with other units inside and outside of the Region to ensure the highest value is provided to customers