Here are our current open positions. Please click on the job title for more information and apply from that page if you are interested.
We welcome those individuals who would like to register their profile and submit a resume/CV for general consideration.
If you already have a profile, you can manage/update it via your profile dashboard.
Recruitment Scams: It has come to our attention that various individuals or organizations have used our name to solicit advance fees and documentation from applicants in relation to non-existing jobs by sending out letters with what appears to be our company logo. DNV GL does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor, and will never ask for payments towards travel expenses, travel insurance or visas/work permits, etc. Learn more about the process of joining DNV GL.
Click column header to sort
Our world is changing its energy mix. How would you like to be part of it?
DNV GL – Energy’s group is making exciting investments in energy storage and is growing its storage team in 2020. For this reason, our group is seeking a qualified Energy Storage Consultant.
The energy storage markets are growing faster than anyone has predicted; at DNV GL we are committed to supporting this growth with the best expertise, advise and data on the planet!
Local Unit & Position Description
The Energy Storage Consultant will be part of DNV GL’s Energy Storage Advisory team and will be focused on energy storage technology evaluation, analytics, project assessment, and business model consulting to project developers, utilities and investors. The Consultant will work across utility scale, commercial and industrial (C&I) and residential markets for energy storage systems, renewable plus storage systems, microgrids and distributed energy resources.
The Energy Storage Consultant will use energy system modeling, operations research, and predictive analytics to develop decision metrics for energy storage systems performance and valuation. This position will include responsibility for project leadership, inter-disciplinary business support and business development. This position will be key in growing DNV GL’s Energy Storage Advisory practice offering innovative solutions in storage systems, hybrid renewable plus storage systems and the future of the electrical distribution system.
Broad knowledge of the electric industry is required including market and technology trends and, awareness of regulatory proceedings and policies at both the state and national level. The Consultant will ideally be based in our Chalfont, PA or Portland, OR office. However, other office locations or work from home can be considered as well.
Tasks May Include
- Managing projects and/or project tasks, executing deliverables
- Meeting key performance indicators individually and for the group
- Daily interaction with customers in person or via phone or video
- Analyzing and interpreting technical data and documents
- Summarizing key results, and communicating and reporting these results in verbal and written form
- Leading or assisting staff in the development of new business and projects
- Presenting or aiding in the development of presentation materials for conferences and workshops
- Leading or assisting in the development of new proposals for advisory or testing work
- Provide input on strategic planning and marketing decisions
- Lead a team to deliver high-quality deliverables on time and on budget
Lead Auditor - Automotive Quality Management Systems - IATF 16949
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL - Business Assurance is seeking an IATF Lead Auditor to work in our Automotive division. As independent, third-party, auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to guarantee the quality of their products.
Our ISO/TS 16949 auditors certify quality management systems for all manufacturers in the automotive supply chain worldwide – for cars, their parts, components or systems. Our auditors are generally based remotely allowing them to work independently as they travel to client sites while receiving a full complement of administrative support from our central office in Katy, TX
Tasks May Include
- Perform 3rd party ISO/TS 16949 audits for North America clients
- Document and report audit activities and results
- Interact directly with clients at all levels of management in developing timely, complete, and accurate report of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with clients
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of client corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursue advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
DNV GL Energy is seeking a Technical Manager for the Civil Engineering team. This person will be an engaging, Customer-facing, motivated leader with demonstrated management experience to lead a world class team comprised of highly skilled geotechnical, structural, and civil engineers. Charged with ensuring the foundations of the wind and solar industry are consistent with current standards and prepared to operate well into the future of the renewable energy industry, we mitigate risk and are the keystone to helping some of the largest, most technically complex renewable energy projects develop successfully. This position could be based in any of the following offices Oakland, CA; San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Houston TX; Medford, MA.
At DNV GL, we here for more than just the engineering. What makes us different?
- Foundation values and funding, in the private sector. With no shareholders to pay out annually, our profits are recycled into employee profit sharing and innovation. A portion of our revenue every year are invested in research and development that are accessible to our staff to fund their cutting-edge ideas.
- Technical rigor and independence. Our customers and the industry at large rely on DNV GL’s impartial insights to navigate current and future technology. At DNV GL, our quality is never compromised by profits or commercial pressures.
- Flexibility and autonomy. Our team consistently identifies technical autonomy and personal work hour flexibility as key drivers that keep our retention rates and employee satisfaction high. As our team grows, so do the opportunities to support each other’s work and family life.
- Progressive values. Our leadership proactively drives our family- and community-centric culture. Among other annual benefits, every employee is encouraged to utilize a paid volunteer day every year, improving and supporting our communities.
Tasks May Include
- Responsibility for growth and profitability of the Civil Engineering Team
- Develop vision and goals for the civil engineering team, in alignment with Section- and Department-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and incubate nascent service offerings originating directly from the Civil Engineering team (e.g. offshore wind feasibility, concept design, technical advisory and design review, earthquake engineering and seismic risk analysis, repowering services)
- Developing project management skills among the Civil Engineering team members, including their abilities to act as Project Manager on complex, multi-service civil engineering projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV GL’s comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility through to decommissioning
- Acting as key account manager and lead business development for customers within DNV GL’s Civil Engineering team
- Leading meetings with customers, investors, and designers on a variety of business development, industry alignment, and in the context of project development and financing
- Provide mentoring and coaching to 10-15 individual team members, including regular performance reviews
DNV GL Renewables Advisory North America is recruiting a Project Manager - Solar (M&A Advisory Services) that will be responsible for technical and operational leadership for project management and technical advisory services in support of the M&A Advisory Service team. This team provides independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory services primarily in support of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and portfolio financing of development and operational renewable energy assets for diverse customers in the North American market.
The position is preferably based out of our office in Oakland, CA or San Diego, CA.
Tasks May Include
- Execute activities related to independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory projects being undertaken by DNV GL, with emphasis on interdisciplinary thinking and approach
- Execute project management and technical consulting work, support resourcing efforts, and coordinate execution by others inside and outside the M&A Advisory team (M&A Advisory resources, wind/solar IE, technical disciplines, international teams, etc.) to deliver projects with high quality and within allocated time and budget
- Ensure technical advisory services are executed in alignment with the global service lines, with regional variations as approved
- Think creatively and leverage experience and expertise to develop customer-centric solutions supported by appropriate methodology for wind and solar projects, including:
- Construction and operating contract review and support
- Construction and operating cost estimates and considerations
- Holistic project evaluation based on technology, design, contracting, and operating history
- Site inspection and interviews
- Asset management approaches
- Operating report review
- Industry benchmarking and screening studies
- Working flexibly and in partnership with customers to identify value and address risks and opportunities in M&A transactions
- Perform technical checking and manage approval of work product
- Prepare or coordinate standard and non-standard proposals and bids in consultation with the customer to ensure needs are being addressed
- Serve as primary customer contact for M&A Advisory projects
- Drive innovation efforts and coordination with other internal and external stakeholders as pertains to M&A work, including feedback of knowledge to pre-construction diligence work and digitalization efforts
- With Head of Section, lead business development efforts for the Section, including cultivating new customer relationships, establishing new business lines, and cross-selling opportunities for other DNV GL services