Here are our current open positions. Please click on the job title for more information and apply from that page if you are interested.
We welcome those individuals who would like to register their profile and submit a resume/CV for general consideration.
If you already have a profile, you can manage/update it via your profile dashboard.
Recruitment Scams: It has come to our attention that various individuals or organizations have used our name to solicit advance fees and documentation from applicants in relation to non-existing jobs by sending out letters with what appears to be our company logo. DNV GL does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor, and will never ask for payments towards travel expenses, travel insurance or visas/work permits, etc. Learn more about the process of joining DNV GL.
Click column header to sort
Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consulting firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Then you may find the Project Manager in our Solar Independent Engineering Team position to be a great fit for you!
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Project Manager to join our Solar Independent Engineering (IE) team. DNV GL is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and DNV GL’s Solar IE team holds a substantial market position for independent engineering services to support financing and construction of solar energy projects in North America and our staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for solar project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision making process. The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review process to support the finance and construction of solar projects in North America; communicating and resolving technical issues with clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections PV plants. This position is based out of our San Diego CA, Portland OR, Oakland CA, Seattle WA, Austin TX, Chalfont PA, OR Medford, MA offices. Remote locations in southeast US may also be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing site visits.
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the Solar IE team, including leading tool development, process refinement, and lessons learned activities.
DNV GL – Business Assurance is seeking a Key Customer Manager to join our team. The Key Customer Manager shall lead the business development work for assigned critical accounts, actively building relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the Customer’s organization and with associated stakeholders. The KCM is expected to enable a deep understanding and foresight of customer needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving assigned strategic objectives, including sales achievement with the specific Key Customers. This position may be based out of any DNV GL or remote (home) office within the continental United States. Occasional off-hours availability for meetings with colleagues and customers in other time zones around the world is expected.
The KCM will represent the entire range of company products and services to Key Customers, and is responsible for the satisfaction and retention of existing Key Customer accounts, with an emphasis on increasing sales in line with assigned sales objectives.
Working closely with the Market & Industries Team, Regional Managers and Area Sales teams, with Digital Assurance and Supply Chain (DASC) leadership team, the sales network and operations, this position requires the ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaboration.
Tasks May Include
- Actively build relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the Key Customers’ organizations and with associated stakeholders, enabling a deep understanding and foresight of customer needs
- Develop an understanding of the Key Customers’ (and their subsidiaries and affiliates) needs and challenges in all respects, including their organization, geographical spread, offering, business structure and environment and existing DNV GL relationships, as well as a sound understanding of the Key Customers’ vision and values, financials and culture
- Coordinate business development and sales initiatives taking place in other DNV GL units in relation to KCs under their responsibility
- Act as an ambassador of trusted partnership and be accountable for the success and growth of our Key Customer relationships
- Work very closely with the Market & Industries function, Digital Assurance & Supply Chain (DASC) sales leadership team, Area Sales Teams and the Sales network, to achieve business results, goals, and KPIs
- Achieve assigned Sales objectives in designated strategic account
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Stay up to date on new technologies, market events/conditions affecting the industry and other competitive intelligence to better serve our existing customers, cultivate prospects, and untimely grow company’s presence and increase revenue
- Achieve assigned sales targets
- Deliver service portfolio differentiation towards Key Customers with special focus on “beyond MSC services” (for example, Product Assurance (PA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Assessment Services (AS), Digital Assurance (DA)
- Achieve strong Customer Retention metrics
- Collaborate on a regular basis with the Key Customer Project Manager(s) and Key Customer Account Officer(s) to proactively assess, clarify and validate contractual obligations, customer needs and resolution on an on-going basis
- Enhance customer centricity and improve customer satisfaction
- Collect and contribute to the gathering and consolidation of experience, best practice and case studies related to the Key Customers
- Identify the need for development of new solutions to address Key Customer challenges
- Be responsible for applying price/rate/discount/T&C according to the current DNV GL procedural framework and Chart of Authority
- Prepare, update and maintain Account Development Plans
- Deliver the Welcome Pack for every new contract signed
- Support the Key Customer Project Manager in the preparation of the Contract Brief
Are you excited to lead a team of electrical engineers in technical review of renewable energy projects and solar design? Are you passionate about growing a business? Are you an electrical engineer with significant experience in solar design or development of renewable energy projects?
DNV GL – Energy Renewable Advisory group is seeking an Electrical Engineering Team lead. The Team Lead for the Electrical Engineering team is a Customer-facing engineer responsible for leading and growing DNV GL’s Electrical Engineering (EE) practice serving the renewables industry. DNV GL is seeking an enthusiastic, nimble, and entrepreneurial engineer interested in leading and rapidly growing a team of world-class electrical engineers.
DNV GL EE team provides the following services in all renewables including onshore and offshore wind, solar PV, energy storage and microgrid:
- Owner’s engineering, including preliminary design, and third-party design review of electrical plans, specifications, calculations, and studies;
- interconnection services including grid interconnection studies and applications,
- design studies,
- technical due diligence of new construction and repowering, including construction monitoring, in support of project financing, for developers, lenders and investors.
- Complete utility-scale solar PV detailed design services, including plans, specifications, and design studies
Our teams apply significant experience in regulatory issues as applied in interconnection, grid operations, and transmission planning. Specifically, this team is increasing both competence and revenue in detailed solar design and offshore wind project support.
DNV GL is looking for a dynamic individual with great communication skills, ability to develop strong relationships with internal Project Managers as well as with Customers to solve their technoeconomic challenges when designing and constructing a project. The ideal candidate will have diverse experience in design, construction, interconnection, and repowering of utility-scale renewable energy projects, and will be eager to support growing a business with an entrepreneurial spirit and day to day team lead responsibilities (operations support/management) of a high-energy and nimble team.
DNV GL’s electrical engineering practice areas are split approximately 70% third party review/technical due diligence, and the remaining 30% on solar design, electrical studies, interconnection application and other development support activities, with plans to grow to approximately 50% support of technical due diligence and 50% on detailed design and offshore wind electrical engineering design and owner’s engineering.
Why you should work for us?
Because within the DNV GL Energy, Renewables Advisory group, organizational culture and more specifically how we collectively influence the world for future generations, matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
Tasks May Include
- Identify new services, grow, maintain and enhance company expertise in onshore and offshore wind power and solar electrical engineering and power systems analysis;
- Act as advisor and first escalation path on the electrical’s team’s projects, coordinating and supervising work by junior personnel, other company divisions, and subcontractors;
- Anticipating project issues and leading customers and a team in developing appropriate resolutions;
- Occasionally conducting the team’s more complex site visits, inspections and construction monitoring;
- Process, procedure, and job aid development relating to electrical review of wind and solar project documentation;
- Interfacing with clients, their counterparties and legal counsel to discuss project/product risk and mitigation;
- Responsible for business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market maintaining the required network of contacts (specifically including detailed solar design), and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs
- Self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise;
- Solid knowledge of solar development; onshore wind; energy storage procurement processes, and overall development life cycles (including interrelationships between various development activities); and
- Willing to travel 15-30% of the time, domestic and international
Lead Auditor - Automotive Quality Management Systems - IATF 16949
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL - Business Assurance is seeking an IATF Lead Auditor to work in our Automotive division. As independent, third-party, auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to guarantee the quality of their products.
Our ISO/TS 16949 auditors certify quality management systems for all manufacturers in the automotive supply chain worldwide – for cars, their parts, components or systems. Our auditors are generally based remotely allowing them to work independently as they travel to client sites while receiving a full complement of administrative support from our central office in Katy, TX
Tasks May Include
- Perform 3rd party ISO/TS 16949 audits for North America clients
- Document and report audit activities and results
- Interact directly with clients at all levels of management in developing timely, complete, and accurate report of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with clients
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of client corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursue advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed